• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Somewhere out there, Maradona is raging
personagens-itaquera-diegoribeiro4_1.jpg

Lach

Excited that it's starting. My two friends that don't care about football are dragging me along to cinema later but I should be at home for the match!

Just stuck on my set of bets for the tournament:

Spain to win (£5 at 5/1)
Croatia to qualify from their group (£6 at ~evens)
Chile to qualify from their group (£6 at ~evens)
Japan to qualify from their group (£6 at ~evens)
South Korea to qualify from their group (£4 at 6/4)
Chile to make the semis (£2 at 9/1)
Any European team to win (£5 at evens)

Getting hyped! This should be an amazing competition. Think tonight's match will be much closer than most seem to be expecting too.

norinrad

Uefa president Michel Platini says of Fifa counterpart Sepp Blatter: "I am supporting him no longer, it's finished."

from the BBC news ticker.

Who cares what the equally corrupt, scumbag Platini says? Did he enjoy his lunch with Sarkozy and the Qatari Minister?

Blatter the parasite has Asia, South/Central America and Africa/Mid-East votes in the bag.

Both man should be removed and far far away from football. What a bunch of despicable individuals.

Jarnet87

Watch South Korea's World Cup journey from 2002. Park Ji's wondergoal against Portugal, Jung Hwan's header to troll all of Italy.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Watch South Korea's World Cup journey from 2002, the feels unleashed. Park Ji's wondergoal against Portugal, Jung Hwan's header to troll all of Italy.

Ah yes, Guus Hiddink coaching.

Fun fact: I was born and grew up in the same town as Guus Hiddink.
During the 2002 WC the town saw a huge influx of south korean tourists who felt it necessary to come visit his birthplace.
It was crazy. A tiny dull town with around 6000 inhabitants suddenly becoming a hot tourist attraction for South Koreans. All wearing red, carrying cameras and most of them didn't speak english nor dutch.

We somehow organized a huge outside TV-display in the town centre where we all watched the last SK match together. Tons of South Korean supporters and a huge crowd of dutch football fans. It was awesome, but very weird.

Jarnet87

Really want to bet Italy vs England, just need to decide between England losing or managing a draw. We all know a win is not possible.

inky

Read a great article about the dude who officiated the match against Italy.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...eferee-ever/article19110587/?click=sf_globefb

There's no way they were not paid. Him and the ones who officiated the match against Spain, one of which I believe was an Egyptian referee.

Reading this only confirms that he only got into more serious shit later on. Probably a gambler from the beginning, or he owed big money to powerful people.

Those have been the most blatant examples I've seen of match fixing at the WC. But people, especially italians should get over it already. It's not like their local league has a clean record on the subject of match fixing.

There's no way they were not paid. Him and the ones who officiated the match against Spain, one of which I believe was an Egyptian referee.

Reading this only confirms that he only got into more serious shit later on. Probably a gambler from the beginning, or he owed big money to powerful people.

Those have been the most blatant examples I've seen of match fixing at the WC. But people, especially italians should get over it already. It's not like their local league has a clean record on the subject of match fixing.
That's what I think so too, yeah. And agreed that they should get over it since as others have noticed, the Italians have more than their fair share of gifts in previous WC.

inky

She will be there, trust me. Someone will have flown her in just to improve their TV ratings.

Not a joke.

Yup. Didn't she start to get sponsored caps not later on? I believe we will see her and more women like her. Never underestimate the power of tits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom