• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Genio88

14293263915_1b787533ed_o.png

14304885893_18ca389ceb_o.png

One3rd

weird, I thought when I tried SGSSAA with GeDoSaTo once it worked. Maybe my eyes were borked
Could be just Syndicate or maybe specific to my setup. I definitely do not see AO in any shots with GeDoSaTo beng used and pretty sure the aliasing is the same in test shots I did with it enabled and disabled...also the framerate at 5120x2880 with GeDoSaTo is about the same at 3200x1800 with driver AA, which makes sense. I'd love to be proven wrong though! I got used to bumping up to GeDoSaTo rez for taking screenshots and would love to be able to get the HBAO+ working with it at those resolutions.

Also wish there was a way of getting syndicate on pc in Australia.
Surely a cd key from any typical online store would register and download?
You can, I'm in AUS and picked up the Syndicate / Saboteur bundle on Amazon. Worked fine on Origin.

GavinUK86

First time posting here. Been through the entire thread and have been keeping up with the posts for a while. Great stuff overall, some games really stand out over others. I plan on posting here more often, hopefully.

Hello! and welcome!

Had no idea this game looked this good. Not even all max settings(FXAA!) and plain old 1080p:

Just wait till you see some of Spazznid's shots from the game. It looks absolutely ridiculously good.

The vanilla game on PC looks waaaay better than the Definitive Edition on PS4 in my opinion. I own both but if I had to replay one I'd choose PC every time. I hate the unlocked framerate and new the Lara face on the DE.

Well well ... another failed game! Poor graphics and booooring gameplay. I dont feel the need to go further, even if the plot doesnt seem so trivial.

i2PZKsAGTSai7.png

I think that this will be the only screen of the game that I'll post. The worst is that missing something beautiful to capture while we look around. I'm back to WTNO.

GavinUK86

Well well ... another failed game! Poor graphics and booooring gameplay. I dont feel the need to go further, even if the plot doesnt seem so trivial.

i2PZKsAGTSai7.png

I think that this will be the only screen of the game that I'll post. The worst is that missing something beautiful to capture while we look around. I'm back to WTNO.

It's ugly as shit but I am loving the story and gameplay. It's pretty much L.A Noire as a ghost but I guess that description in itself is a pretty niche concept. You either love it or hate it.

It's ugly as shit but I am loving the story and gameplay. It's pretty much L.A Noire as a ghost but I guess that description in itself is a pretty niche concept. You either love it or hate it.

I loved L.A. Noire but I'm hating this crap...what have you got to say about it?

GavinUK86

I loved L.A. Noire but I'm hating this crap...what have you got to say about it?

I love it. It's obviously missing a lot of polish but I find the main characters and story really interesting and pretty well written so far. The gameplay is pretty basic but still, I think it fits the bill enough to keep me plodding along from scenario to scenario.

I really liked their last retail release from 2010, Dark Void. Funnily enough that pretty much got the same reviews as this is. 57 on Metacritic. This having 60 at the moment. They seem to be stuck at the same level of quality.

kanuuna

I feel like I've seen these scenes posted a good couple dozen times by multiple people. Still, I'd be lying if I were to say they aren't damned pretty. Also everytime I see these cinematic wide aspect ratio shots, I wish I had one of those Dell 21:9 monitors. And a PC that could run Crysis 3 at a playable framerate.

Randy

I feel like I've seen these scenes posted a good couple dozen times by multiple people. Still, I'd be lying if I were to say they aren't damned pretty. Also everytime I see these cinematic wide aspect ratio shots, I wish I had one of those Dell 21:9 monitors. And a PC that could run Crysis 3 at a playable framerate.

It seems Crysis 3 only has 2 environments. But they are indeed pretty.

Watch Dogs

watch_dogs_exe_dx11_20140603_013511_1080p_by_confidence_man-d7kwsf8.jpg

watch_dogs_exe_dx11_20140603_210559_1080p_by_confidence_man-d7kwsen.jpg

Can't figure out how to disable all the HUD stuff. People have shots where they pull the phone out to activate DoF but without all the hacking lines and reticle, but they always appear for me as soon as he reaches for the phone even with all the xml stuff set to 0. What am I missing?

14338477762_e6a5875d1e_o.png

14360312743_95f90707cc_o.png

They're very common shots, yes, but I like to at least have a copy that I took myself. I don't have a 21:9 monitor, but oh my do I love that aspect ratio. Black bars don't bother me when I play.

BONKERS

I stole this from someone's shots on Steam. I just couldn't help myself! Teehee!
F7501BBB93892C97BC6D99E0919BCFA185FD3F60

D404942AE88722CB5E1A5E266B6A3AF65A4A94CB

Aside from the ridiculous Character models game doesn't seem to look that bad TBH. Needs copious IQ/AA/HBAO+

maneil99

There is something about Crysis 3 that just doesn't impress me, maybe its so good looking I don't realize its good looking?

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Remember screenshotting the heck out of C3 on an older gtx670 rig of mine. Thought I'd share those old screens. 1920x1200, SMAA 4x, Ultra.

Pardon the hud and gpu overlay elements.

crysis32013022703110629.jpg

crysis32013031209382601.jpg

Tnecniv

Neo Member
crysis32013031200410272.jpg

crysis32013021822161573.jpg

Edit: I posted some newer C3 screens previously in this thread with Maldo Ultra thanks to the atomic gamer link that M3 linked me to. I'll try to get some more newer ones posted up.

I just bought into Star Citizen (mainly because the dogfighting thing is coming soon) and took a couple snaps of the Hangar module. It sure does look pretty.

14338100571_6f09eca4af_o.png

14154940567_cd1baecc41_o.png

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Am kind of caught somewhere in the middle. Don't hate it, don't love it.

The visuals are not that great but I enjoy some of the art direction. Gameplay is way too simple, but am enjoying some of the basic mechanics nonetheless. The story has its ups and downs, as well. That intro in particular was a mess, way too much information to take in such a short amount of time but nonetheless, the story grabbed my interest when I started to play. So far, solid 6 out of 10 for me. I'll find out if it gets better or worse for me the more I play.

Some technical tinkering notes. In-game Vsync caps the game at 30fps. Disable it and force it through catalyst/control panel instead to get 60fps. I tried enhancing the in-game 4xMSAA with SGSS but couldn't seem to get it working. For now, the best AA method I prefer is downsnampling combined with in-game FXAA High. Slightly blurs the image but it gets rid of most of the jaggies.

14339838782_5f3caf184f_o.png

Edit: Deleted second pic.

Top Bottom