• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Although I thought Brazil were slightly better overall their defense was very suspect and they were opened up a number of times - a draw would probably have been the most equitable outcome. That dive wasn't even a good dive so it is simply mind boggling the ref fell for it. If that is the precedent set in the first game I am not looking forward to an entire WC of attackers going down like they've been shot in the penalty area.

The Croatian keeper - WTF? A good keeper saves all three of those shots. An average keeper probably gets two of them. My under 10 team's goalie gets probably one of them. I mean, just, ugh...

I thought Neymar had a poor game with giving the ball away constantly in efforts that didn't put the defense under any pressure. His touch was bad and he didn't look that threatening. His two goals were both poorly struck shots (and one was obviously a gift) and should have been saved.

Oscar was by far the MOTM for Brazil. However, I think Modric outclassed everyone in this particular match...just too fast, clever and controlled for the Brazlians to contain. Impressive.

Tugatrix

7dX6cXcl.jpg

giphy.gif

Although I thought Brazil were slightly better overall their defense was very suspect and they were opened up a number of times - a draw would probably have been the most equitable outcome. That dive wasn't even a good dive so it is simply mind boggling the ref fell for it. If that is the precedent set in the first game I am not looking forward to an entire WC of attackers going down like they've been shot in the penalty area.

The Croatian keeper - WTF? A good keeper saves all three of those shots. An average keeper probably gets two of them. My under 10 team's goalie gets probably one of them. I mean, just, ugh...

I thought Neymar had a poor game with giving the ball away constantly in efforts that didn't put the defense under any pressure. His touch was bad and he didn't look that threatening. His two goals were both poorly struck shots (and one was obviously a gift) and should have been saved.

Oscar was by far the MOTM for Brazil. However, I think Modric outclassed everyone in this particular match...just too fast, clever and controlled for the Brazlians to contain. Impressive.
Going for what you have written, anyone would say Croatia won. Worst analysis ever. Dat Neymar hate.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Going for what you have written, anyone would say Croatia won. Worst analysis ever. Dat Neymar hate.

I'm a Barca fan and like Neymar....doesn't excuse his poor game though. My description was sort of there to offset the media "NEYMAR MOTM!!!" nonsense going on. Oscar was far better in this one. Neymar was sort of midpack overall for his team.

Man, they really should review penalties in the box. Could be done very quickly...word could be sent down in less time than it takes to set the kick up.

I would just like to chime in and say that I don't blame the referee too much. The problem is the lack of video replays available. Refereeing is hard. Shit like this will continue to happen until the conservative old fucks at FIFA get their heads out of their asses.

ATF487

I would just like to chime in and say that I don't blame the referee too much. The problem is the lack of video replays available. Refereeing is hard. Shit like this will continue to happen until the conservative old fucks at FIFA get their heads out of their asses.

He was poor even by normal football standards, though.

Horseress

I don't know the story behind this guy and this scene, but don't put all the blame on the police here. There were some pacific protests, but there were A LOT of people destroying cars, breaking windows of establishments, causing a incredible mess all around and becoming as stupid and as wrong as the people they are protesting against.

alterno69

Banned
Man if FIFA gives the 2022 World Cup to the US it would be the most amazing thing ever. I could go there with my two kids who by that time will be 10 and 15, i live in Mexico so it would be a no brainer, Brasil was a little too expensive for me at the time.

Mission

Now that I've checked the OP... is there anywhere to replay the opening ceremonies? They were blocked at work. Thank goodness the game wasn't.

I'm worried the stadiums are going to fall apart and kill some spectators

If it's of any consolation, todays Stadium is the only one that was not really finished.
The work was stopped twice due to fatal accidents on the construction site.

I had no idea there were missing seats tho...

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That game sums up why I stopped watching Football years ago. I still like to watch the World Cup but that first game was everything I hate about the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom