• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

LaNaranja

I wouldn't mind having this show shift onto Netflix with a tighter episode count and an opportunity to at the very least interact with the other street level heroes.

kirblar

The Inhumans movie is still happening, it just got pushed back due to Phase 3 getting overstuffed (according to Feige).

That being said, I have a feeling that Quake may end up being one of the Defenders now that she's on the run.
But I won't lie, I didn't expect Lincoln to take one for the team.
The rumor/scuttlebutt seems to be that it was an Ike pet project, and as such might be "on hold" like I'm still "on hold" for Piano lessons 20 years later.

Neoxon

The rumor/scuttlebutt seems to be that it was an Ike pet project, and as such might be "on hold" like I'm still "on hold" for Piano lessons 20 years later.
But keep in mind that said rumor came from Bleeding Cool, who's reliability is shaky at best. Do they get some comic book scoops, sure, but not much else. They're about as reliable as 10k.

Seems odd that Marvel wouldn't go through with something like that. It's not only major franchise material but the elevator pitch is Game of Thrones meets superheroes. It's appealing to Marvel's audience.

Neoxon

Seems odd that Marvel wouldn't go through with something like that. It's not only major franchise material but the elevator pitch is Game of Thrones meets superheroes. It's appealing to Marvel's audience.
He was just referencing a Bleeding Cool rumor, nothing more.

What's Sam Jackson doing these days? Hes always down for work right? Just imagine Fury coming back for season 4.

It's probably gonna be Maria Hill or more likely Talbot as the new director ;_;

Zomba13

I really liked the hot potato they were playing with the necklace. So glad it wasn't as simple as "Yoyo gave it to Mack so he will die".

Really liked the Hive/Lincoln talk at the end.

Loved the Hive face CG.

Wonder who the new director is and how they got the position, did Coulson step down?

Vigilante goth Quake is great.

LMDs boiiiii!

Shocked, utterly shocked, that Fitz and Simmons had a happy season finale.

anaron

Meh finale but I'm glad they offed Lincoln and managed to make me care about him.

BYE BITCH @ Ward

Goth Daisy/Quake moniker yaaaasssss. now cut that hair SHORT.

LMD

I really liked the hot potato they were playing with the necklace. So glad it wasn't as simple as "Yoyo gave it to Mack so he will die".

Really liked the Hive/Lincoln talk at the end.

Loved the Hive face CG.

Wonder who the new director is and how they got the position, did Coulson step down?

Vigilante goth Quake is great.

LMDs boiiiii!

Shocked, utterly shocked, that Fitz and Simmons had a happy season finale.
Will be nice if Tony is the new director and he appears for 5 mins before handing over to maria hill as his official 2ic and correspondence. Maybe that why Coulson step down, Tony should not know the he is alive. SHIELD can lie to him and tell him Fury also operating in the secret before.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
also liked the hint at seeing Hyde again

I missed it, where was it ?

Also, like a few people have already said. The Lincoln and Hive bro-talk before the boom was very unexpectedly good. Good to see in his final moments they didn't do the cliche "hive freaks out and goes all tentacly", instead he kept insisting till the end he was doing what he thought was right.

edit: why is everyone saying next season is the last season, did they officially announce this ?

aeolustl

New Daisy's romantic interest incoming next season?

Also, they still kill a minority
Giyera
in the season finale amirite

They have killed tons of Inhumans this season. Budget cut incoming? Hopefully they will spend less on the Quinjet. I can deal with a uglier one than bad CG effect on the Inhumans.

anaron

I feel like they've set up a bunch of things to ensure S4 is a huge improvement. I hope.

10 pm timeslot plus potentially last season = crazy pacing and throwing it all out there,

No Ward or sonic Lash, vigilante Daisy + intriguing new plot direction, OG Secret Warriors are almost fully formed with Hellfire. likely abandoning the inhumans focus for awhile.

That was kind of boring and predictable. Oh hey, Lincoln is dead... ... *shrug*

I hope Daisy is on the run a bit next season and the show picks up where the "six months later" thing left off.

I'll be more surprised than anything if AOS makes it to a season five given the time slot change probably won't do the show's ratings any favors, won't matter to streamers and DVR viewers though.

Miggytronz

Guys, guys, guys.

What if... stay with me here. What if, they make a LMD of Ward and he ends up being Taskmaster because they program all of the Avengers and SHIELD/Inhuman fighting styles into it!?!?!

Also, that 6 month skip means that ending scene happens in November of 2016. So when the show starts up again in late September or whatever, they should actually be in November and the episodes should take place only a few days after one another so by the time they get to our real November they can sync up for their Doctor Strange mention.
Yo. Want!!!

kurahador

Awesome finale. Man that final scene with Hive and Lincoln is sooo good. And goth Daisy!! She looks the part of street level vigilante.

Most likely a personal decision. Coulson would've protected her from the Accords.

Seeing Coulson being demoted from a Director's seat, protecting her was most likely be the reason.

So what does that final scene implies exactly? They're introducing LMD? Are we going to see Ward again?? lol

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Coulson's not the director anymore though.

Like kurahador said, stepping down might've been part of protecting her. It doesn't make sense for Coulson to be hunting her if she's just running because of the Accords. He's trying to get her back into the fold.

duckroll

The finale felt like 2 hours of trying desperately to tie up bad loose ends while doing a soft reboot on the series to set up a (hopefully) more interesting season 4. Happy to see QUAKE acknowledged. Not too happy that Daisy is on the run alone. Should have her Secret Warriors with her. I was really hoping that when she got cornered in the alley at the end that she'll go "get me out of here" and have Eden grab her and teleport out. Still waiting for them to follow up on that namedrop. :p

Lincoln dying was probably the best possible outcome out of all the other possibilities. Not sure what the LMD reveal was about, other than him building a hot female sexbot, but I'm glad Mr DeusEx is sticking around. He's the king of cheese and that's just what this series needs more of. :p

duckroll

Btw, the Daisy/Hive fight was probably the lamest shit ever. It was like watching someone play a fighting game without knowing any of the moves and just spamming punch. >_<

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
but I'm glad Mr DeusEx is sticking around. He's the king of cheese and that's just what this series needs more of. :p

John Hannah is the best. He's been on the show, what? Like maybe 4 episodes? And he's already the best character on the show.

He absolutely *KILLED* it in Spartacus.

Has anyone even been caught in that alley? Koenig used a stealth umbrella to disguise himself and Reina in it, Joey was evac'd in the containment module, Hellfire used it as an ambush, and now Daisy force jumps her way out of it.

I'm also amused that Hive showed his true face, just to find out he was talking to a holographic recording the whole time. So no one actually saw him do it.

Are we going to see Ward again?? lol

Brett Dalton reveals in interviews he's finally been booted from the main cast this time, so probably not unless they decide to bring an LMD in as a one off. Though I don't totally buy that the warhead explosion actually killed Hive - maybe he's just stuck in orbit.

duckroll

Has anyone even been caught in that alley? Koenig used a stealth umbrella to disguise himself and Reina in it, Joey was evac'd in the containment module, Hellfire used it as an ambush, and now Daisy force jumps her way out of it.

Hahahahahaha, I thought the location looked familiar, but is it really the same place each time???

One detail that bugged me was when the heat was turned up, everyone's face was dripping with sweat, but... they all kept their jackets on. Simmons was still wearing three layers including a cardigan! Ratcliff still had his blazer on.

Hahahahahaha, I thought the location looked familiar, but is it really the same place each time???

I mean, that's what my memory tells me, but I don't have every episode to check for certain. I could be wrong about the first two occasions, but I'm pretty sure the ambush and the jump escape were the same location.

GAF, why is this show so incredibly fucking underrated? Everyone hates this show, Marvel included it seems. Three seasons in and I still love it. Ultimately I feel it's going to be completely stricken from the record.

Dryk

John Hannah is the best. He's been on the show, what? Like maybe 4 episodes? And he's already the best character on the show.

He absolutely *KILLED* it in Spartacus.
We need to get Robert Carlyle in there for an episode or two so they can be amoral Scottish science bros.

Jackpot

Banned
Everyone knows Lincoln died after the Civil War.

We saw a Putty die from one bullet in the chest. Why does no one in SHIELD carry guns?!?

Top Bottom