• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

To be honest. I just hope we dont give away to many corners. Because that Sergio Ramos is like the best aerial threat player in the world right now. He is the on who really got Real La Decima and not CR7.
It's a bit hyperbolic to call Ramos the best aerial threat player in the world after a few important goals in a short span of time.

pulga

Banned
Any match-predicting animals yet?

ive each countries flag set up on my table, divided by match-up, and what i do is i drop my pants and the winner is decided by whichever country my cock slaps as it falls

sadly, my shaft slants to the left so the home team always wins
wtzgU.gif

I hope Torres plays the whole 90 minutes, then we got one less player to worry about :) =)

I'd rather have Torres at full stamina in the second half, his speed could make a difference.

I don't want to start a battle about Torres (I'm pro Torres) but tl;dr: Spain doesn't need a striker

Arrived late but wth right?

- Croatia goalie was awful. If I let hyperbolic GAF side of the force take over myself, I would say this man was bought.

- Dani Fashion and Marcelol will be the ones in charge of Brasil downfall.

- Players are too far away from each other. Croatia easily strolled around Brazillian field through the whole game.

- Fred is a fucking flop, a joke that plays for a club that escaped from being demoted to the second divison several times thanks to the brazilian sports court. Small player from a dirty club. Congrats to his agent or whoever that put him on the team. That penalty summarizes what Brazilian football have of the most rotten.

- Oscar and Neymar surely will grow up during the tournament. Unfortunately they don't have enough skilled players to support them.

- I still can't have any peace in my mind knowing that Miranda wasn't called.

pulga

Banned
To be honest. I just hope we dont give away to many corners. Because that Sergio Ramos is like the best aerial threat player in the world right now. He is the on who really got Real La Decima and not CR7.

While Ramos is indeed a beast and an absolute legend at this point, lets not downplay Ronaldo's contribution. 17 goals in 12 games. You do realize that's a record, right?

It's a bit hyperbolic to call Ramos the best aerial threat player in the world after a few important goals in a short span of time.

But he is. The original post said 'right now'. 7 goals in 6 games or something, almost all with his head.

While Ramos is indeed a beast and an absolute legend at this point, lets not downplay Ronaldo's contribution. 17 goals in 12 games. You do realize that's a record, right?

Ramos is in much better shape than Cristiano Ronaldo, plus Ramos gave Real Madrid much more than Ronaldo lately.

WriterGK

I do realize that, sure. But a lot of them are not the winning goal or the equalizer. He is indeed fantastic with something like 250 goals in 242 matches for Real Madrid but in the really big matches he doesn't always make the most important goals. I am exicted to see how he and Portugal will do against Germany , USA and Ghana.

pulga

Banned
Ramos is in much better shape than Cristiano Ronaldo, plus Ramos gave Real Madrid much more than Ronaldo lately.

Lol no. Ronaldo is both league and CL top scorer. Like I said, Ramos is a beast and a big part of why we won this season, but it's baffling how people are downplaying Cristiano just because he didn't show up in the final until the penalty. Maybe some people don't realize he was injured during it.

I do realize that, sure. But a lot of them are not the winning goal or the equalizer. He is indeed fantastic with something like 250 goals in 242 matches for Real Madrid but in the really big matches he doesn't always make the most important goals. I am exicted to see how he and Portugal will do against Germany , USA and Ghana.

I wonder if people who say this actually watch Madrid's games. Ronaldo also has the record for most matches scored in a row against Barcelona, for example.

and why do they have to be the winning goal or the equalizer? Isn't scoring the first goal important too?

Salvadora

But he is. The original post said 'right now'. 7 goals in 6 games or something, almost all with his head.
I'm just saying, takes a prolonged period of time at tip top form to be considered the best.

You wouldn't call Olivier Giroud the best after a couple of goals.

Lol no. Ronaldo is both league and CL top scorer. Like I said, Ramos is a beast and a big part of why we won this season, but it's baffling how people are downplaying Cristiano just because he didn't show up in the final until the penalty. Maybe some people don't realize he was injured during it.

I'm not downplaying Ronaldo's season, I'm just saying, right now, Ramos is in a much better situation, confidence, stamina, strenght, health.

imo, Ramos is right now the best defender in the world. and no, I'm not a Real Madrid supporter

pulga

Banned
I'm not downplaying Ronaldo's season, I'm just saying, right now, Ramos is in a much better situation, confidence, stamina, strenght, health.

imo, Ramos is right now the best defender in the world. and no, I'm not a Real Madrid supporter

well, yeah, Ronaldo's been carrying an injury ever since the Dortmund leg, so of course Ramos is in better shape, but this is not the argument we're having.

but I do agree that Ramos is da best right now <3

I wonder if people who say this actually watch Madrid's games. Ronaldo also has the record for most matches scored in a row against Barcelona, for example.

and why do they have to be the winning goal or the equalizer? Isn't scoring the first goal important too?

He wasn't himself in the final he wasn't picking up the ball and running with it, he was just going through the motions and playing like someone who wasn't 100%.

Anyone that thinks he isn't THE top player rights now for that reason alone is a huge Messi fan.

well, yeah, Ronaldo's been carrying an injury ever since the Dortmund leg, so of course Ramos is in better shape, but this is not the argument we're having.

but I do agree that Ramos is da best right now <3

I have to say, imo this has been the worse season of Ronaldo since he signed for Real Madrid, I have the feeling Bale stole some of his lightning

WriterGK

I have to say, imo this has been the worse season of Ronaldo since he signed for Real Madrid, I have the feeling Bale stole some of his lightning

I do indeed don't watch the Real matches except for the Champions League ones. But from what I heard the people who do watch La Liga and support Real think Bale is useless and doesnt get the playing style. Even tough he scored like 21 goals and had 19 assists last season.

I do indeed don't watch the Real matches except for the Champions League ones. But from what I heard the people who do watch La Liga and support Real think Bale is useless and doesnt get the playing style. Even tough he scored like 21 goals and had 19 assists last season.

many people still think Bale isn't worth the crazy amount of money Real Madrid paid for him, that's the big deal with Bale

Cristiano scored minimum 1 goal per game before his hamstring started to nag him last season and did was the top goal scorer during the CL.

Granted his current tendonitis slows him down shortening his speed but this has caused him (IMO) to be more ''team'' oriented and create opportunities for his team mates with more assists and creating more rebounds

Mesousa

Banned
Wtf is up with all you people picking Mexico over Cameroon? Jean Makoun will be the best player on the pitch by far.

Cameroon will win this by more than 2 goals. You heard it here.

I'm not remotely excited for the England game it's got 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 written all over it.

We need pace against Italy but I'm not sure Woy will set us up lik that, I get the feeling he would be happy with a draw. Actually so would I if we weren't playing Uraguay next.

Santiako

Predictions for today:

Mexico 2-1 Cameroon
Spain 1-0 Netherlands
Chile 3-0 Australia

I won't be able to watch Mexico-Cameroon, but the other two I won't miss.

WriterGK

Only 6 hours and 45 minutes before we play Spain. How do I kill so much spare time? Working on my bachelor thesis a bit but besides that dont know what to do. Thinking about doing some running and playing some games and watch tv shows like Killing USA and Person of Interest :)

pulga

Banned
I'm just saying, takes a prolonged period of time at tip top form to be considered the best.

You wouldn't call Olivier Giroud the best after a couple of goals.

breh I wouldnt call Olivier Giroud the best after a dozen beers, a bottle of Jager, a joint or two and a feckin acid drop

Hoo-doo

Banned
Only 6 hours and 45 minutes before we play Spain. How do I kill so much spare time? Working on my bachelor thesis a bit but besides that dont know what to do. Thinking about doing some running and playing some games and watch tv shows like Killing USA and Person of Interest :)

I'm getting my shit slapped replaying Demon's Souls. Fitting, seeing as we are going to get our collective shit slapped later by the spanish.

There's always that glimmer of hope though.

Lach

After tipping the correct result yesterday, here are my predictions for today:

Mexico-Cameroon: 0-1
Spain-Holland: 1-1
Chile-Aussie's: 3-0

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I'm not remotely excited for the England game it's got 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 written all over it.

We need pace against Italy but I'm not sure Woy will set us up lik that, I get the feeling he would be happy with a draw. Actually so would I if we weren't playing Uraguay next.

england's strength will come from the attacking options on the bench. while many of them have the kind of jack russell mentality which can't hold out for anything close to 90 minutes and will 70% (90% if wilshere) of the time lead to a net loss in terms of possession, they are pretty well suited for finding a hole in a leggy defence who wasted all their energy in the last hour believing that rooney can perform at a tournament level in a swamp.

capitalising on that hole is another thing. depends on which sturridge turns up i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom