• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Daniel

Tomorrow is Round 2:

Dejong-alonso.gif

Ribs were shattered that day.

Kimaxe

Ref please. I ripped my dick off, and it's only the first day.
I found the croatian game in the 2nd half nice. But goalkeepers were close to be lame in my opinion.

I am really upset for that penalty, it shows clearly how the order to the arbiters is to open the way for Brazil and any other big team, to the finals.

Tomorrow is Round 2:

Dejong-alonso.gif
Everytime I see this I cry a bit on the inside. De Jong (mobile spell check.....), while frequently brilliant, also is a destroyer that reduces my idealized love of Netherlands football that finally crystallized in that moment. As a young boy just getting into intl football and finding bergkamp and then later van nistelrooy, de jong shattered some of the illusion I held about Dutch play. Still, the Dutch and arsenal hold large sway in heart for the beginning of a love for football/soccer. All thanks to a beanie brought home by my father when he visited London many, many years ago.

EDIT: Mobile keyboard spell check makes these posts fun sometimes

Caode

It was never a penalty, and a draw would've been a fair result.. but I couldn't ask for a better start to the World Cup.

10476024_10154297376600206_2163551762524857258_n.jpg

Big-E

Real shame that the first game had so much focus on the officiating. Hope this tournament doesn't continue like this as it will tarnish the whole WC like everyone only remember the horseshit bribery in 2002.

Not the most enjoyable game, especially the peno decision. Lots of casual fans were basically convinced that this is how all soccer games are, with all the diving and the rolling around. So that was lame.

But there were glimpses of skill from both teams that I enjoyed. Croatia were very strong, more than I was expecting. On to the next one!

Horseress

Anyway, we won, the penalty was a mess but we would won anyway, Oscar was great today. Croatia is as strong as I thought they would be, 2nd place for sure

Can't wait for tomorrow,

Croatia manager unsurprisingly not pleased with the ref based on his post match quotes.
Just said that, if that's what the World Cup will be about, they might as well pack up and go home. Poor guy.

It must be so hard for the players to resist the temptation to just punch those corrupt refs in their fucking faces at times.

$200

Banned
Anyway, we won, the penalty was a mess but we would won anyway, Oscar was great today. Croatia is as strong as I thought they would be, 2nd place for sure

Can't wait for tomorrow,
I still think Mexico will finish second. They've already gone 5 times in a row of finishing in the top 16.

Mully

Sloppy game. Croatia has had talent the past 10 years, but they've never been able to put it together. Brazil looks a little weak in the back.

Just said that, if that's what the World Cup will be about, they might as well pack up and go home. Poor guy.

It must be so hard for the players to resist the temptation to just punch those corrupt refs in their fucking faces at times.

Today's ref has a pretty punchable face too. Very hard to resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom