• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaussTek

I didn't watch the first half, what did I miss?

Two robbed goals:

BqBkCj9CcAE77N0.png:large

lol

VAMOS MEXICO, you can do it!!

survivor

Banned
Mexico getting robbed of goals pretty hard in first half. They deserve to win this game and it would suck if they end up in a draw or lose.

Daemul

Dumb question, is ESPN not available in the UK, or is ITV the exclusive station for the WC there?

Nah, we have ESPN, but it's a premium channel. The World Cup in the UK is required by law to be broadcast to the public for free, hence ITV and BBC have the rights.

Dumb question, is ESPN not available in the UK, or is ITV the exclusive station for the WC there?

There is an ESPN channel but you have to pay for it. Big sporting events in the UK legally have to be shown on channels which are free to receive. The past few world cups have been split between the BBC & ITV equally and so will the next two.

Edit: Beaten like USA's bid for 2022.

andycapps

ITV and BBC have the rights in the UK

BBC's sports coverage is awesome, from what I've seen in the US. ESPN's soccer/football coverage is typically pretty great for the WC and has been pretty great so far. I can only listen to it at work right now, but ESPN radio is pretty good. I saw an ITV station on TuneIn as well and listened to it for a few minutes.

The Jesse Pinkman ad is the most annoying at the moment.
GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO YOU CHICKEN FAT

Jburton

Banned
BBC's sports coverage is awesome, from what I've seen in the US. ESPN's soccer/football coverage is typically pretty great for the WC and has been pretty great so far. I can only listen to it at work right now, but ESPN radio is pretty good. I saw an ITV station on TuneIn as well and listened to it for a few minutes.

Nobody beats the BBC for football (although Football Italia on Channel 4 in the 90's was GOAT).

the first disallowed goal was i think wrong the other two (1 for Cameroon and 1 for Mexico) were absolutely correct. On another not those two guys on ESPN are pissing me off, ESPN should know that if want a panel you should atleast have two neutral perspectives and one biased not one neutral and two biased.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

BBC's is great, if it were up to me I'd give it all to them, might give ITV a kick up the arse to improve their shitty pundetry.

At least they're getting Spain vs Netherlands today.

Nothing beats Sky's though.

andycapps

the first disallowed goal was i think wrong the other two (1 for Cameroon and 1 for Mexico) were absolutely correct. On another not those two guys on ESPN are pissing me off, ESPN should know that if want a panel you should atleast have two neutral perspectives and one biased not one neutral and two biased.

I'm guessing it was skewed towards Mexico? I had ESPN radio on which doesn't have Ian Darke.

Just stopping by to show some support for Mexico! This is the first WC that I don't watch with my family sitting around the tv. Feels strange, but still... viva Mexico Cabrones!

Also, Fuck the refs so far.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member

What? The second was not offside. Even clearer than the first one.

Jburton

Banned
BBC's is great, if it were up to me I'd give it all to them, might give ITV a kick up the arse to improve their shitty pundetry.

At least they're getting Spain vs Netherlands today.

Nothing beats Sky's though.

Please Sky blow, with Gary "I must hate on United hard to prove I'm not biased" Neville to Jamie "scouse is a speech impediment" Carragher.

Andy Gray and Richard Keyes were dicks but still better than the current lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom