• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Do they suck at playing soccer?

No, but neither does Wayne Rooney, and I'd argue that having him in the England team ensures the team sets up poorly tactically.

It's not all about skill. It's been rumoured the squad are happy Nasri is out because he's a moany prick when he doesn't start. Ribery is far more of a miss, but Griezemann is no slouch.

Nothing more fitting than the national team being helped by the referee on the stadium of a club well known for also being helped by them.

10409731_637546626334356_8425617884294784556_n.jpg

/dead

Feorax

No, but neither does Wayne Rooney, and I'd argue that having him in the England team ensures the team sets up poorly tactically.

Exactly. As good as Rooney can be when he can be arsed, the idea of him playing at the apex of a midfield and man-marking Pirlo fills me with dread.

You know, although I understand the terrible ref call on that one goal, some of the reactions here are a bit extreme.

Its the WC, overreaction is at an 11, as it always is. You've got the tribalistic qualities of the world's biggest sport combined with extreme nationalism, it guarantees a drama-filled shitshow.

Zeroth

Its the WC, overreaction is at an 11, as it always is. You've got the tribalistic qualities of the world's biggest sport combined with extreme nationalism, it guarantees a drama-filled shitshow.

Well, the drama is certainly making this thread pretty interesting, so keep it up people ;)

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Pletikosa out and Mandjukic in should hopefully mean a better performance for Croatia on wednesday, despite the ref BS Croatia still looked sloppy up front and at the goal.

Magni

It's times like these I treasure being able to work at home.

It's time like these I treasure working at a company where we stocked up the fridge and got the game on the big screen.

What a shitty game by Brazil, by the Croatian goalkeeper, and by the referee. I love watching the WC, but I'll never take it seriously until FIFA implements video replay for all goals and penalties. The world will be a better place when Blatter fucks off or dies, which ever comes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom