• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

This is the best midfield talent that Korea has ever had, but the back four is comically bad.

So that sort of evens itself out. :|

gloomy

Neo Member
Korea, Germany, Argentina, Ecuador, Uruguay, Japan, Netherlands, Cameroon.

The teams from each group I'm rooting for.

I watched Korea play today against Ghana and they were awful. It will be sad when we fail to beat them :(

The defense as expected is really bad. The worrying thing for them is that their captain Koo has been horrible. He plays behind the striker and seriously lacks creativity. The options to replace him are Ji Dong Wong (Hixx's favorite player) and Kim Bo Kyung (cardiff). Kim hasn't particularly been great for the national team and he struggled to make the same impact for Cardiff in the PL as he did last season in the Championship. Everyone knows the striker situation for them is horrible.

Ki should be at his best, but he just came back from his April injury and doesn't look 100%.

Korea can't score right now and they defend like they always do, shitty.

Here's a great article about Japan. A large amount of detail and it's incredibly accurate save for 1 minor error.
http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2014/06/depth-japan-world-cup/

bjaelke

lKI3Lyt.jpg

xbhaskarx

Who has high hopes for Uruguay, Holland, or England? At most two are getting out of the group stage, but it will almost certainly be only one, and they'll be done soon after. I'd also remove Ivory Coast from the dark horses...

Godan

Yeah was thinking this could be Germany's year but with the recent developments with injuries and stuff I think they may only get to a semi final.

I think a good outside bet to win it might be Portugal if Ronaldo can stay fully fit and be at his best I think they have a good enough team to support him to carry them.

zsidane

I watched Korea play today against Ghana and they were awful. It will be sad when we fail to beat them :(

That was like my great morning news!
Hope we'll be able to beat the crap out of you too :p (If you play like you played with morocco, it shouldn't be an issue!)

Number45

lol at England on that chart, They fall in all categories...
We have no hope, yet a large part of the population will be momentously disappointed if we don't win it.

I have no idea why we're in dark horses though. That suggests an unknown threat, and we're neither of those things.

Who has high hopes for Uruguay, Holland, or England? At most two are getting out of the group stage, but it will almost certainly be only one, and they'll be done soon after. I'd also remove Ivory Coast from the dark horses...

England? It is an image created by an English website after all. Putting all hopes on a disappointing national team is an English pastime, which is precisely why they're in the dark horse, no nope and high hope categories.

Mac_Lane

Love how us Frenchmen are both in the No Hope and High Hopes areas.

Our team doesn't know half measure: either it fails spectacularly (2002, 2010) or it goes really far (semi-finals in the 1980s, win in 1998, final in 2006...)

But the main objective right now is just getting past the first round. After that we'll see. But I'd love us to knock zee Germans out in the quarter-finals, that would be a sweet revenge for that infamous 1982 game.

FootballFan

They have insanely good defensive midfielders, a great goalie, and arguably the best attackers in the Cup. Zabaleta is a fine defensive back. There are some questions with the rest of the back line.

Romero is worse than pinto..

Can't believe willy doesn't get used for argentina. Smh

Which country plays the "right" way.

That would be gli Azzurri. We play to win, which is the only thing that matters. It ain't about making neutrals fall in love with you or showing heart. The only thing that matters and taking the trophy back to your homeland.

Cormano

magic spray paint is awesome. I remember first seeing it in the mls and going "well shit, why doesn't the premier league and WC use this"

Argentina & México have been using this spray for years now, I'm surprised that European leagues havent started using this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom