• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvero

Banned
Oh yes, I want those salty Mexican tears when they lose.

KuGsj.gif
zWVbK.gif

probably right :(

bjaelke

Was momentarily surprised to see that Fred scored me 8 points in the fantasy league - one for each time he touched the ball. Then I realized that I had made him captain and he was only on 4
wtzgU.gif

im4Txcu.gif

Jackson

Brazil scores 4 goals tonight and people think Croatia has a legit chance in this cup?

They're good yes, but they're not tier 1 good. Even with Mandzukic back (who isn't even Bayren's superstar.) Croatia will be fortunate to get out of their group.

And that was massive keeper interference. He didn't go vertical with the keeper after the ball, his body was angled into the keeper. He stopped him from legitimately catching that ball. Great call. Also he blew the whistle way before the shot, Brazil's defense stopped playing.

Lucky own goal was their only goal. The flop was bad, but if you remove those two it's still 2-0. Heck add the keeper interference and it's still 2-1

Also Brazil never cares about defense. They just see how much you score then score an extra 3-5 goals lol. That's their style.

Brazil scores 4 goals tonight and people think Croatia has a legit chance in this cup?

They're good yes, but they're not tier 1 good. Even with Mandzukic back (who isn't even Bayren's superstar.) Croatia will be fortunate to get out of their group.

Also that was massive keeper interference. He didn't go vertical with the keeper after the ball, his body was angled into the keeper. Great call. Also he blew the whistle way before the shot, Brazil's defense stopped playing.

Lucky own goal was their only goal. The flop was bad, but if you remove those two it's still 2-0. Heck add the keeper interference and it's still 2-1

Also Brazil never cares about defense. They just see how much you score then score an extra 3-5 goals lol. That's their style.

Croatia's chance of getting out of the group is a dozen times greater than Brazil's chance of winning the cup given the 2 ludicrous decisions they needed to scrape the win. Massive interference my arse. He hasn't jumped into him, he hasn't foregone an attempt to win the ball in order to obstruct him. He's stood his ground and jumped for a decent header, as ex-QPR-reserve and apparent fast-food addict Cesar let the ball slip straight between his hands like an impersonation of a Quidditch goalpost.

And to the point of Brazil's defense stopping, Luiz carried on as normal, and the ball rebounded to another player who'd carried on as normal. Silva is the only relevant player who stopped, and even then the ball was placed well beyond his reach even if he'd tried blocking it.

Brazil won because of 2 people. The referee, and Croatia's goalkeeper. Guess we know where the £9m went that was supposed to be spent on that embarassment of an opening ceremony though, so mystery solved on that front.

jtb

Banned
Brazil's gone out at the quarters last two cups, didn't see anything in the opener to suggest they'll go any further this time around either—with or without home cooking.

Arjen

I'm already nervous for tonight. I have no clue how this team will hold up against Spain.
But i put my faith in the almighty LvG

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Based on what I put on kick tip

Mexico 1 - 0 Cameroon
Spain 1 - 1 Netherlands
Chile 2 - 0 Australia

I got my 3-1 prediction for last night at least, that'll probably be the only one so we can assume these will not be the scores.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

If we remove the dive then the game stays 1-1 and is completely different. It only ended 3-1 becase Croatia got caught on the break pushing hard for a goal. Until the penalty Brazil were doing nothing in the second half, Croatia were comfortable.

That said Pletikosa gave a terrible performance and should have saved all 3 goals anyway. Any decent keeper who gets his hands on Neymar's spot kick like that should never let it go in.

leroidys

So I don't give a shit about who "deserves to win" whatever game, because such a thing has no (and has never had) any sort of bearing on football.

Also, accusations of "corruption" will happen any game, and it's fruitless for me as a spectator to bandy about such accusations with no proof.

However, if this is the level of absolute shit refereeing (whatever the cause) that we can expect from this tournmanet, I am not even going to bother with the world cup this year. Shameful game today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom