• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

No OIS?

bxwyjWD.gif

lol at expecting Google to have some sort of OIS software for the camera hahahaha

they already support it on the current N6.

Thats what i'm assuming you are talking about, because god knows you dont want software based IS

Always compromises with an Android phone. I'll probably order the 6P tomorrow though. I'm returning my OP2 since noone wants to buy it at cost yet.

VoxPop

AP updated the no OIS story:

Update: we've confirmed that the lack of image stabilization is, in fact, due to the new 1.55µm pixels in the image sensor. Presumably that means that the Nexus 5X will include an extra-dense camera sensor as well.

Artem explains:

- larger pixels reduce motion blur
- faster exposure times

I will add to this that, if the 5X and 6P both use the IMX278, the RGBW enables better low light performance, too.

OIS primarily helps reduce the shake that occurs when the camera needs to use a longer exposure time to compensate for low light/slow auto-focus.

SimleuqiR

AP updated the no OIS story:

Artem explains:

I will add to this that, if the 5X and 6P both use the IMX278, the RGBW enables better low light performance, too.

Interesting.
The 5X would be a one year phone for me anyways (just like the Nexus 4 was). I'm hoping to move to Fi next year and I will use it for the second line when I do.

Lunar FC

Ordered myself a M9 dispite everybodies warnings here. I just love HTC products too much to switch to something else. If I reget the purchase Ill be the first to admit it.

kami_sama

The second part looks legit, but I'm taking the first one with a grain of salt. Hope it isn't true. I'll wait for reviews, but it isn't looking good for any of these phones.

ArchAngel

Why do people have problems with the 2GB RAM on the N5X? The N5 was totally fine with it and I don't see why that would change now.
The only Nexus with problems in that regard is the N9 ... horrible ^^

New Anand benchmarks highlighting the importance of DDR4 storage and why SD is stupid in 2015.

http://anandtech.com/show/9662/iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus-preliminary-results

No one uses sd cards for apps, it's all about media.

Why do people have problems with the 2GB RAM on the N5X? The N5 was totally fine with it and I don't see why that would change now.
The only Nexus with problems in that regard is the N9 ... horrible ^^

Because this is mid-to-high range device with disappointing specs.

kami_sama

I want to keep my phone for more that one year. If the next android version (N) makes a jump like the one from KitKat to Lollipop, I don't know of 2GB or ram will cut it.
Doesn't the 6P have Gorilla Glass 4? Why would the 5X have another variant of it?

Cheaper.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
http://www.androidauthority.com/google-pixel-c-android-645019/

pixel-line.jpg

Before you start jumping to conclusions, no, just because it shares the same Pixel sub-brand as two Chromebooks doesn’t mean this is a Chrome OS device. The rumor, first reported by Android Police, says the tablet will offer Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It’s unclear if Google will make any changes to the OS, though we’d say (coming directly from Google) it should be pretty near-stock if not completely vanilla. Other specs will include an Nvidia X1 processor with 3GB of LPRDDR4 RAM, a 10.2-inch display with 308ppi, and USB Type C.

VoxPop

Google better make the 5X $199-249 or its DOA. I still think the back fingerprint sensor is the stupidest thing ever. Who picks up their phone like that?

I'm guessing $549 for 32GB, $599 for 64GB, $649 for 128GB on the 6P. Would preorders be going up tomorrow right after the event?

I'm fine with the 2gb ram for a year but no canada means fuckyougooglefuckyou

If I really can't get it I don't know what I'll do. Either get nothing and keep using my iphone 6 until a good 2016 android phone is out. Or get something else. But everything else is either huge as fuck (6P) or shitty.

kami_sama

Google better make the 5X $199-249 or its DOA. I still think the back fingerprint sensor is the stupidest thing ever. Who picks up their phone like that?

I'm guessing $549 for 32GB, $599 for 64GB, $649 for 128GB on the 6P. Would preorders be going up tomorrow right after the event?

We already know it's $380 for the 5X and $500 for the 6P.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
In anticipation of a potentially new Nex5x: How hard is it to cut a MicroSIM to NanoSIM by myself with a pair of scissors?

It most definitely won't be DOA at the leaked price. $379 is a great price. And the 6P starts at $499.

hitgirl

I'm fine with 2GB, the bigges thing is pricing. The reason the 5 was "the champ" is because it was cheap. If google tries to charge $400 for this phone it won't be "the champ", would just be in the running for a mid teir phone where other manufacturers give you more for less.

If I really can't get it I don't know what I'll do. Either get nothing and keep using my iphone 6 until a good 2016 android phone is out. Or get something else. But everything else is either huge as fuck (6P) or shitty.

Damn, so you Canada? That would be hella disappointing if you can't get one afte rall.

VoxPop

We already know it's $380 for the 5X and $500 for the 6P.

Baroquemantic said:
It most definitely won't be DOA at the leaked price. $379 is a great price. And the 6P starts at $499.

Didn't realize the prices were confirmed. Nobody Reads™

$380 is pretty disappointing. Even 299 is a stretch. $499 for the 6P sounds solid though.

I think you guys overreacting about no OIS and are forgetting about the killer feature in the camera app that will let us all breath easy:

Dirty Lens Detection

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I'm fine with the 2gb ram for a year but no canada means fuckyougooglefuckyou

Well, AP just said we're not on the Pre-Order list. Googs is probably doing a staged launch to better manage their shipments.

Admodieus

Trying to sell myself on the 6P over the Note 5. Having trouble doing it since my business still does contracts with Verizon, meaning I can get the Note 5 cheaper (most likely) and it'll have a better camera.

Well, AP just said we're not on the Pre-Order list. Googs is probably doing a staged launch to better manage their shipments.
Google can stick their stage up their ass. I'm getting a windows phone.

Jkjk. But seriously deciding on a plan B whether it be get something else or nothing till 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom