• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoo-doo

Banned
EPSzghy.jpg

I'm very excited for every USA match just for the internet drama it brings with it.
The highs, the lows, the landon donovan goal @ WC 2010.

Good times.

caramac

Really looking forward to this, no doubt we'll see some great gifs on here. Thread tends to move quickly, might be an idea to have a stand alone WC gif thread.

Anyone else have any bets on?

I have the obligatory tenner on Brazil to win outright.
I also have a few quid on Aguero and Fred for top goal scorer, 10/1 and 20/1 respectively.

33/1 Di Maria player of the tournament, worth 2 quid!

USA to beat Ghana at 2/1 looks good too, as does France to make the quarters at 11/10.

Not putting any bets on as I want to root for the team I want to root for, and I find I end up wanting teams I don't like to win when there's money riding on them.

England if anything are too low at 25or28/1 imo, we have no chance. Should be closer to Ivory Coast than to Argentina.

Chile 7/2 to reach the quarter finals
Bosnia 10/3
Colombia 7/5
Belgium 6/5

Decent enough value in some of those if you were looking to put on a big enough bit of money.

I'm certainly.of the opinion Chile will get out of their group anyway, ahead of Holland.

Horseress

Not putting any bets on as I want to root for the team I want to root for, and I find I end up wanting teams I don't like to win when there's money riding on them.

England if anything are too low at 25or28/1 imo, we have no chance. Should be closer to Ivory Coast than to Argentina.

My thoughts precisely. That's why I don't like to bet on sports, football specially.

Hair cut, playing football, playing fifa, beers, food, opening ceremony, first game.

It's going to be a glorious day.

Chicken kievs and chips for dinner, shower and wash hair, bowl of cereal, 10 hour shift at work starting the very second the game kicks off.

I hate you, and I hate your life.

Chicken kievs and chips for dinner, shower and wash hair, bowl of cereal, 10 hour shift at work starting the very second the game kicks off.

I hate you, and I hate your life.

Out for lunch, hair cut, snack/beer shopping, quick kick around, home for the opening ceremony/talking shit in here.

Call in sick hitch

Out for lunch, hair cut, snack/beer shopping, quick kick around, home for the opening ceremony/talking shit in here.

Call in sick hitch

Too obvious to do it now, and the entire group of 15 I work with is kind of reliant on about 5 people, of which I'm one, and I'd feel bad leaving them in the lurch just to watch a non-Liverpool game :(

It's tomorrow's game that I'm really annoyed to be missing (second half at least)

Will anyone be watching the final on ITV if it's on BBC at the same time?

danwarb

This England team is solid enough and it's got real pace and goals in it now. Probably the best squad we've had in a while. I think they'll do alright in spite of the management. Quarters/semis is not too far-fetched. They won't be pushovers

This England team is solid enough and it's got real pace and goals in it now. Probably the best squad we've had in a while. I think they'll do alright in spite of the management. Quarters/semis is not too far-fetched. They won't be pushovers

That BBC opening and your avatar creep me the fuck out for some reason. So fucking strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom