• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

"There was a point in time in the fourth quarter where they ran a pick-and-roll with (center) Al (Horford) and (power forward) Josh (Smith)," Johnson added. We never went over that, so we didn't know how to cover it. And they hurt us."

Well, it's only a major, effective, and notable play from the Hawks so why go over defending it?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
We're not getting the #1 seed

Let OKC deal with LA/Utah then Grizz/Nuggets

#2 seed has Houston and Clipps/Warriors

I think Lakers best shor is Memphis taking the three spot an the LA taking the six. I would rather see the Lakers take the six and play the clips for LA vs. LA, but whatever.

I think we lose bad to the Spurs and lose pretty bad to OKC with a couple wins coming from westbrook shooting them out of at least one game.

I'm curious to see how the team looks when Pau and now Kobe return.

Emwitus

LOL at people picking the spurs with Pop vs Pringles matchup!LOL I'll take my chances against anyone else, thank you very much. I want nothing to do with OKC/Spurs in teh first round. I can see LA losing to the spurs by an average of 40 points...no kidding.

Watching Real Housewives of Atlanta. Man Kordel Stewart is a punkass. Trying to control his wife. Dude was a terrible QB and likes to refer to himself in the third person. WTF.

GF used to watch this show all the time (so yes by extension I watched the show). I found it hilarious that the girl from Xscape managed to produce a catchy song using the white gold digger's non existent vocals and the drama that ensued from the subsequent jealousy...

"Don't be tardy for the party"

exarkun

Are you predicting all of the Spurs contracting AIDS before the series?

If Magic Johnson got a cure for AIDS
And all the broke motherfuckers passed away
You telling me if my grandma's in the NBA
Right now she'd be okay?

Lakers better start practicing their freethrows like Kanye's grandma.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Why do people want Pau to start? We've been playing our best ball without him. Does that mean we're a better team without him? No. But we are a better team when he isn't starting.

Pau Gasol is a center. He was always at his best in that position for the Lakers. It gives him more room in the deep post where he is most effective. The lamar/pau combo was always > the Andrew/Pau combo. The man is at his best in the 5 spot. Period.

And have we all got amnesia? Because I don't. I still remember Pau getting TORCHED on defense by opposing forwards. Absolutely fucking torched. It was a joke. We get back on D a lot quicker with Earl/Howard. Plus, Earl can guard 3's and 4's and stretch the defense legitimately. Pau can't. Has Earl been shit the last several games, sure. But this team doesn't need two big ass centers starting. The Twin Towes doesn't work in this era of the NBA anymore. It just fucking doesn't man.

If there is any hope at all for this team when Pau returns he will come off the bench and the team keeps winning like this and we realize he's better served as a back up center/semi-PF. Pau's days as an effective starting PF are fucking OVER people.... come on.

If the Lakers get the 8th seed and get San Antonio I'd pick the Lakers in the series.

laugh1v6b1.gif

Probably better to place your bets on the Lakers suddenly figuring everything out and taking advantage of teams with a Pau/Dwight front court than to settle with a lineup that is fools gold in Ebanks/Dwight that will get you tossed in the first round.

I doubt Pau/Dwight works out but at this point its better to put all your chips in on that then crawling to the finish line with some fake shit.

Why do people want Pau to start? We've been playing our best ball without him. Does that mean we're a better team without him? No. But we are a better team when he isn't starting.

Pau Gasol is a center. He was always at his best in that position for the Lakers. It gives him more room in the deep post where he is most effective. The lamar/pau combo was always > the Andrew/Pau combo. The man is at his best in the 5 spot. Period.

And have we all got amnesia? Because I don't. I still remember Pau getting TORCHED on defense by opposing forwards. Absolutely fucking torched. It was a joke. We get back on D a lot quicker with Earl/Howard. Plus, Earl can guard 3's and 4's and stretch the defense legitimately. Pau can't. Has Earl been shit the last several games, sure. But this team doesn't need two big ass centers starting. The Twin Towes doesn't work in this era of the NBA anymore. It just fucking doesn't man.

If there is any hope at all for this team when Pau returns he will come off the bench and the team keeps winning like this and we realize he's better served as a back up center/semi-PF. Pau's days as an effective starting PF are fucking OVER people.... come on.

Zbo and Marc Gasol do fine, so do Splitter and Duncan. But then those players are about twice as skilled as Dwight in the post.

balddemon

Banned
I think it's funny that some people think the spurs will lose to the lakers in the first round, and then some other people think that the spurs can beat the heat in the finals.

I know, I know, transitive property bullshit fallacies and whatever, but in this case, the heat are just so much better than everyone else (especially the lakers), that if you can't beat the lakers, there is no way you're beating the heat.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
No space here to list all the injuries. Not when we have to list how the Knicks' 3-point percentage has declined for five months straight: .416 in November; .371 in December; .360 in January; .335 in February and .328 in March. It got so bad recently that my man Steve Novak missed 12 in a row.

:lol

J2 Cool

Anybody else feeling a Heat blowout? Just really stamp it home how dominant they are in a meaningful game, when people are predicting a serious battle. I could also see Ray sticking it to Boston.

Final four: Creighton, Gonzaga, Kansas, Indiana

Championship: Gonzaga v Kansas

Winner: Kansas

Fuck John Wall, I'm talking about the CG man.

No.

Its definitely gaming GAFs darkest hour, and the ammount of retroactive "lulzzz I want to believe" is hilarious given how many guys were legitimately thinking Joakim was CG.

balddemon

Banned
Louisville fuckball is going to fail at some point

sure sure but with the way they destroyed cuse and won the big east tourney, they could be this years uconn with kemba. not sure who will take over in games like he did, but they've got some talent.

and do you really believe creighton will be duke? duke is actually pretty good and not as overrated as they have been in recent years.

Top Bottom