• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiPrime

Could be a 2 GB and 3 GB model, but like I said, people over react on RAM spec's too much here. I bet that none of you max out 2 GB on devices that use stock or near stock android.

If there is a Nexus model that has 2 GB, I really hope that it's priced competitively.

I know I don't, you can check the average 3h/6h/12h/daily memory use in 6.0 and mine is always at around 1.3GB. All the OS, UI and Google Play Services stuff take up around 870MB while apps take up barely anything.

3GB RAM would be nice as a future proofing thing. I would feel a bit funny about buying a device that has the same RAM as one I bought 2 years ago.

Could be a 2 GB and 3 GB model, but like I said, people over react on RAM spec's too much here. I bet that none of you max out 2 GB on devices that use stock or near stock android.

If there is a Nexus model that has 2 GB, I really hope that it's priced competitively.

If they really charge 399 for 16 GB and 2GB RAM, then I'm out until the price at retailers drops. What a total sidegrade that phone is.

Not to mention that it won't be 399 in Europe anyway.

I'm using my friends Moto X Pure and it doesn't feel big. At all. I don't even know why I pay attention to these complaints. And the screen doesn't have a yellow tint.

Wtf Bobo?

I'm using my friends Moto X Pure and it doesn't feel big. At all. I don't even know why I pay attention to these complaints. And the screen doesn't have a yellow tint.

Wtf Bobo?
Mine had a yellow tint to it. You can also see it in some comparison videos. It's not only that phone though. The op2 also has it to a lesser extent, but they added color options in the newest update that fixes it.

ArchAngel

The newest nexus 6 update has absolutely fucked my battery.

My screen on time is 30 minutes, and my phone has been off the charger for 3 and 1/2 hours. I'm already at 70%.

This is what infuriates me about android most. Does Google not have any fucking QA? My battery life was fine before this update. Android just randomly has things fuck up.

The same happened to me after I flashed the M preview 2. Nothing helped, just a reflash :/

reKon

Banned
Is it price prediction game time?
Nexus 5X:
16GB - $300

32 GB - $350?

If Google when crazy and put the 32 GB at $300, I would buy...

It's Android. A single app install or changed setting can destroy your battery life.

Yeah. Ya'll need to chill on the Tinder

VoxPop

You guys should just split the cost of the Vertu so you can finally have your perfect Android phone. Send it to one another every other week to use. The 5X is $300 and you guys are complaining about specs -_-

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I want to buy the Z5c, but the Apps/App Store and 3D Touch are killing me. What do I do Android Gaf?!

3D Touch is a nice feature being blown out of all proportion. For a phone, android apps are fine (not so much for a tablet).

If you value a 2-3 day battery then jump on the Z5c. If you value film-flam just because tech blogs are swooning, grab an iPhone.

Janky is the deal with Android.

But you made it seem like it was a Pure problem.

The Pure has it worse honestly to my eyes and there isn't a way to fix it on the Pure so far. I guess I just like a cooler temperature display.

Just look at this Pure display compared to a normal one

196782d1442267954t-my-moto-x-pure-edition-screen-has-yellow-tint-img_0362.jpg

giga

Nexus 5X benchmark seems to confirm 2GB of RAM, Snapdragon 808, and not much of a performance increase over the Nexus 5 (although with pre-release software, that may change).

LG-Nexus-5X-2015-geekbench-benchmark-specs.png

Source
That's the saddest geekbench score of 2015. Gonna assume it was throttled to 1.4ghz for some odd reason, because otherwise it's just bad. Nvm four of the cores are clocked at that. Welp.

I have a Nexus 5 and I updated Google Photos a week or two ago and lost all my pictures. Also I can't save pictures from apps like Facebook or Twitter anymore. They don't appear in Google Photos and nowhere in the folders when I plug my Nexus to my computer.

Anybody have the same issue ? Does someone know what to do ? Googled my problem and couldn't find anything.

Groof

I have a Nexus 5 and I updated Google Photos a week or two ago and lost all my pictures. Also I can't save pictures from apps like Facebook or Twitter anymore. They don't appear in Google Photos and nowhere in the folders when I plug my Nexus to my computer.

Anybody have the same issue ? Does someone know what to do ? Googled my problem and couldn't find anything.

Did you check the device folders from the hamburger menu?

kami_sama

That's the saddest geekbench score of 2015. Gonna assume it was throttled to 1.4ghz for some odd reason, because otherwise it's just bad. Nvm four of the cores are clocked at that. Welp.
That is almost the same score a Nexus 5 with lollipop has. I still don't want to believe it's such a disappointment.

The LG G4 on 5.1 benchmarks much higher than this supposed leak. I'm not buying it.

What does the LG G4 get?

Also, benchmarks can easily be faked, and these benchmarks in particular for the Nexus 5X popped up a few hours after the Amazon India specs leaked. The timing could be coincidental, but I find it suspicious.

EmiPrime

What does the LG G4 get?

Also, benchmarks can easily be faked, and these benchmarks in particular for the Nexus 5X popped up a few hours after the Amazon India specs leaked. The timing could be coincidental, but I find it suspicious.

About 1100 single 3500 multi

Whenever leaks contradict Android Police (who are convinced it's 3GB RAM) I am less likely to believe them. Their track record like Gurman with Apple stuff makes them trustworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom