• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Advance Wars 2, Sky Odyssey = $4.99 @ best buy instore (YMMV?)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Dont know if it's nationwide, but $5 for AW2 is a friggin steal. Don't blame me if they ring at $19.99 if you do find one

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Was Sky Odyssey that quirky shooter that Atlus brought over?

I had the demo of it, always considered buying it, but... *shrugs*

john tv

Mejilan said:
Was Sky Odyssey that quirky shooter that Atlus brought over?

I had the demo of it, always considered buying it, but... *shrugs*
No, that was Sky Gunner, which was highly overrated IMO. Sky Odyssey was published by SCE in Japan and Activision in the US. Good, fun game... nothing spectacular, but definitely underrated. Absolutely worth $5, at least!

Sky Odyssey is one of my "FOUR GAMES ON PS2 THAT CAN BE HAD FOR UNDER 15 DOLLARZ THAT ARE OVERLOOKED AND ROXXORS YOUR BOXXORS."

The others being Victorious Boxers, Disaster Report, and Space Channel 5: SE. Fun games for cheap make you feel like you's found da treasurez.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Yep, Sky Gunner, my bad. Thanks for clarifying. Wasn't too impressed by the demo.

Time to read up on Sky Odyssey, then.

Edit - IGN's review did nothing for me.

Sky Oddyssey = Pilotwings done right.

I yearn for a sequel to this game...the graphics are bad but this game is incredible otherwise. It's a steal for $5. Soooo much fun, that is, if you have the least bit of love for flight.

Ristamar

PanopticBlue said:
Sky Oddyssey = Pilotwings done right.

I yearn for a sequel to this game...the graphics are bad but this game is incredible otherwise. It's a steal for $5. Soooo much fun, that is, if you have the least bit of love for flight.

Eh? I never knew Pilotwings was done "wrong" to begin with.

Dujour

Banned
Looks like I'm going to Best Buy again on Saturday. Already own Advance wars 2 and it's kicked my unstrategic ass. I would make batman frown. Well, moreso. u_u

Gattsu25

Banned
Ristamar said:
Eh? I never knew Pilotwings was done "wrong" to begin with.

how about:

Sky Oddyssey = Pilotwings done much much much much much much better than it was done before?

:b

I keed...was never a big fan of pilot wings but loved sky odyssey :b

BeOnEdge

Banned
i love sky oddessy but it definately aint pilotwings. IIRC isnt SO just flying? no hang glider, rocket belt or anything else? i played it years ago and loved it. 4.99 is a steal.

Brannon

You WILL be buying Sky Odyssey if you do not have it by now. BUY THAT DAMN GAME!!!

Cuz it's that damn good.

Damn it.

Top Bottom