• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$500 cans on, this is how you dream right - Official Headphone Thread

I need some cheap closed headphones so I can watch videos (not primarily for music or gaming) without disturbing anyone. I can spend around $30 or less. Nothing full-size but I don't like IEMs.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Just found out that a new gen-2 version of the TMA-1 came out in January. Now I have to check up on which version people are selling. Great.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Why would a person get Grado PS1000s for $1695 when they could get Audez'e LCD-2s for $945?

swoon

they were priced before the lcd-2 came out.

also i'm sure a lot of people prefer the sound of the ps1000 to the lcd-2 it is a big difference how it present the sound. i'm not one of those people, but i know they exist. the ps1000 is a lot more comfortable at least.

ps1000 is a good sound headphone, much better than their other flagship the gs1000 though i'm sure i'd get flack for that.

parasight

What's the word on Shure SE115M+? It's on sale for $80 right now at Future Shop.

Still waiting for Apple to send me a copy of my receipt for my S4i's that crapped out, so I can get warranty.

HiResDes

parasight said:
What's the word on Shure SE115M+? It's on sale for $80 right now at Future Shop.

Still waiting for Apple to send me a copy of my receipt for my S4i's that crapped out, so I can get warranty.

The reason why you didn't see me put any Shure's in the OP is because you really pay a huge premium for the brand name, though not it's not as excessive as Bose. With that being said, the SE115's are decent, especially if you favor a bassier IEM; however, even at $80 they aren't really a spectacular value when compared to other quality IEMS in the $60-$100 range. A pair of Brainwavz M2 or MEElectroncis CC51 or Soundmagic PL50's would still be a much better value

The only Shure I'm remotely interested in is the SE535 for its reputedly gorgeous midrange. I'm glad we've all got choices now though. It wasn't all that long ago that all we had to choose from were phones like the Sony Fontopias, the ER4S/6, and the Shure E2c.

HiResDes

Dynamite Ringo Matsuri said:
The only Shure I'm remotely interested in is the SE535 for its reputedly gorgeous midrange. I'm glad we've all got choices now though. It wasn't all that long ago that all we had to choose from were phones like the Sony Fontopias, the ER4S/6, and the Shure E2c.

Man I went through so many really really low tiered IEMs back in the day, I remember when I thought the MDR-EX90's were going to be all I ever needed...LOL

Enron

Banned
HiResDes said:
Man I went through so many really really low tiered IEMs back in the day, I remember when I thought the MDR-EX90's were going to be all I ever needed...LOL

super-fi 3 studio represent~

I used those for years before biting the bullet and stepping up to triple-fis.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I think HD650 are my dream headphone - realistically speaking - I'm not ready to drop roughly $400 on headphones, but I don't think I'd ever spend more than that either. Probably gonna save up for a pair and a decent amp to power them. Based on what I've read, they seem to have everything I'd want in a headphone.

HiResDes

ljokerl said:
(2C29) MEElectronics CC51

2MEQ3.jpg

Reviewed Feb 2011

Details: Ceramic-shelled flagship of Meelec’s ‘clarity’ series
Current Price: $80 from meelec.com (MSRP: $79.99); $90 for CC51P with microphone
Specs: Driver: Dynamic | Imp: 16 Ω | Sens: 98 dB | Freq: 18-20k Hz | Cable: 4.3’ L-plug
Nozzle Size: 5mm | Preferred tips: Stock single flanges
Wear Style: Straight down or over-the-ear

Accessories (4/5) – Single-flange (3 sizes) and bi-flange silicone tips, shirt clip, and hard clamshell carrying case
Build Quality (4/5) – The CC51 uses ceramic housings – a first for an earphone readily available in the US (Nakamichi’s ceramics have been available overseas for quite some time). Slightly resembling those of Apple’s dual-driver monitors, the shells of the CC51 are slim and ergonomic. The 6mm driver sits right in the nozzle (as with the JVC and Hippo microdriver earphones) and is protected by a fine mesh filter. Very mild driver flex is present on occasion. The shells have a nice weight to them and the cable is protected by a short strain relief (which has hard-to-see L/R markings stamped into it). The cable is different from the other Meelec earphones and more similar to the one found on the HT-21 headphone. It’s supple and tangle-resistant but a bit thinner than the usual clear-coated Meelec cords. A sturdy L-plug completes the picture. Warning: the earphones ship with a shirt clip already on the cord. Extreme care should be taken when it is removed as its sharp edges can shear the cord quite badly
Isolation (4/5) – The housings are vented on the side but allow for relatively deep insertion and isolation is quite good overall
Microphonics (4/5) – Decent when worn cable-down but the curved shells are less than ideal for over-the-ear wear so microphonics aren’t as easy to eliminate completely as I would like
Comfort (4/5) – The slim, angled shells are very ergonomic and quite unobtrusive. The 6mm drivers of the earphones do need to be inside the ear canal for the CC51 to sound their best so those with extremely narrow canals may want to give these a pass but for everyone else they should be quite comfortable

Sound (8/10) – The CC51 is the pinnacle of Meelec’s new ‘clarity’ series and - judging by the MSRP – of the company’s entire model range. From the get-go the earphones exhibit the type of smooth and well-balanced sound that I found so easy to like with the Xears TD100. The bass is tight but impactful, boasting good depth and speed along with realistic attack and decay times. Impact quantity and bass body beat out the lower-end CW31 but fall a tad behind the ECCI PR401 and Xears TD-III, allowing the CC51 to maintain impressive resolution at the low end without being labeled lean or anemic.

The midrange is warm and very smooth. Like the Xears TD100 and TD-III, the CC51 has a slight thickness of note and generally sounds lush and full-bodied. Though the signature of the earphones may make it seem like the CC51 is a misuse of the ‘clarity’ label on Meelec’s part, the natural clarity of the tiny dynamic drivers is surprisingly good, as it has been with all of the microdriver earphones I’ve tried. Whereas the thickness of the TD100 put its clarity just below competitors from Brainwavz and Hippo, the CC51, despite similar note thickness, ranks just above them. It is also slightly clearer than the entry-level CX21 without sounding nearly as lean – an impressive feat considering that clarity is the CX21’s main focus. Detail and texture are good as well – for a warm-and-smooth earphone the CC51 is quite crisp and resolving. Harshness and sibilance are absent from the upper midrange and lower treble, though with a couple of tracks I felt that they could be pushed over the line at very high volumes. Again reminding me of the Xears TD100, the CC51 is very slightly laid-back at the top – not enough for it to be called recessed or for the overall tone to become dark but enough that the earphone derives no artificial clarity or airiness from the top end.

The presentation of the CC51 is slightly on the intimate side but very enveloping and coherent. Soundstage width and depth are about average but the CC51 can also portray a bit height – something most earphones struggle with. Layering and imaging are not pinpoint-accurate but still quite precise for a mid-range earphone. Instrumental separation is also good and the CC51 never sounds congested. There’s a slight lack of air and openness in the upper registers due to the laid-back nature of the treble but this is only noticeable next to something like the RE-ZERO – on its own the CC51 does not sound stuffy in the least. The timbre and dynamics of the earphones are also worth mentioning as both are above-average for models in the price range and remind me of the Brainwavz M3 or even Panasonic HJE900s. Overall, I feel that the sound signature of theCC51 is a little better than the sum of its parts, being a clear and yet strangely musical experience. As always, I cannot attribute the timbre, dynamics, clarity, or any other aspect of the signature to the ceramic housings (not unless I had an identical earphone made out of plastic to use as a control) but it just so happens that the CC51 is a solid all-around performer regardless.

Value (9/10) – Over the past three years, we have watched the transformation of Meelectronics from a small electronics supplier with a single decent $20 earphone to one of Head-Fi’s favourite budget IEM manufacturers. The company’s new ceramic flagship, priced to compete directly with some very serious mid-fi performers from companies such as HiFiMan, ViSang, and ECCI, aims higher still. Happily, the 6mm microdrivers used in the CC51 are impressive in their own right, offering plenty of clarity and resolution on top of a smooth, warm, and well-balanced sound signature. The ceramic housings are pleasant to touch, sturdy, and quite comfortable, though perhaps not for those with extremely narrow ear canals, and the earphones are generally quite user-friendly. Those who can live with their few minor quirks are sure to be impressed.

Pros: Impactful bass, good natural clarity, smooth & balanced sound signature
Cons: Very mild driver flex; not for those with very narrow ear canals; removing shirt clip may be hazardous to the cable; L/R markings can be hard to see under low light

OMG...I knew I should have canceled my Eternas and got these while they were on sale. This looks like their flagship model.

ljokerl said:
(2C28) MEElectronics SP51

aCoYf.jpg

Reviewed Feb 2011

Details: Mid-range dynamic IEM from Meelectronics boasting ‘Sound Preference’ tuning technology
Current Price: $60 from meelec.com (MSRP: $59.99); $70 for SP51P with microphone
Specs: Driver: Dynamic | Imp: 16 Ω | Sens: 100 dB | Freq: 15-20k Hz | Cable: 4.3’ L-plug
Nozzle Size: 5mm | Preferred tips: Stock single flanges
Wear Style: Straight down or over-the-ear

Accessories (4/5) – Single-flange (3 sizes) and bi-flange silicone tips, shirt clip, hard clamshell carrying case, and Sound Preference tuning ports (3 sets)
Build Quality (4/5) – The SP51 uses metal housings with screw-in rear ports identical to those of the Hippo VB, though Meelec chose to add a mesh filter to the nozzle. The clear cabling is typical Meelec – more supple and yet thicker than the rubbery cords used by Hippo and terminated with a nice L-plug
Isolation (3/5) – Fairly average due to large rear vent but good enough for daily use
Microphonics (4/5) – Quite good with cable-down wear, nonexistent with over-the-ear fitment
Comfort (3.5/5) – The SP51s are typical straight-barrel IEMS but the housings aren’t small or rounded at the front, resulting in relatively shallow fitment. The cord is rather flexible and wearing them over-the-ear is easy enough

Sound (7.25/10) – Though the SP51 uses the same housings as the Hippo VB, the 10mm drivers chosen by Meelec are unrelated to those selected by Hippo and result in a substantially different sound signature. The ‘Sound Preference’ tuning system is analogous to Hippo’s ‘Variable Bass’ tuning and consists of three interchangeable screw-in rear ports. Unlike the 1-dot, 2-dot, and 3-dot ports used by the VB, the ports of the SP51 are characterized by their color – black (“extreme bass”), gun metal (“enhanced bass”), and silver (“balanced”). The black port is an open vent and provides the maximum amount of bass (though not as much as leaving the earphones open at the rear, which is not recommended as it hurts definition across the range). I am not a huge fan of the ‘extreme bass’ configuration as it takes away much of the bite of the SP51, reducing bass definition as well as crispness in the other frequencies. The silver and gun metal ports both feature the same vent as the black port but with a different acoustic filter placed in front of it. The silver port, dubbed ‘balanced’ by Meelec, is my favourite of the three. The gun metal one, dubbed ‘enhanced bass’, hypes up the bass and adds some emphasis to the lower treble, The gun metal port will appeal to those looking for more of an M6/M9-type sound from the SP51 and may as well have been called the ‘fun’ port. I feel that it is the silver and gun metal ports that best exemplify the technical capabilities of the SP51 while the black port sacrifices too much resolution to deliver huge amounts of soft-edged impact.

As with so many mainstream earphones, the SP51 was designed to first and foremost satisfy the bass lover. Even in the balanced, silver-port configuration, the bass of the SP51 is above baseline and slightly more prominent than with the lower-end CX21 model. With the gun metal and black ports, the bass quantity of the SP51 competes with Meelec’s M-series earphones as well as sets like the Sennheiser IE6 and Thinksound TS02 – earphones that I can call ‘bass-heavy’ without thinking twice. Most of the emphasis is on the mid-bass frequencies but low end extension is quite good as well. What’s more interesting is the character of the SP51’s bass. It is soft and round rather than sharp and punchy, giving up a bit of speed and quick attack/decay times for smoothness. It also tends towards ‘boomy’ as the amount of air allowed to escape form the rear vent is increased. In the ‘balanced’ configuration there is slightly more impact to the bass than there is texture and note but since the bass is kept well in check, this isn’t a problem. However, the bass-heavy configuration seems to amplify both aspects equally, resulting in a whole lot of air being moved but only moderate levels of texture. On extremely fast tracks this kind of presentation can get the best of any earphone and the SP51 is no exception – the huge amount of impact can get smeared with the black filters.

In the balanced configuration, the midrange of the earphones is ever so slightly recessed but the laid-back nature of the bass makes this a non-issue. With the ‘fun’ and ‘bass-heavy’ filters, the midrange recession becomes slightly more noticeable and bass bleed – slightly more likely. However, next to sets such as the Fischer Audio Eterna, the SP51 is still a well-balanced earphone. The boost in the lower midrange with the black and gun metal filters results in vocals being given a bit of extra fullness and microdetail is slightly smoothed-over on the whole. Next to Meelec’s own CC51, the SP51 sounds somewhat distant and lacks most of the warmth and thickness that make the CC51 sound so ‘creamy’. It’s no surprise, then, that the cheaper SP51 can keep up with the CC51 in clarity, though the 6mm microdriver used in the ceramics has better detail and resolution.

It’s worth noting that that out of the box my pair of SP51s was unpleasantly sibilant – bad enough for me to forego using the earphones completely for the first 50 hours. I can still hear a touch of sibilance out of them on certain tracks with the gun metal-colored rear port but not with the silver one, which I prefer, or the bass-heavy black one. With the silver plate in place, the treble of the SP51 is clear and articulate. It won’t keep up with the armature-based A151 in detail but performs fairly well for a mid-range dynamic-driver earphone, much like that of the UE500 or Thinksound TS02. Extension is reasonably good and the earphones tend to sound airy no matter which tuning ports are used. The overall presentation of the SP51 is spacious and competent. Though the SP51 has better soundstage width than the CC51, it is slightly more vague when it comes to positioning. The CC51, while a bit intimate on the whole, presents music more coherently and three-dimensionally. The SP51, on the other hand, is reminiscent of Meelec’s aging M9 - airy and spacious but wider than it is deep and not pinpoint-accurate. It’s a fitting presentation for the type of smooth, slightly boomy sound that the SP51 puts out but competing with the higher-end CC51 and A151 in accuracy was obviously not on the agenda when the earphone was tuned.

Value (8/10) – Though the Hippo VB may seem like the most natural point of comparison for Meelec’s new tunable earphone, it is quite obvious that the SP51 pursues a slightly different signature – one that emphasizes mid-bass at its bassiest and nothing at its most balanced. Though the ports of the SP51 seem more potent at shaping its sound signature than those of the hippo VB, it still is not quite the 3-in-1 earphone many budget-minded music lovers might hope for. Still, rather than simply pick one port and stick with it, I imagine some may alternate between two of the three. For me, the silver “balanced” port edges out the gun metal “enhanced bass” port slightly, though many will find the SP51 to be lacking impact in this configuration. With the “enhanced bass” port, the SP51 can be considered a less v-shaped and more refined upgrade to the popular M9 and M6 models but the black “extreme bass” port sacrifices too much tightness in favor of bass ‘boom’ in my opinion. Ultimately, the SP51 makes a good entry-level set for those curious to play with the balance of an earphone and, while it won’t quite keep up with the Hippo VB when both earphones perform at their best, the SP51 is cheaper, more readily available, and backed by Meelec’s excellent warranty and customer service. Add to that the superior cable of the Meelec version and the option of having the iPhone-compatible SP51P for $10 more and the SP51 starts to make sense in terms of value-for-money.

Pros: Tunable sound signature
Cons: Mediocre isolation, bass tends towards 'boomy' on extreme bass setting

...Doesn't look like as big of a winner, but still a decent IEM

Extollere said:
I think HD650 are my dream headphone - realistically speaking - I'm not ready to drop roughly $400 on headphones, but I don't think I'd ever spend more than that either. Probably gonna save up for a pair and a decent amp to power them. Based on what I've read, they seem to have everything I'd want in a headphone.
I got my 650's for $325. order from JR.com. and haggle for a better price.

tafer

My PX-100 died (2.5 years with a lousy owner, awesome product!), and it seems that they are discontinued... and the "sequel" isn't as awesome as I was expecting.

So GAF, please recommend me a good pair of headphones, keep in mind that the PX-100 ("neutral", open, light, etc.) were perfect for me, but I wouldn't mind a more sturdier/comfy set. ($50 is my budget, but a little bit more is acceptable)

By the way, I do have another pair of PX-100 for the office, but this one is for my laptop and I have another HD600 for some "serious" listening.

HiResDes

PX-100's aren't neutral, they are fairly bass heavy, but yes great budget headphones...Anyway, check out the OP, I think you might like the Beyerdynamic DT235's

I dunno, I can easily see the MeE's being FOTM over at Head-FI. Expect to see a bunch of FS posts in the near future. At that price, I'm kind of curious myself, especially since they use 6mm drivers? Damn things must be tiny. But alas my money must go to MvC3 and Yakuza 4.

Desperado

Hey guys, I have a pair of KSC-75s that has a faltering connection in the wiring to the right side phone. Would anyone that could fix it easily want to take them off my hands for the cost of shipping? I don't want them to go to waste for such a simple problem.

Miggytronz

GAF i need help. I have the Able Planet TRUE FIDELITY Active Noise Canceling Headphones
with LINX AUDIO [NC300W], I got them for $20 in 2009 new. Well the leather on them now is cracking. I contacted Able Planet and they told me they dont sell new pads. Can anyone get me in the right direction?

TheExodu5

Banned
Heh, these B&W P5s are not very good at all. There's no top end whatsoever. They're the most veiled headphones I've ever heard.

Lots of mid-bass. That's about it.

LCfiner

TheExodu5 said:
Heh, these B&W P5s are not very good at all. There's no top end whatsoever. They're the most veiled headphones I've ever heard.

:(

are you in a position to return them?

LCfiner

TheExodu5 said:
Yup. Apple allows returns now. I wouldn't have bought them otherwise. I'll be out shipping costs, which is fine to me.

ok, not so bad.

the good news is that, at that price, you could get some really, really nice sounding headphones.

Davidion

Mommy dearest gave me a pair of MDR V7506's that was collecting dust by her. Hooray cans.

Side-by-side, it's not as fun as my HD-25's, but I'm not losing much sleep over it.

kiun

Headphone gaffers, I'm looking for a full sized closed headphones for work. Budget is around $100-$200, probably won't be running it through an amp. Any ideas ?

Ceres

Banned
kiun said:
Headphone gaffers, I'm looking for a full sized closed headphones for work. Budget is around $100-$200, probably won't be running it through an amp. Any ideas ?

Blah, NM. The HD25s aren't really full size.

Maybe the Audio Technica ATH-M50

K.Jack

TMA-1 has shipped out. Hopefully they make it from New York -> Ohio over the weekend.

I'm so HYYYYYYPE.

Never thought I'd spend $199 on a set of heaphones, until I spent $100 on the RE-ZERO and was blown the quality I subsequently received. My days of being satisfied by cheap head gear are long gone.

I bought the TMA-1, because I've been pretty much living with the RE-ZERO in my ears, and I'm starting to feel the effects. I need a break from IEMs, and that's all the justification I needed to finally buy these.

I'll have impressions up as quickly as possible. I am kinda afraid, that the HiFiMAN brand's clarity has spoiled me to the point of not being satisfied by anything else. I wish I could justify an HE-4, but then I'm approaching the territory of needing to spend just as much on a decent amp. I'm not going there.
kiun said:
Genre preferences.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Those TMA-1s are sexy. If I have to be out and about in noise more often I might get some.

Davidion

K.Jack said:
TMA-1 has shipped out. Hopefully they make it from New York -> Ohio over the weekend.

I'm so HYYYYYYPE.

Never thought I'd spend $199 on a set of heaphones, until I spent $100 on the RE-ZERO and was blown the quality I subsequently received. My days of being satisfied by cheap head gear are long gone.

I bought the TMA-1, because I've been pretty much living with the RE-ZERO in my ears, and I'm starting to feel the effects. I need a break from IEMs, and that's all the justification I needed to finally buy these.

I'll have impressions up as quickly as possible. I am kinda afraid, that the HiFiMAN brand's clarity has spoiled me to the point of not being satisfied by anything else. I wish I could justify an HE-4, but then I'm approaching the territory of needing to spend just as much on a decent amp. I'm not going there.

Genre preferences.

Where'd you order from, Turntable lab?

Tempted to pick up a pair...

K.Jack

Davidion said:
Where'd you order from, Turntable lab?

Tempted to pick up a pair...
TTL wasn't 100% sure that they have the revised version 2, so I didn't feel confident and kept looking.

The owner of Dijital Fix confirmed that they have received shipments of the V2, so I bought from then.

TheExodu5 said:

I love their speakers, not a fan of their headphones

Winged Creature said:
this quote is the story of B&W.

their speakers are solid; their headphones make you scratch your head and wonder why they're willing to pull a "Bose" and go for style at the expense of quality. It reflects poorly on their name brand.

Miggytronz

Mikasangelos said:
GAF i need help. I have the Able Planet TRUE FIDELITY Active Noise Canceling Headphones
with LINX AUDIO [NC300W], I got them for $20 in 2009 new. Well the leather on them now is cracking. I contacted Able Planet and they told me they dont sell new pads. Can anyone get me in the right direction?

nobody?

TheExodu5

Banned
Winged Creature said:

Heh, my dad owns B&W 800 Diamonds, so I was expecting something at least with a similar sonic signature.

If they were $100-150, I might consider them due to the style and the iPhone friendly controls...but honestly, I prefer my KSC 75 in terms of sound.

kamspy

Just got my phones. They destroy my old Sennhiesers. Destroy.

Fit and finish are better than expected for the price. Couldn't be any happier with em. I don't want to take them off.

Dreams-Visions said:
this quote is the story of B&W.

their speakers are solid; their headphones make you scratch your head and wonder why they're willing to pull a "Bose" and go for style at the expense of quality. It reflects poorly on their name brand.

Yep I have the CM5s and I think they sound fantastic. I would love to get the 805 or 804 diamonds. After having such a great experience with their speakers, i was quite shocked at their headphones. The funny thing is alot of the hi-fi press seems to like these headphones.

TheExodu5

Banned
Off to pick up a pair of AKG K702. I'm not quite sure how I'll like them. I hear they are very amp sensitive and require a lot of burn in. We'll see.

TheExodu5

Banned
Holy shit these are amazing. I was really afraid there would be no bass...but there definitely is. Not the impact of my Ultrasones of course, but the extension is completely there. No sibilance like the K271 either.

TheExodu5

Banned
Fuck me. I'm actually contemplating bringing the K702 back and going all out with the LCD-2.

While I'm loving the K702s (tonal balance is perfect for me), I am hoping for headphones with a forward projected soundstage. Would the LCD-2 be right for me?

tafer

HiResDes said:
PX-100's aren't neutral, they are fairly bass heavy, but yes great budget headphones...Anyway, check out the OP, I think you might like the Beyerdynamic DT235's

PX-100 bass heavy?... Weird, the old HD-202 were bass heavy, but this ones?

In any case, looks like an awesome budget set, but I just noticed this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001FTVDG/?tag=neogaf0e-20 way bulky for a laptop headphone, but those guys are super comfy.

Decisions, Decisions...
Help!

TheExodu5

Banned
Tried the K702s out of my dad's Bryston BP26. God damn. These things are just amazing all around. Whoever said they were bad with rock and electronic music also needs some ear checking. Not quite as impactful as my Ultrasones, but they still sound fantastic.

My only gripe, again, is that the soundstage is not forward at all. When/if I upgrade from these, it will be to a set of headphones that can more accurately duplicate the high end speaker experience, with sound that projects forward into the room.

BTW, they're also amazing for gaming. Battlefield Bad Company 2 sounds amazing.

BobDylan said:
hd201_1.jpg

Just your basic sennheiser HD201. got them as a gift last christmas and use them for when im in the stuido. pretty happy with them but cant wait to upgrade
Did I tell you about the time I saw Best Buy selling these for $75

swoon

TheExodu5 said:
Fuck me. I'm actually contemplating bringing the K702 back and going all out with the LCD-2.

While I'm loving the K702s (tonal balance is perfect for me), I am hoping for headphones with a forward projected soundstage. Would the LCD-2 be right for me?

LCD-2 are wider and deeper and more detailed. they aren't more forward. the high-end grados are more forward and wider. maybe equal depth.

i think the HE-5/6 would also fit your needs but i found them uncomfortable.

i have a basic stax lambada pro setup and it reminds me of everything i loved about my 701 but more in every direction.

Top Bottom