• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont worry, one of them will get knocked out by Brazil in the second round.
Hopefully both of them get out of the group, we all know Chile will jsut bend over against Brazil just like all non-European teams.

When's the last time Brazil lost to a non-European team in a WC? 1950?

Anyone else still feeling down because of the penalty yesterday? :/
I know right, hoping the bullshit calls in their favour end here. FIFA already gifted them a WC in 2002.

Kiraly

yellowcard.gif

You didnt see him? YOU BITCH!!!!!!!

Guess that Neymar cunt is still salty about Madrid's glorious La Decima LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

We need instant replay for penalty shouts IMO. At least at the biggest tournament in the world.

Never, pundits in the studio can never agree at times. Penalties are always open to interpretations. It will open refs up to a lot more criticism of their calls if they decide to let them review.

It isn't like the NFl where there isn't really any room for interpretations of the rules.

Shoogoo

lol so much hate in here already.

I'll be rooting for my brothers, despite the OT saying that they're supposedly our nemesis.

oranje.gif

Juicy Bob

Never, pundits in the studio can never agree at times. Penalties are always open to interpretations. It will open refs up to a lot more criticism of their calls if they decide to let them review.

It isn't like the NFl where there isn't really any room for interpretations of the rules.
True. I suppose that while you can never get every single decision right 100% of the time, even with multiple replays from various angles, it might at least help to avoid obvious undeserved penalties like last night.

Everyone rips on football referees, but they only get to see it once in real time, whereas we get to see it in slow mo, multiple times from multiple angles.

True. I suppose that while you can never get every single decision right 100% of the time, even with multiple replays from various angles, it might at least help to avoid obvious undeserved penalties like last night.

Everyone rips on football referees, but they only get to see it once in real time, whereas we get to see it in slow mo, multiple times from multiple angles.

Yeah they do a really good job. Very rarely at the biggest level are refs truly incompetent.
As an Italian I fully believe the SK 2002 ref was bribed. His calls were all atrocious and he was later suspended from his federation for making up ten minutes of injury team in a game so a team could score. Plus he then got done for coke.

CassSept

Well, that was a fine match to watch imo despite the colossal blunder of the referee. Especially first half was quite exciting, Croatia really played some great football.

To hell with that, Netherlands start today, let's go!

Juicy Bob

Yeah they do a really good job. Very rarely at the biggest level are refs truly incompetent.
As an Italian I fully believe the SK 2002 ref was bribed. His calls were all atrocious and he was later suspended from his federation for making up ten minutes of injury team in a game so a team could score. Plus he then got done for coke.
Yeah, that was blatantly crooked.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
My money is on 2-1. Sneijder to pass to vPersie for the opening goal, Villa and Fabregas will destroy any Dutch hopes.

Giving the referees the tools to do a much better job will open them up to more criticism!

9PGMuDs.gif

what is the definition of a penalty????

If the ref had reviewed it last night and decided it was still a penalty then he opens himself up to much more criticism and people accusing him of favouring one side over another.

Pundits can't agree, ex refs cant agree and fans cant agree. they can't agree when they see it for 15 minutes. The ref then has to review the call in i am guessing a very small timeframe with thousands in the stadium and millions watching on tv. The pressure knowing that everyone is waiting for your decision could create self-doubt, which is a trait I don't want in refs.

caesar

Banned
Yeah, I am not looking forward to that. The weather conditions were always gonna be a fact, but now the pitch could completely kill any type of spectacle.

Yeah, I don't really mind too much if we don't win anyway. The only thing worse than England getting knocked out in the groups for me is them winning the whole thing when I'm in a different country! May have to fly home ha

Yeah, I don't really mind too much if we don't win anyway. The only thing worse than England getting knocked out in the groups for me is them winning the whole thing when I'm in a different country! May have to fly home ha

Don't worry, you won't have to worry about flying home :)

Linius

Fuck the Netherlands. I don't want Spain to win the WC but fuck the Oranges.

Fuck Robben and fuck everybody else.

Also yesterday's ref was a big pile of shit. Way to start the tournament with a bribed ref.

YES PANTY GIVE ME THE LOVE <3

I was hoping to meet Spain online in FIFA 14 just now, but instead I met The Netherlands. But it turned out in the one of the most epic games I've played online :lol

jsTi6J2YhkCAI.bmp

we got this

neorej

ERMYGERD!
YES PANTY GIVE ME THE LOVE <3

I was hoping to meet Spain online in FIFA 14 just now, but instead I met The Netherlands. But it turned out in the one of the most epic games I've played online :lol

jsTi6J2YhkCAI.bmp

we got this

It's good to know we stand a chance if we come to face ourselves.

kitch9

Banned
Anyone else still feeling down because of the penalty yesterday? :/

A Brazil player deliberately elbows the opposition in the mush...... Nothing.
A Croatia player accidentally tickles the opposition by brushing his hand lightly on his shirt in the box...... PENALTY!!! Card!!!

Seriously, the World Cup can fuck off if thats what the officiating is going to be like, I can't be arsed with all the bollocks. Seriously, the first fucking match.

kitch9

Banned

Rugby went from a piece of shit game where most of it was the officials guessing to now the officials making an informed decision and most games feeling like the team who won, actually won the match.

Big decisions like red cards, penalties and disallowed goals should definitely be reviewed as the whistle has been blown anyway.

WriterGK

Someone has to stop Spain, doesn't matter who it is. Hopefully we Dutchies and Chilli go through through the next round. Some dutch coaches and former players say maybe this Spain is like Fc Barcelona ''over the hill'' and they lack the motivation to yet WIN another price/tournament. That could really be a big plus for the other 31 countries :)

norinrad

I was looking at our line-up in '98 just now. What happened to Dutch football? Goddamn.

Spain is playing AZ tonight, i can tell you that much. We went down this shitty path at the beginning of 2011. Its been downhill since then. It won't even bother me if they lose today. Not a big deal at all with such a weak team. We are going to park the bus. 5 defenders wtf. lol

Linius

Spain is playing AZ tonight, i can tell you that much. We went down this shitty path at the beginning of 2011. Its been downhill since then. It won't even bother me if they lose today. Not a big deal at all with such a weak team. We are going to park the bus. 5 defenders wtf. lol

On paper maybe, but in reality Blind and Janmaat are more wingers than pure defenders. We'll probably pressure Spain and attack mostly from counters. But no way it's gonna look anything like Mourinho/Chelsea tactics.

Huh betting on the Netherlands tonight can net you 5.3 times your money. Sure Spain are the favorites but isn't that a tad much...

Tempting really, which is the idea I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom