• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

sure sure but with the way they destroyed cuse and won the big east tourney, they could be this years uconn with kemba. not sure who will take over in games like he did, but they've got some talent.

Cuse had no fucks left to give after beating Georgetown though.

That was their championship.

We're not getting the #1 seed

Let OKC deal with LA/Utah then Grizz/Nuggets

#2 seed has Houston and Clipps/Warriors

I get the feeling that any series that the Nuggets are in will be a 7 game series. They just don't lose at home, but they mostly suck on the road. I think playing the Jazz or Lakers would be a 4 or 5 game series, then followed by a worn out Grizz or Nuggets. The Clippers or Warriors could be pretty dangerous for the #2 seed.

balddemon

Banned
Cuse had no fucks left to give after beating Georgetown though.

That was their championship.

fair enough. what about duke? do you think creighton can get by a not so overrated duke squad? they're actually fairly decent this year. I haven't looked up their defensive numbers but I think they will be inthe final 4.

and as long as we beat unc and vcu, I really couldn't give 2 shits about the rest. winning the whole thing would be nice but it will be tough to beat florida. (ku fan)

J2 Cool

I think it's funny that some people think the spurs will lose to the lakers in the first round, and then some other people think that the spurs can beat the heat in the finals.

I know, I know, transitive property bullshit fallacies and whatever, but in this case, the heat are just so much better than everyone else (especially the lakers), that if you can't beat the lakers, there is no way you're beating the heat.

The Spurs are such an unknown though. As a #1 seed have been eliminated in the 1st round two years ago, while last year looking like the most dominant team in the playoffs winning their first 9. It's really hard to predict what we're going to get out of the Spurs in the playoffs. Their youth just plays better and better, while their core gets older, yet Duncan is having one of the best seasons in years. Pop's also fantastic at getting everything he can out of his talent, but that sometimes has its limits against the right opponent.

Still, if anyone is going to beat the Heat most expect it will be the best "team" which the Spurs personify. Beating Lebron in the Finals before also counts for something on people's psyche, though it's almost entirely irrelevant at this point. Almost. Nobody would bet against the Heat winning it all at this point in all honesty, but we have to keep it interesting somehow.

The Heat's greatest benefit for this streak is playing in a weak East. (Bulls, Magic, Celtics of previous years totally change the landscape) I think the hope of a lesser Thunder team is gone. Spurs and Clippers are the only team I can see bringing it to Miami. With the Lakers still bringing entertainment in 4-5 games.

fair enough. what about duke? do you think creighton can get by a not so overrated duke squad? they're actually fairly decent this year. I haven't looked up their defensive numbers but I think they will be inthe final 4.

and as long as we beat unc and vcu, I really couldn't give 2 shits about the rest. winning the whole thing would be nice but it will be tough to beat florida. (ku fan)

I just liked Creighton more than Duke. Not much worse offensively while being a good defensive team imo.

No way Kansas loses to UNC.

I have VCU over Michigan...and that was probably the hardest matchup on my bracket. White knuckled that one..

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
From being one of the hottest team in the NBA to drop below garbage level makes the Knicks one of the biggest comedy of the year.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bottom three teams in 3PT%:

Magic: .331
Suns: .324
Wolves: .299

League Average: .359

From being one of the hottest team in the NBA to drop below garbage level makes the Knicks one of the biggest comedy of the year.

It's hard to shoot more than Kobe does a game but Melo manages to do it.

Pushing Lin out of town and Amare to the bench.

damn

reilo

Melo, month-by-month:

November: 46.9 FG%, 44 3PT%
December: 47.8 FG%, 42.6 3PT%
January: 42 FG%, 38.9 3PT%
February: 40.6 FG%, 30 3PT%
March: 36 FG%, 16.7 3PT%

Avery gonna foul out of the game tonight

stern dont want anyone touching wade :p

i do expect Avery to get techs since he will complain if he gets called for fouls

Emwitus

Why do people want Pau to start? We've been playing our best ball without him. Does that mean we're a better team without him? No. But we are a better team when he isn't starting.

Pau Gasol is a center. He was always at his best in that position for the Lakers. It gives him more room in the deep post where he is most effective. The lamar/pau combo was always > the Andrew/Pau combo. The man is at his best in the 5 spot. Period.

And have we all got amnesia? Because I don't. I still remember Pau getting TORCHED on defense by opposing forwards. Absolutely fucking torched. It was a joke. We get back on D a lot quicker with Earl/Howard. Plus, Earl can guard 3's and 4's and stretch the defense legitimately. Pau can't. Has Earl been shit the last several games, sure. But this team doesn't need two big ass centers starting. The Twin Towes doesn't work in this era of the NBA anymore. It just fucking doesn't man.

If there is any hope at all for this team when Pau returns he will come off the bench and the team keeps winning like this and we realize he's better served as a back up center/semi-PF. Pau's days as an effective starting PF are fucking OVER people.... come on.

He's team defense is scary terrible. He sleeps on his man every single time. Having both him and kobe suffer the same defensive problems is depressing. On the flip side i see why we shouldn't start pau either but hey, we are getting swept in the first round either way.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
It's amazing how things changes in a couple of months...

-Melo was in the MVP conversation
-Biggest threat to the Heat in the east and blowing them out two times in a row
-6-0!
-All those accumulated ages of wisdom in the Knicks team
-Jason Kidd and the rest of the team shooting threes like crazy
-First in the east

And so forth and so forth.

bud23

Miami, the road ends at TD garden. It was nice, but everything has an end.
Boston will crush Lebron tonight. The Miami Heat's winning streak is finished. Today is the day. Let´s do this!!

426398_10152308237830021_2087315741_n.jpg

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
You guys are trying to troll so hard due to injuries to the knicks on a road trip against teams above .500? Yet, the majority of your teams have sucked all season.....

I would say EAD but your all too busy talking bullshit

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
As a long time Gonzaga fan I am SO happy to put the winning it all and it be a realistic possibility.
I play in a big family bracket pool each year and have given up caring about really winning a while back. I have just thrown the Zags in the final four each year outta love.

Anyone have any predictions of players that will blow up in the tourney and steal a win for their team? There is always a couple.

It's amazing how things changes in a couple of months...

-Melo was in the MVP conversation
-Biggest threat to the Heat in the east and blowing them out two times in a row
-6-0!
-All those accumulated ages of wisdom in the Knicks team
-Jason Kidd and the rest of the team shooting threes like crazy
-First in the east

And so forth and so forth.

Then amare returned and it all changed like some of us predicted.

I just liked Creighton more than Duke. Not much worse offensively while being a good defensive team imo.

No way Kansas loses to UNC.

I have VCU over Michigan...and that was probably the hardest matchup on my bracket. White knuckled that one..

The only chance Unc has against Kansas is if McAdoo finally displays some semblance of touch around the rim, otherwise they are going to get dominated in the post. lol at the thought of that actually happening though

Since Amare's season is basically over, let's take a look at his salary.

Salary: $19,948,799
Minutes Played: 682
Points Scored: 413

Amare made $29,250.44 per minute this year.

or

$48,302.18 for every point scored.

=l

reilo

You guys are trying to troll so hard due to injuries to the knicks on a road trip against teams above .500? Yet, the majority of your teams have sucked all season.....

I would say EAD but your all too busy talking bullshit

Right, because I've never seen a team still play well despite injuries.

Miami, the road ends at TD garden. It was nice, but everything has an end.
Boston will crush Lebron tonight. The Miami Heat's winning streak is finished. Today is the day. Let´s do this!!

426398_10152308237830021_2087315741_n.jpg

Putting the kids to bed and drinking for the Irish. Then I'll laugh and berate them as they get stomped on by the Heat.

that 08 Celtics team defense is ranked 7th all time in the shot clock era. they were a buzzsaw
edit: sorry, that's 7th all time since the three point era

Whatever.

Win the division, make the playoffs, avoid the Heat in the first round. That's the goals for this regular season. 50 wins would be a cherry on top. The Knicks can still do all of these things, and likely will. If Melo and Chandler come back from this injury time back in good shape, we can get the 50 wins too. Once they get in the playoffs, let's see what the team can do; if we avoid the Heat, we can get out of the first round. The Celtics, Pacers and Bulls have given us trouble in the regular season, but they aren't exactly killing it themselves (like all of the non-Heat teams in the Eastern Conference). We've beaten the Nets, Bucks and Hawks this season too, so those matchups are okay too. Naturally the goal of getting in the playoffs is to win a title, but the games have to be played before talking rings.

This season featured a lot of injuries, but they played well enough for most of it. I hope they can close it out stronger, since the schedule will soften a little bit from what it was this entire month (West Coast swing, championship contenders, back-to-backs, all on the road, etc) while the Nets at least go on a tough West Coast road stretch for 8 games.

As a long time Gonzaga fan I am SO happy to put the winning it all and it be a realistic possibility.
I play in a big family bracket pool each year and have given up caring about really winning a while back. I have just thrown the Zags in the final four each year outta love.

Anyone have any predictions of players that will blow up in the tourney and steal a win for their team? There is always a couple.

I haven't watched as much college ball this year, so I'm not the best guy to ask; but Savannah State, Stephen F Austin, Bucknell, and Southern University have great team defensive stats. Outside of someone getting hot I wouldn't be surprised to see these teams make some noise.

exarkun

It's always fun to see East teams go on West road trips and get put in their place.

No its not, as perennial occupiers of the bottom of the West its kind of sad. Because we both know that if either of our teams was in the East we'd be like 4th.

Its fun to watch, but sad when you realize teams are playing the Pistons and Pre-Wall Wizards on the reg.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Your saltiness.....it's nice.

Salty from a losing streak. Man lol I am not lakers age here. Knicks age is made from sterner stuff.

Knicks are basically having LA's season in reverse with less injuries and only a slightly better record so far.

Yeah and without having to deal with dwights bitchassness or D'antoni as a HC....

Right, because I've never seen a team still play well despite injuries.

And obviously you never seen a team play bad through injuries either. A top seed would of been nice but if they go into the playoffs a lower seed and healthy they will still be a tough out.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
And obviously you never seen a team play bad through injuries either. A top seed would of been nice but if they go into the playoffs a lower seed and healthy they will still be a tough out.

Eh

Only team that they stand a chance against is Boston

But Boston runs NY

Knicks can defeat anyone in a 7 game series in the first round except for Miami. Of the 6 current non-MIA teams that are slated to be in the playoffs, the Bulls/Pacers/Celtics give me the most pause due to matchups and/or defensive intensity. You know they're going to trap the hell out of pick and roll, and they're going to force NY to jumpshoot its way to victory.

But really, unless you're the Heat in the East, nobody is frightening. What's going to happen in this thread is people will wait with bated breath for the Knicks to lose, and if/when they make it out of the first round, the goalpost will move to them sucking because they won't win the title. If somehow they make it to the ECF versus (invariably) Miami, it'll be more about "lol Melo/Melo's not LBJ" than the usual lol Knicks stuff.

And if somehow, by some miracle the Knicks made the Finals...well, there's no data because nobody realistically considered that possibility even when the Knicks were laying waste to the NBA early on this season.

ohNOitsRO

Who cares about anything that goes on anymore this year? Seriously, it's all about the Heat at this point, every other team is putting the NBA to shame, specifically everyone else in the East. Like every post from now on should just be about the Heat.

I know it's tough guys, but I'm sure some of you will experience some form of a championship one day with your teams (maybe; Wizards/Bobcats fans lolol)

It's adorable that some of you guys think the Celtics will win tonight... Like laughably adorable, but whatever when your teams are that terrible, you have to reach for the closest branch to pull yourself out the shit water.

23 strong.

Unless The Knicks stop the slide and secure HCA, they won't make it out of the first round.

Look at the EC standings, they ain't that far ahead. Their only saving grace is that the east is trash and the teams below them are likely to suck at a similar rate as them.

Getting the 5th 6th or 7th seed and facing Indy, NYN or ATL. They done.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Knicks can defeat anyone in a 7 game series in the first round except for Miami. Of the 6 current non-MIA teams that are slated to be in the playoffs, the Bulls/Pacers/Celtics give me the most pause due to matchups and/or defensive intensity. You know they're going to trap the hell out of pick and roll, and they're going to force NY to jumpshoot its way to victory.
NY is self-defeating before anything else.

That's the issue.

I like the Knicks over BRK, MIL, CHI, and ATL. They'd lose to IND and BOS though.

So unless they get matched up against one of those 2 teams, I see them making it out of the first round.

This isn't a compliment to the Knicks but more of a statement about the Eastern conference.

Top Bottom