• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

I dunno about this game. Had a game in Toronto yesterday the Heat might just stop giving fucks tonight. Hopefully KG bitches out of this game so that Bosh can feast

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I like the Knicks over BRK, MIL, CHI, and ATL. They'd lose to IND and BOS though.

So unless they get matched up against one of those 2 teams, I see them making it out of the first round.

This isn't a compliment to the Knicks but more of a statement about the Eastern conference.

Larry Sanders breaks what NY does when 3s aren't falling by himself. Monta, Jennings, and Reddick overpower their perimeter. Cake win for Milwaukee.

Chicago is too efficient, Thibs feasts on offenses that key on one player, Noah takes what Chandler does best and uses it against him.

Atlanta has Horford - Teague is the kind of player that shits on Felton routinely. They have no one in NY dedicated to following Atlanta's shooters around either.

They have an outside shot against Brookyln though. Only because of PJ...

Talon

Larry Sanders breaks what NY does when 3s aren't falling by himself. Monta, Jennings, and Reddick overpower their perimeter. Cake win for Milwaukee.

Chicago is too efficient, Thibs feasts on offenses that key on one player, Noah takes what Chandler does best and uses it against him.

Atlanta has Horford - Teague is the kind of player that shits on Felton routinely. They have no one in NY dedicated to following Atlanta's shooters around either.

We (ATL) have no shot to advance from the first round. Josh has convinced himself that he's the main ballhandler in the last 2 minutes of a close game. You can imagine how that ends up.

Joe may have had an absurd contract, but he never fumbled the ball out of bounds on a last possession.

DY_nasty

like having two idiots in JR and Felton being primary ball handlers

But lol @ Brooklyn being a threat to anyone.

Only because of playoff Deron.

Joe is kinda hit or miss, Crash may or may not go into suicide mode again, Brook is... Brook.

But they don't defeat themselves in the fundamental, practiced ways that NY does. Plus they aren't bitchmade either.
We (ATL) have no shot to advance from the first round. Josh has convinced himself that he's the main ballhandler in the last 2 minutes of a close game. You can imagine how that ends up.

Somehow better than Felton.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Who cares about anything that goes on anymore this year? Seriously, it's all about the Heat at this point, every other team is putting the NBA to shame, specifically everyone else in the East. Like every post from now on should just be about the Heat.

I know it's tough guys, but I'm sure some of you will experience some form of a championship one day with your teams (maybe; Wizards/Bobcats fans lolol)

It's adorable that some of you guys think the Celtics will win tonight... Like laughably adorable, but whatever when your teams are that terrible, you have to reach for the closest branch to pull yourself out the shit water.

23 strong.

Who's alt is this? It's not bad. Not bad at all.

Chicago is efficient? They're 23rd in offense man. Thibs is overrated. Their players will be in crutches by the postseason.

Atlanta has no one to defend Melo, and Chandler on Horford is a win for the Knicks. This series will probably go long because all Atlanta ones do, but I never trust the Hawks to win shit, so theres that. Without Joe, its the Lou Williams + Josh Smith show when it really counts, and good luck with that.

Milwaukees offense sucks. Thats all you really need to know. Sanders can only do so much. Watching Monta and Jennings bash their head against the wall vs Chandler will be hilarious though.

The Knicks are bad, but they aren't facing juggernauts here. Theyre the favorites in those 3 series imo.

reilo

Dy, how you gonna mention ATL vs NYK and not mention Josh Contract-Year Smith on Melo?

EDIT: ATLANTA HAS NOONE TO DEFEND MELO? Holy tits? Wtf.

Talon

Atlanta has no one to defend Melo, and Chandler on Horford is a win for the Knicks. This series will probably go long because all Atlanta ones do, but I never trust the Hawks to win shit, so theres that. Without Joe, its the Lou Williams + Josh Smith show when it really counts, and good luck with that.
That'll be doubly tough...considering Lou Williams is out for the season.
Dy, how you gonna mention ATL vs NYK and not mention Josh Contract-Year Smith on Melo?

EDIT: ATLANTA HAS NOONE TO DEFEND MELO? Holy tits? Wtf.
Didn't go so well for Josh last time out in New York. Melo embarrassed him. Last basket of the game, Melo just drove right past Josh on the left baseline. :(

Kobe Bryant, who is nursing a sprained ankle while his Lakers make their push for a Western Conference playoff berth, said he couldn't care less about Miami's winning ways. When asked in a text whether he thinks the Heat will break the Lakers' record, he responded: "Did you really ask me that?? Lol"

That was from Chris Broussard

what a clown

DY_nasty

Chicago is efficient? They're 23rd in offense man. Thibs is overrated. Their players will be in crutches by the postseason.

Milwaukees offense sucks. Thats all you really need to know. Sanders can only do so much. Watching Monta and Jennings bash their head against the wall vs Chandler will be hilarious though.

The Knicks are bad, but they aren't facing juggernauts here. Theyre the favorites in those 3 series imo.

Milwaukee's offense is bad because they suck when forced to progress past their 1st and 2nd option. NY will never force that.

Chicago is efficient meaning they don't commit dumb turnovers and they keep games within their means. They don't score a lot, but they don't give other teams opportunities to capitalize on their mistakes either. NY needs bunnies to win. Chicago isn't the type of team to give those up for an entire series. Also, its ridiculous you say that Chicago will be on crutches in the playoffs when NY is on crutches right fucking now.

I trust Horford more than anyone on the Knicks roster and the only way that Atlanta beats themselves is in Josh Smith while NY can and will routinely fuck themselves from all sorts of angles.

That's always been my go-to when it comes to matchups. Which team beats itself better. NY does it better than anyone.

If we're relatively healthy and Parker is a bit hobbled... I'll give us a 45% chance of taking that series. But if we're not where we want to be health wise and Parker is still Parker.. then, no, the Lakers are getting the 1'st round pipe. Period.

Lakers would sweep SA, don't get it twisted.

reilo

So, let me get this straight.

One month before the playoffs are to begin, Melo is out getting his knees drained, and I am supposed to think that Josh Smith has no shot slowing him down in a playoff matchup?

Yeah, okay boys. You got me.

That'll be doubly tough...considering Lou Williams is out for the season.

Didn't go so well for Josh last time out in New York. Melo embarrassed him. Last basket of the game, Melo just drove right past Josh on the left baseline. :(

that was the game Melo went 8/12 or whatever from three.

Unless he's 100% its hard to say how much he'll help.

Has there been any update on his knee? NY usually plays this stuff close to the chest before announcing major injuries.
Tina Cervasio @TinaCervasio 1 hour ago
Melo worked on side, running, lateral moves, layups, j's, worked up sweat. Says has full mobility but wont play tonight, needs lift back #Knicks

Carmelo says his knee feels so much better since draining it's like "night & day". Fluid came from hamstring pull - Nothing to do w/ knee #Knicks
well that's weird.

EDIT: Also Carmelo says he's pain-free and will return against Orlando Wednesday.

I love the Knicks medical staff.
if the Knicks do face ATL, they'll have HCA in Madison and at Phillips,lol.
NEVAR FORGET

untitled-6bkkpb.gif

Since Amare's season is basically over, let's take a look at his salary.

Salary: $19,948,799
Minutes Played: 682
Points Scored: 413

Amare made $29,250.44 per minute this year.

or

$48,302.18 for every point scored.

=l

Amar'e +/- -0.7 differential
Melo-Amare'+/- -4.3 differential

Record in games: 16-13
Record in games with at least 24 minutes played: 6-7

Said before and I'll say it again and again and again. Melo and Amar'e do not play well with each other.

reilo

Remember when Knicks fans claimed that Jason Kidd would keep Felton in check?

Talon

All I know is, CB lives in an alternate reality where Lou didn't fuck up his knee. I bet we're a 3 seed in that alternate universe!

Remember when Knicks fans claimed that Jason Kidd would keep Felton in check?
Turnovers per are lowest in 3 years, Assists are down but that's due to the offense/lack of players around him. Scoring is down but that's the point of the Jank; either you want with to score and be out of control or reign in in and have him score like 12 a game. I'd say he has done that.

reilo

Turnovers per are lowest in 3 years, Assists are down but that's due to the offense/lack of players around him. Scoring is down but that's the point of the Jank; either you want with to score and be out of control or reign in in and have him score like 12 a game. I'd say he has done that.

His PER is still in the 14ish range. C'monson.

what is this post even saying lol

His PER is still in the 14ish range. C'monson.
Felton is here to run the O and PnR. He's only making in the $3 mil range for a reason. You're bringing up PER yet the issue is whether he's more stable than he's been in the past i.e. the last two years after he left NY. In comparison he kinda has, I never said he was Rondo here.
what is this post even saying lol
Another person who doesn't know the rules regarding the JANK DRIBBLE.

Jason Kidd does keep Felton in line; Kidd's specific role is to shoot 3s as the SG or off-ball guard in the offense/be a backup PG/be an extra facilitator along with Felton or the other ball-handling guard who usually plays alongside him in his time on court (like Smith, or Shumpert). As a bonus, we get one of the smartest PGs ever, and a guy that additionally plays pretty good team defense (gets destroyed, naturally, man to man)/helps limit costly turnovers. He wasn't here to be THE PG, and his play reflects that of a backup player.

He was definitely being overused in the early season, though.

EA fucked up the Sim4 release so bad theyre offering major releases for free? wow.
edit:

Typically 7-footers in their prime are in high demand, and historically they get paid more than anybody expects. But here’s why Blatche cares less about money in his next contract: he’s still getting paid by the Wizards through the 2014-15 season because he was waived via the amnesty clause. So, according to the rules of the CBA, most of the money he earns through then on his next contract will go to Washington, the team he feels abandoned him last season.
Blatche even said that gives him incentive to take less money.
“If I get a lot (in my next contract), yeah, it’s going to take pressure off the Wizards,” he said. “But that’s why I’m not going to do that.”
damn. what an asshole. but cold blooded.

Top Bottom