• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessiej

1-1 tonight

After that Holland will draw 0-0 and lose 1-3 against chili so we are still out of the group. But hey, no loss tonight.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Let me check my predictions for tonight.

MEX 2 - 1 CMR
ESP 3 - 1 NED
CHI 2 - 0 AUS

I still secretly hope my dutch brothers can pull it off.

lol at marca.com

1402569047_3.jpg

WriterGK

Hopes:

Mexico -Cameroon- 1-0
Spain- Netherlands 1-2
Chili- Australia 1-1

Reality:

Mexico- Cameroon 1-1
Spain- Netherlands 2-1
Chili- Australia 2-1

Danielsan

I will say this. If they somehow pull it off to beat Spain tonight then the severely lacking World Cup craze in The Netherlands this year might get the much needed boost.

Australia will defeat chile 2-1. Aussies to get a late winner from Adam Taggert.

The Chilean coach has hinted at Vidal starting but that was mind games, no way they will play him if they don't need to before Spain and nedtherlands.

Arjen

btw any dutch here get annoyed by the international use of Holland over Netherlands sometimes or are yall used to it?

Don't really care personally, Holland has a better ring to it honestly.
I have some family (Frisian) who will hate your guts forever if you call it Holland though.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I will say this. If they somehow pull it off to beat Spain tonight then the severely lacking World Cup craze in The Netherlands this year might get the much needed boost.

Indeed. We need a win to get this WC hype into gear. I want to see this entire country turn orange again.

tbm24

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I don't care for it to be honest. It was a tad frustrating to explain to a couple of girls in the States that Holland is not next to Amsterdam, that The Netherlands is the same as Holland, and that weed is as legal in The Hague as it is in Amsterdam. Owh and that Dutch is not German.

Linius

I've always just known it as Holanda in Spanish. I don't know how I'd say Netherlands in Spanish, unless it's just suppose to be a direct translation but I've never heard it said that way.

Netherlands = Países Bajos. It's the literal translation of what 'De Nederlanden' means, the low countries.

WriterGK

Yeah no offence to the Aussies but you are her as we Hollanders say ''voor spek and bonen'' which means something like just be glad that you are here because you don't stand a chance. But I am glad our Southern Neighbours are finally in the world cup as well after 12 years. I expect Belgium to at least make the next round and then lose against Fc Ronaldo or Germany.

Firemind

then where the hell did the word dutch come from?

it's kind of an annoying word to be honest.

like going dutch. or dubble dutch.

WriterGK

To be honest. I just hope we dont give away to many corners. Because that Sergio Ramos is like the best aerial threat player in the world right now. He is the on who really got Real La Decima and not CR7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom