• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Megasoum

Banned
Sorry about the weird situation guys. We have an email out to SE about this but they are in Japan so I don't know that we'll hear back this weekend.

Cheers,
Tony

I'm surprised. Don't you have to go through Square-Enix Europe (aka old Eidos) for those games and not SE proper in Japan? Not that it would change anything about the week-end of course but I'm just curious hehe.

HenryHSH

Damn, I accidentally bought the non steam version of NBA2k12. Never thought I'd make that mistake myself. Anyway, contacted CS. Feels bad. lol

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I just did the "Call Me" option through Origin and got a call 15 minutes later. The bummer was that the guy who helped me couldn't get it to Activate on Origin because it's a GFWL key, which means I either need to go through GFWL, or Amazon to get the game.

No biggie though. I'll just stick with the Amazon download :)

If you are willing to go through the trouble, try it again. I just got it activated through a phone call with a very nice guy who was very helpful. I just got a screen cap of my Amazon library with the code there, and I got the game added to my Origin library (he gave me the Limited Edition actually not really sure what that is). I also got a 15% off code for Origin which is kind of cool. :p

If anyone else is having this problem please call them. So much easier.

Deitus

I'm surprised. Don't you have to go through Square-Enix Europe (aka old Eidos) for those games and not SE proper in Japan? Not that it would change anything about the week-end of course but I'm just curious hehe.

I would expect you would go through Square Enix's North American branch, as they should be the ones to deal with the sales and distribution of the game in the states. But I guess Tony would know better than I would.

nickelpat

Neo Member
I just did the "Call Me" option through Origin and got a call 15 minutes later. The bummer was that the guy who helped me couldn't get it to Activate on Origin because it's a GFWL key, which means I either need to go through GFWL, or Amazon to get the game.

No biggie though. I'll just stick with the Amazon download :)

That's odd, I threw a Steam key for KoA at support and they cheered me up pretty quickly.

KKLkl.png

Owensboro

If you are willing to go through the trouble, try it again. I just got it activated through a phone call with a very nice guy who was very helpful. I just got a screen cap of my Amazon library with the code there, and I got the game added to my Origin library (he gave me the Limited Edition actually not really sure what that is). I also got a 15% off code for Origin which is kind of cool. :p

If anyone else is having this problem please call them. So much easier.

Why did you need the screen shot? I probably should have asked if I could have emailed it to them. That would have been so much easier then reading the key off.

I would expect you would go through Square Enix's North American branch, as they should be the ones to deal with the sales and distribution of the game in the states. But I guess Tony would know better than I would.

I thought that too lol, not the case.

Cheers,
Tony

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Bought madden, pretty cool you can upgrade to this years rosters with pictures as mods. I may not need to buy madden 13 lol!

Pacalon

Neo Member
Thanks for the awesome deals, Tony. I've spent way more than I expected to.. I was originally fighting getting Spec Ops and Max Payne 3, but I broke down. =(

Wondering if there's a chance that Divinity 2: DKS will go on sale? I missed out on picking it up the past few times its been on sale and I hear it's worth grabbing!

so there's only one version of Borderlands for download.. it will be redeemable on steam, yes? i only ask because there were two versions of PC download to choose from when I bought Bioshock.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Why did you need the screen shot? I probably should have asked if I could have emailed it to them. That would have been so much easier then reading the key off.

Proof of purchase. The key is actually a GFW code I believe, or something like that. It's 25 characters compared to Origin's 20. The code doesn't work for Origin at all so they basically manually added a game to my Origin account.

Owensboro

Proof of purchase. The key is actually a GFW code I believe, or something like that. It's 25 characters compared to Origin's 20. The code doesn't work for Origin at all so they basically manually added a game to my Origin account.

Ok, cool. So next time I get them on the phone (I'm going to try again tomorrow) I should tell them I have a Proof of Purchase VIA screenshot and ask them if I can email it to them to get the game manually added to my account?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Ok, cool. So next time I get them on the phone (I'm going to try again tomorrow) I should tell them I have a Proof of Purchase VIA screenshot and ask them if I can email it to them to get the game manually added to my account?

That should work. The guy just asked for it for me, and I expect if you call again there is a good chance they will ask you for it anyways.

EDIT: Just Cause 2 Multiplayer mod going live soon. Perfect time to buy the Square Enix bundle.

Tony, there's some talk going on online about Amazon suspending/banning/closing down accounts from outside the US, with fake street addresses. Do you know anything about it?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Tony, there's some talk going on online about Amazon suspending/banning/closing down accounts from outside the US, with fake street addresses. Do you know anything about it?

I'd say asking Tony about this is a pretty bad idea :) He didn't comment on it so far, and probably won't in the future. As far as I know though, this is only happening for made-up addresses, not actually existent ones.

This would be a weird way to go about this, since they could just stop foreign credit cards from working altogether, but haven't yet. I assume (hope) there's something else going on here.

A guy on reddit got his account closed but opened again a few days later:
http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/vyz68/warning_do_not_buy_from_amazoncom_if_you_arent/

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, after using that Delaware addy kindly posted on the last page, I have been broken and i bought Fifa 12 and Binary Domain. Not bad for £15 for both.

Thanks for all the support in this thread to both of you Nelo and Amazon Tony person.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
how are you liking it and does the 360 wireless pad work. I haven't played a football game on my pc in like 15 years

I like it alot! I forgot this version has madden as the commentator. The 360 pad works flawless, icons and everything!
edit* you have to use the mouse for the main menus though :(

Out of curiosity, where did you find the mods at? Im interested in possibly picking '08 up.

I found all the mods and rosters here:
ALL MODS-
http://ffmadden.wikia.com/wiki/Files

MODS I USED-
MadModX http://ffmadden.wikia.com/wiki/MadMod_X
FFXII http://www.mediafire.com/?h6a9w2ct51hgjzu

ROSTER-http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3676

shoot me a PM if you need help on how to mod it, otherwise try the readme for tips!

Ok, Binary Domain. What the hell happened here SEGA?
This game is REALLY good. Like unexpectedly awesome.

I don't know what the demo consists of, but it should be the entire first act. I don't know how you could NOT like the game after that. Late title card after that sequence of cutscenes, just perfect!
Shooting is good, story is interesting so far, cutscenes are well made and entertaining. I excpected cringe-worthy humor, but I actually enjoyed every single scene so far.

The game is nice blend of western and japanese influences that just feels right so far.

How does it have a 66 metacritic? Does it become really terrible later on?

EDIT: It also runs at PERFECT 60 FPS on my GTX560Ti, with all bells and whistles on.

Ok, Binary Domain. What the hell happened here SEGA?
This game is REALLY good. Like unexpectedly awesome.

I don't know what the demo consists of, but it should be the entire first act. I don't know how you could NOT like the game after that. Late title card after that sequence of cutscenes, just perfect!
Shooting is good, story is interesting so far, cutscenes are well made and entertaining. I excpected cringe-worthy humor, but I actually enjoyed every single scene so far.

The game is nice blend of western and japanese influences that just feels right so far.

Dude,

I think I've expressed how much I love this industry and the people who keep it running (you guys, gamers), but you have to acknowledge that the Video Game customer is one of the most cannibalistic demographics on the planet.

It has a 66 metacritic score because oftentimes gamers jump on the hate bandwagon because it is the "cool thing to do" on forums or wherever we congregate. It sucks because it ends up really hurting games like this, which honestly probably deserve more love and attention than being a really exciting $10 purchase.

Just my 2 cents.

That being said, I'm glad we're selling a ton of $10 really exciting purchases :).

Cheers,
Tony

feel

Nope, if anything it only gets better and better.

I actually replayed the first chapter straight away to better enjoy it with the new level of respect I had for the game by the end of it.

Djamb3

Ok couldn't wait anymore for the steam sales to start and just bought Bioshock pack, Space Marine and Binary Domain. I still want some duke nukem forever and some call of duty, but for that I'll wait a little more.

Great work so far Tony, probably wouldn't buy anything if it weren't for you coming here.

Btw how long can it take to a order to be processed before we should worry and contact support? My last one (bynary..) is in that state for almost 3hours now. The others worked just fine, why can't we just buy them all together, like everything else in amazon?

Ok couldn't wait anymore for the steam sales to start and just bought Bioshock pack, Space Marine and Binary Domain. I still want some duke nukem forever and some call of duty, but for that I'll wait a little more.

Great work so far Tony, probably wouldn't buy anything if it weren't for you coming here.

Btw how long can it take to a order to be processed before we should worry and contact support? My last one (bynary..) is in that state for almost 3hours now. The others worked just fine, why can't we just buy them all together, like everything else in amazon?

Give it a few more hours before contacting support. I wish we had full cart functionality like the rest of the (non-digital) site. I know it is in development but not sure how far along.

Cheers,
Tony

LordK

If I activate the key in Origin, it'll use Origin exclusively for DRM and not use whatever comes with Dead Space 1 and 2?

Megasoum

Banned
If I activate the key in Origin, it'll use Origin exclusively for DRM and not use whatever comes with Dead Space 1 and 2?

If you register the key on origin and download the game from Origin then it's an Origin game. EA doesn't know where you got your key. It just like if you would have bought the game on the EA Store.

Caved and double dipped on Burnout Paradise. Originally had it on PS3. Not even sure why, I guess for the pristine 1080p picture and constant 60 FPS (the PS3 version jittered quite a bit on the framerate).

Anyone know if the MP is still active on the PC version?

Top Bottom