• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigolo

Oh my god just tinkering with the thought of a Google made Pixel smartphone next year makes my skin tingle. 820 powered Pixel phone built by Google launching at I/O.

:sweating:

teiresias

I thought quick-charging wasn't offered with USB-C but a quick Google search says otherwise. D:

You're probably confusing the fact that the One Plus 2 has the Type-C but doesn't support quick charging.

These prices are really making question which way to go. I love the size of my N5, but if the prices are what they say the 6P seems like the better buy spec-wise. I'd just end up having to actually use a phone holster with a phone that size, I've already cracked my N5 once by having it in my pocket - no way something larger survives or is comfortable.

gcubed

The One Plus Two says 'hi'.

just another reason why that phone is a pile of shit

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/quick-charge/faq

Q6: Does it matter what type of charging cable is used with a Quick Charge 2.0 adapter?
A: Quick Charge 2.0 is designed to be connector-independent. Quick Charge 2.0 can be implemented with a variety of formats, including USB Type-A, USB micro, USB Type-C, and other proprietary connectors.

Quick Charge 2.0 high-voltage operation is designed to minimize charging issues associated with long or thin cables, allowing for a superior charging experience, independent of cable type.

The phone isn't a pile of shit....Seriously for the price it's a hell of a decent phone it's just people have their heads up there ass. every phone has it's issues but only this phone feels the brunt.

The company on the other hand is a pile of shit yes. Bunch of lying kids is what they are.

Exactly. It's still good for the price and will be even better once official cm nightlies are out. Did you see the guy doing the unofficial cm builds already built doze into his 5.1.1 builds? That's pretty impressive.

Saiyan-Rox

Exactly. It's still good for the price and will be even better once official cm nightlies are out. Did you see the guy doing the unofficial cm builds already built doze into his 5.1.1 builds? That's pretty impressive.

Yep the device is well worth it it has it's issues but otherwise it's completely fine/ the only reason I'lll probably get the Nexus tomorrow is because I have an impulse buying problem lol

People need too stop acting like the OP2 is shit. Sure it doesn't have NFC or quick charging but not everyone needs or cares about those and for the price it's still well worth it and when Cyanogen nightlies kick off it'll be worth it more.

and yeah I did see that! really is impressive but I also see that LTE doesn't work on it atm. and since fingerprint won't work at all on 12.1 there's no point flashing it for me.

gcubed

Yep the device is well worth it it has it's issues but otherwise it's completely fine/ the only reason I'lll probably get the Nexus tomorrow is because I have an impulse buying problem lol

People need too stop acting like the OP2 is shit. Sure it doesn't have NFC or quick charging but not everyone needs or cares about those and for the price it's still well worth it and when Cyanogen nightlies kick off it'll be worth it more.

and yeah I did see that! really is impressive but I also see that LTE doesn't work on it atm. and since fingerprint won't work at all on 12.1 there's no point flashing it for me.

the OP-1 wasn't impressive before the Moto X released the next day, and was further unimpressive after that. Its a tweaker phone with subpar software and shoddy build quality backed by a company that is full of fuckwits. The fact that you can't even sell the phone for cost anymore while you still need an invite is enough for this.

daoster

WELP.

I'm either keeping my Nexus 6 (whose battery has gone to the shitter the last couple of weeks) or I'm getting a Z5 or Z5 compact.

the OP-1 wasn't impressive before the Moto X released the next day, and was further unimpressive after that. Its a tweaker phone with subpar software and shoddy build quality backed by a company that is full of fuckwits. The fact that you can't even sell the phone for cost anymore while you still need an invite is enough for this.

It has a premium build quality. Not shoddy at all. You can see this in any review. Much nicer than the Moto X Pure.

Saiyan-Rox

Sure there are better phones out but this doesn't make the phone shit :S it's still a decent device but people treat it like it's covered with diseases. i've been happy enough with it atm just need some software updates or cyanogenmod for the mean time and it'll be more than fine.

Shame the Paranoid Android guys are now being held back by the Google QA and doing things properly.

So if it's $499 USD for the 32GB N6P, then are we looking at $750 for 128GB?

I'm freakin' working off-site tomorrow, and will try to be refreshing the damn Store all day on some other company's WiFi, but any hope of being able to nab a 128 one?

Bad new all around, especially that OIS ... but the worst is the (seemingly) lack of availability in mainland europe. Like WTF Google?????
And the price of the 6P is much more attractive ... but i don't want such a big phone with that dud of a SoC 810 ....

If they don't want to launch globally, fine ... but could they at least launch in every bigger country?

VoxPop

Pixel tablet looks like a perfect compliment to the iPhone. Tablet apps aren't really a big deal to me aside from a handful as I would use the tablet only to watch videos and browse the web. As long as the battery lasts 2 full days, I don't have any complaints. Now I won't need an excuse to buy Android phones any more.

jokkir

No OIS?

bxwyjWD.gif

lol at expecting Google to have some sort of OIS software for the camera hahahaha

Toki767

Wait, seriously?

HawkeyeIC

Hopefully Google has these in reviewers hands now so we get quick reviews and I can make a decision ASAP. Not buying a 6P until I see the reviews, and I'd like to get one before 2016.

I see S6 uses 810 and G4 uses 808. Are there any dowbsites to S6 using the 810? Is it overheating?
The Galaxy S6? As far as i know, it doesn't use a Qualcomm SoC at all, but Samsungs own SoC Exynos.

And the main problem with the 810 is not heat, it's the massive downthrottling that occurs when the phone has some work to do, it gets slower than the 808.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom