• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horseress

guys guys, HE just arrived

BpuaZplIQAAzOaA.jpg:large

Ezalc

Can't wait for Brazil to win this totally bought World Cup. At least the matches will be interesting to watch.

Here's rooting for Germany, Japan and the Netherlands though.

Horseress

Can't wait for Brazil to win this totally bought World Cup. At least the matches will be interesting to watch.

Here's rooting for Germany, Japan and the Netherlands though.

oh yeah, Brazil, the richest nation in the planet, bought the WC

real talk man, don't waste time thinking about conspiracy theoryes and just enjoy the matches, they'll all be awesome I promise ;D

that's a hilarious pic. i would love to see messi winning the world cup but his team is not great. i'm rooting for them but we will see.

If Argentina isn't a good team in your book, you basically have an impossible standards. There are maybe four other teams in the world on their level. Maybe.

skynidas

Banned
If Argentina isn't a good team in your book, you basically have an impossible standards. There are maybe four other teams in the world on their level. Maybe.

we'll see. their defense is super weak, they can get destroyed by a team with a good offense and middle.

the team i'm rooting for the most is Spain since i'm from here, but i don't see them winning either.

Ezalc

oh yeah, Brazil, the richest nation in the planet, bought the WC

real talk man, don't waste time thinking about conspiracy theoryes and just enjoy the matches, they'll all be awesome I promise ;D

Some good optimism you got there.

Oh I will, nothing wrong with seeing reality though.

we'll see. their defense is super weak, they can get destroyed by a team with a good offense and middle.

the team i'm rooting for the most is Spain since i'm from here, but i don't see them winning either.

They have insanely good defensive midfielders, a great goalie, and arguably the best attackers in the Cup. Zabaleta is a fine defensive back. There are some questions with the rest of the back line.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
To be fair, England hasn't factored into the World Cup for 48 years. I doubt any Gaffers were even alive when their team mattered. Fueled by an excellent domestic league, made up of foreign stars, a large portion of the fanbase is delusional in their expectations for the national squad.

There's an entire chapter in the book, Soccernomics, that makes a very convincing case that England actually overachieves just by making it out of the first round. Sounds about right and it's in keeping with historical trends.

The USA knows exactly where it stands on the football front. We'll sometimes surprise a few top teams, but we're a second-tier squad.

Never forget.

Here's to hoping the tabloids rise to the challenge again this time around

Santiako

They have insanely good defensive midfielders, a great goalie, and arguably the best attackers in the Cup. Zabaleta is a fine defensive back. There are some questions with the rest of the back line.

Did you just call Romero a great goalie? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wilbur

Banned

Argentina's best keeper isn't even at the World Cup

Santiako

how do you guys decide who to root for if your home team either A) has no chance of winning or B) gets eliminated early?

For me it's easy, if Argentina gets eliminated I root for Spain (I live there), if both get out I always root for the smaller team or for whoever is playing against Brazil.

Acorn

how do you guys decide who to root for if your home team either A) has no chance of winning or B) gets eliminated early?
Mine hasn't qualified since 98. But I'm half Italian (Father is Italian and mother half Italian) so I root for them.

Other than that I favour small entertaining nations like Ghana or Chile.

Did you just call Romero a great goalie? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What is this i'm reading.

Argentina's best keeper isn't even at the World Cup

I really thought Carrizo was on the roster. Oh my.
River Plate for life!

Ummm, maybe Orión will see action.

Root for your home country until they're eliminated, then pull for underdogs the rest of the way through.

I root for the USA (birthplace and where I live) and Argentina (where I grew up for over 12 years). If those teams face each other, my household becomes divided. I pull for the US and the wife dons her Messi jersey.

We play without a goalkeeper man.

Honestly, I thought Carrizo was on the team. I stopped following the qualifiers last year and assumed he would be added.

This is some Landon Donovan type garbage.

My heathen wife is a huge Boca Juniors fan, so she'll be hoping for Orión to get on the pitch.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Honestly, I thought Carrizo was on the team. I stopped following the qualifiers last year and assumed he would be added.

This is some Landon Donovan type garbage.

My heathen wife is a huge Boca Juniors fan, so she'll be hoping for Orión to get on the pitch.

What are you talking about? Carrizo is shit, even worse than not having a goalkeeper. Good thing we have the best offensive players on the planet though.

East Lake

Personally I'm pulling for Uruguay when the US goes down. I like their president and Luis Suarez won me over with some masterful trolling last world cup.

Herr K

Banned
Vamos Charrúaaaas!

With the recent development of events, I am forced to stop my support for Germany, as Reus is not in. Now I firmly believe either Uruguay or Italy will win this.

Fuck Neymar

Cheers, lads. Footy is upon us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom