• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP: Trump dogged by insecurity over popular vote, media coverage, watches TV often

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was me. He clearly thought he would suddenly feel satisfied and respected like he's always wanted, but he was sworn in, moved into the White House, sat at the desk and got called "Mr. President", and...nothing changed, everything was the same, media shitting on him, no one actually respecting him, etc.

I guess he forgot holding his hand up and saying some words, and sitting at the resolute desk doesn't change him being a crude, whiny, low intelligence troglodyte no one has ever respected even for a second. Becoming a big real estate guy like his dad didn't get him respect, being a TV star didn't get him respect, and being President won't get him respect, because he doesn't deserve any and never will.

Well, for him the goal is just respect and admiration from anywhere he actually likes. I mean, he's probably hailed as a god in some town in West Virginia, but Trump hates that country peasant shit. He has always wanted to be a revered wealthy socialite, accepted in those circles in New York.

Well, they fucking hate him there (lost his hometown by a larger margin than anyone in like 100 years, if I remember correctly). So he tries DC instead; and they hate him even more! He wants people to name shit after him without him having to pay them to do it. It'll never happen.

LakeEarth

After all the bullshit Obama had to go through, did Trump really think it was going to be all sunshine and roses once he got the job? The Onion wasnt joking when they called it the worst job in America.

GutsOfThor

Right. Trump doesn't care, so I doubt it has any effect on him. He'll look much the same 4 years from now and might even brag about it.

The presidency comes with an insane moral burden which takes it's toll on the office holders. This won't affect trump since he has no morals.

Buckle

Do we want Trump to have a mental breakdown? Is that ultimately going to be a going thing?
The more cornered he is/his ego feels, the bigger the chances are of him making stupid moves to fight it that will result in him getting sloppier and eventually getting forced out of office.

I know we all make jokes about it but at this point but I wouldn't be fucking surprised if Trump turned out to be the first president to try to censor news media or very visibly put a dent in them or other forms of free speech being used against him.

Its utterly ridiculous but pretty much every move he makes is.

f0lken

Hopefully we get to the point someone on CNN could say "President Trump I dare you to quit but you won´t do it because you are pathetic" and he would resign just out of spite

This jackass is fucking LYING to people about nonsense crowd sizes then acts offended when literally everyone calls him out on it. He's an enormous manchild.

LeleSocho

Banned
I somehow find it hard to believe that he's concerned about what people think of him right now... he's the freaking President of the United States he really can't get better than that... he reached the apex in influence and power that a man can achieve.

Mr.Mike

I somehow find it hard to believe that he's concerned about what people think of him right now... he's the freaking President of the United States he really can't get better than that... he reached the apex in influence and power that a man can achieve.

He managed to undo that before he even started the job. That honour is split between Xi and Merkel right now.

He constantly seeks attention and affirmation. It's literally the only thing that matters to him.

KHarvey16

Clearly you've never known or known of a person with narcissistic personality disorder. He cares about that more than anything. It's the only reason he ever cared about being president.

Buzzman

Banned
vB2hvvt.png

Ithil

You don't seem to understand what kind of a man Trump is. Becoming President is not about "achieving", it's about "winning the biggest contest possible and the big prize". He doesn't care about running the country, he wants everyone to worship him and tell him how great he is, and he thought being president would guarantee that finally happens.

No such luck, he's still despised and looked down upon as a worm. Which is all he cares about, what other people say and think about him.

I'm sure this among other reasons is why he is calling CNN fake news:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/824012413615951873

i am surprised to hear myself saying this, but i am pretty proud of the news media. they are actually doing bits like this and the nytimes and washington post calling it like it is in headlines.

this gopnik piece is good because it makes the distinction between policies we disagree with and threats to our democracy and constitutional freedoms.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/the-music-donald-trump-cant-hear

i was opposed to the bush presidency mostly because he was in favor of policies i disagreed with. trump is a real threat to constitutional freedoms, especially speech/press.

I'm starting to see this as a footrace between impeachment, Trump dying due to stress from his obsessive need to pour over every negative thing said about him in the most visible and arguably reviled position in the world, and the apocalypse.

I can't really see a scenario where this just plays out for four years anymore, honestly.

Yeah. My dad was right. It's never easy being president, no matter who you are, and wears down even the toughest people.

The fact that Trump's this thin-skinned shows that he was in for far, far more than he bargained for. He'll be lucky if he gets re-elected, let alone handle the entire term.

Burt

We're about 4 days out from an executive order saying that the president is the only government employee allowed to use Twitter.

Nice so let's keep fucking with him

Speaking of, has this been posted yet?

http://www.avclub.com/article/get-involved-internet-help-raw-onion-get-more-twit-248971

Get Involved, Internet: Help this raw onion get more Twitter followers than Donald Trump

So it’s the least the Twitter-using public can do to follow @HalfOnionInABag, a Twitter account started on Friday that purports to literally be half of an onion in a plastic bag.

On a related note, how do you embed twitter images?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Did anyone watch that Comedy Central Roast of Trump from 2011?

What were the jokes made? It's clear he responds poorly to certain jabs (hands, money, racism, infidelity) so I wonder what's left.
The Wikipedia article mentions his hair, The Apprentice, and his family. ... Sounds like a pretty weak roast.

And no one respects him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom