• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

depressing as fuck that i'll be at work while most the games are going on

anyways, let's go Germany!

Untitled.png

Holy shit!!!

I've gone for: Chile, France, Belgium & Argentina to all win their opening games. 4/1

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I played through the whole tournament in Fifa, with some stand ins for some countries that have no national team in the game. Anyway, my friend and said we'll bet 10€ on the 2 teams in the final for the real world cup winner. As far as the semi- finals, everything was fine since I was expecting Argentina and Italy to go through...

but then, the semi finals resulted in Croatia and USA for the finals, lol. Go, Croatia and USA! Win me a 250:1 bet!

Opening games are legendary for bringing historic upsets against the giants of football.

Cameroon beat champions Argentina in 1990.

Senegal beat Champions France in 2002.

Greece Beat Portugal in 2004 in their opening game and the finals of Euro 2004.

Switzerland beat Spain in South Africa 2010, who went on to become World Champions.

So who knows, Croatia might win tonight.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
The anticipation this time was a little slow in the build up but now that it's here I'm actually excited for tonight. BRING ON THE GAMES!

Clydefrog

i'll be at the USA - Portugal game too, guys :)

just have to pick up my ticket at the official FIFA ticketing centre in Manaus 2 days before gameday :eek:

I just checked the 2006 odds for curiosity's sake, and Brazil was even more bet favourite to win it than this time, 5/2 vs 3/1 (followed by England lols). There is still hope.

Acorn

i said the same thing as you 2+ years ago.

do it, dude.

but do you really want to go to Russia? I'm not sure where you live right now

edit: this was supposed to be a PM.
Good point RE:Russia, I'm british so I don't expect they'll be too welcoming. I just turned 27 and ideally I want to go before I'm late 30s/40 so my options are Russia and Qatar :/

Hopefully Qatar gets stripped of the tournament.

Wilbur

Banned
Good point RE:Russia, I'm british so I don't expect they'll be too welcoming. I just turned 27 and ideally I want to go before I'm late 30s/40 so my options are Russia and Qatar :/

Yeah a World Cup isn't looking feasible for us Brits to easily get to, but definitely gonna try and get tickets for the Euros in 2016

Clydefrog

I have room in my hotel :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom