• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Bp883RUIYAA8YrO.jpg

Toronto for 3 months. Think he's moving to another MLS side after the World Cup.

Damn. Must be an age thing, 'cos I thought he was a decent keeper and someone in Europe migh've been in for him.

In a similar vein - Dida, Julio Cesar and Taffarel are the only Brazilian keepers I can name. Brazil don't seem to have many famous keepers over the years, compared to some other nations.

FIFA used Pele's face to sell soccer internationally (especially to the US), people think that Pele is a hero to Brazil but he has spent the last decades just being a FIFA corperate tool.

Garrincha is Brazil's true hero according to Brazilians and a symbol of adversity

Mobius 1

I missed half of the ceremony, but it didn't look too great. I wish they had not played it safe, and gone full-tilt Carnaval on the unsuspecting masses. That's what we do best, not the faux-Euro rubbish.

gutter_trash said:
Garrincha is Brazil's true hero according to Brazilians and a symbol of adversity

This is the absolute truth.

t0rment

To the brazilians here watching globo, what the FUCK was that live feed with the drunk mexican guys and girls. Omg that woman was completely out of her mind. I lost it at her screaming mexico mexico in the mic when everyone else was saying brazil. Lololol
ugh, i never wished that i had espn more :(
being poor sucks.

bishopp35

Pele is Brazil's face internationally but not locally. Brazilians think that he has sold out and gone full Fifa corporate.

We still respect him but he has a tendency to say some really stupid things from time to time.

Romario once said that when Pelé is quiet, he's a poet.

Mesousa

Banned
FIFA used Pele's face to sell soccer internationally (especially to the US), people think that Pele is a hero to Brazil but he has spent the last decades just being a FIFA corperate tool.

A drunk and wife beater is better than a corporate tool :(

Massa

Damn. Must be an age thing, 'cos I thought he was a decent keeper and someone in Europe migh've been in for him.

In a similar vein - Dida, Julio Cesar and Taffarel are the only Brazilian keepers I can name. Brazil don't seem to have many famous keepers over the years, compared to some other nations.

Brazilian keepers don't often get a chance to shine. :p

Acorn

We still respect him but he has a tendency to say some really stupid things from time to time.

Romario once said that when Pelé is quiet, he's a poet.

I missed half of the ceremony, but it didn't look too great. I wish they had not played it safe, and gone full-tilt Carnaval on the unsuspecting masses. That's what we do best, not the faux-Euro rubbish.

This is the absolute truth.

Interesting, I had assumed he'd be a national hero.

Agram

It's great to see more guys from Croatia here on NeoGAF. Ajmooo!

I'm not too optimistic, but I hope for a tied game.

Novak

Hvala Bosna!
Ja za vas navijam!

We are in pub since 7 (2.5 hours ago). Totally drunk already. But who cares. We play opening mach once in lifetime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom