• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Anth0ny

they can't possibly be that bad at judging talent when it comes to the nxt call ups, right?

I like to imagine that HHH is just working Vince behind the scenes by sending up all the shit that NXT can live without.

"You want Corbin, look how tall he is!"

hd7rC6V.jpg

"You want Eva, look how fucking hot she is!"

ksq4r.gif

Meanwhile NXT continues to be the best wrestling show in the world with Balor, Joe, Nakamura, Bayley, Asuka and all of the other actual talent. All talent that knock it out of the fucking park with NXT, but would inevitably be RUINED on the main roster.

RBH

Emma vs. Paige on WWE Main Event this week is apparently a pretty good match.

I'll check it out on Hulu later today.

Mahonay

Banned
they can't possibly be that bad at judging talent when it comes to the nxt call ups, right?

I like to imagine that HHH is just working Vince behind the scenes by sending up all the shit that NXT can live without.

hd7rC6V.jpg

ksq4r.gif

Meanwhile NXT continues to be the best wrestling show in the world with Balor, Joe, Nakamura, Bayley, Asuka and all of the other actual talent. All talent that knock it out of the fucking park with NXT, but would inevitably be RUINED on the main roster.

Corbin is a very decent talent.

Also they need to keep a roster of popular talent down in NXT because they need stars to draw when they travel on their own now.
I think mornings are when WrassleGAF turns into Reddit.
I think it's the coffee.

hd7rC6V.jpg

ksq4r.gif

Not exactly. From what I understand, Vince has bookmarked Balor and Bayley as people he wants on the main roster between now and Summerslam, but he just hasn't decided when to debut them yet.

So many homeowners in the WWE these days. If we got a Mania performance from Flo Rida then there wouldn't be so much confusion on who's house it was.

Thanks for mentioning that song. I'd only just got it out of my head, dammit.

Blackaroni, when Bluekaveli is off the bench you should consider forming a tag team called Black n' Blue. Think of the WWE t-shirt potential.

Zack Rydars dad goes to my gym. Was watching Mania and was like "holy shit, that dude goes to my gym" makes sense since Zack is from my home town. His pops is jacked and trains everyday. He had a Wrestlemania camel back bag too.

Anth0ny

Also they need to keep a roster of popular talent down in NXT because they need stars to draw when they travel on their own now.

And lets pray to god it stays like that for a long, long time.

Not exactly. From what I understand, Vince has bookmarked Balor and Bayley as people he wants on the main roster between now and Summerslam, but he just hasn't decided when to debut them yet.

no

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Zack Rydars dad goes to my gym. Was watching Mania and was like "holy shit, that dude goes to my gym" makes sense since Zack is from my home town. His pops is jacked and trains everyday. He had a Wrestlemania camel back bag too.
Did you get his autograph? He touched The Miz so he's worth more than he was last week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah he was a legit bodybuilder too. He knows what it takes.

Mahonay

Banned
Fucking Paige. She bumps into Emma when they confuse what move they're doing next, not even really that noticeable, but Loud Mouth Paige McGee still goes "sorry".

rrc1594

Corbin has become very good in last couple months , also unlike other NXT chumps he cut a promo and sound good on a mic.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking Paige. She bumps into Emma when they confuse what move they're doing next, not even really that noticeable, but Loud Mouth Paige McGee still goes "sorry".
I wish her mom would show up and work a match with her and stiff her to get her back into match shape. She used to be good, or better than what she is, I promise. Please Saraya please please!

Caderfix

Corbin has become very good in last couple months , also unlike other NXT chumps he cut a promo and sound good on a mic.

And he looks like a real threat. I know I say this every time he is mentioned, but he's got all the tools to become WWE's top heel.

Scuttlebutt going round (for like the 3rd time now) that Nikki Storm's off to the PC.

Should do well, I think she wrestled in every ICW show I've been too (only 3 admittedly), and she is good. It was enjoyable seeing her leave ICW kicking and screaming rather than the mass show of respect, thanking the crowd etc, more rare these days.

Honestly, between the promo Corbin cut last week on NXT and his performance at Takeover Dallas, I felt he was ready. When he popped up at Mania I was happy for him. The guy worked his ass off to get where he is. I don't think he needs more time on the road, and I don't think there was much left for him to do in NXT.

Just because others are ready too, or would be likely to be more popular on the main stage, doesn't magically prevent Corbin from being ready. A year ago I was making fun of his belly face and stupidly short matches and his one expression... but now he's honed his character, got into better shape and has shown he can have longer competitive matches... I think he's a good fit on the main roster.

Kane, Taker, Big Show, etc... those guys don't have much left as big heels for smaller underdogs to beat. Let Corbin build up some credibility and there's a spot on the roster for someone like that. I think there always is.

Mahonay

Banned
Honestly, between the promo Corbin cut last week on NXT and his performance at Takeover Dallas, I felt he was ready. When he popped up at Mania I was happy for him. The guy worked his ass off to get where he is. I don't think he needs more time on the road, and I don't think there was much left for him to do in NXT.

Just because others are ready too, or would be likely to be more popular on the main stage, doesn't magically prevent Corbin from being ready. A year ago I was making fun of his belly face and stupidly short matches and his one expression... but now he's honed his character, got into better shape and has shown he can have longer competitive matches... I think he's a good fit on the main roster.

Kane, Taker, Big Show, etc... those guys don't have much left as big heels for smaller underdogs to beat. Let Corbin build up some credibility and there's a spot on the roster for someone like that. I think there always is.
Corbin winning the ARMBAR at Mania was like the only time I cheered.
He is so mediocre in the ring that he will never a good heel.
Huh? He's super solid especially considering how new to wrestling he is. He's added more stuff for a good starting move set.

Sephzilla

Yeah, I actually thought Corbin was pretty ready for a call up. Dude has legit improved a lot since his 10 second squash matches when he first appeared on TV.

The idea of Balor dropping the demon stuff is laughable. That's the thing that's going to have him drowning in merch money when he gets to the main roster. Think about the audience that buys WWE merch. It's not the "Balor Club" audience.

Mahonay

Banned
In term of guys who need to be called Corbin is like 11th.
NXT needs to have a roster that'll draw fans. They can't call up everyone.
The idea of Balor dropping the demon stuff is laughable. That's the thing that's going to have him drowning in merch money when he gets to the main roster. Think about the audience that buys WWE merch. It's not the "Balor Club" audience.
Yeah demon stuff is not going anywhere regardless of how underwhelmed some of us are by it.

Heroman

Banned
NXT needs to have a roster that'll draw fans. They can't call up everyone.

Nxt also is developmental for the main roster which is hurting for new talent, people like joe and Balor should been on the roster by now. While people like crew and corbin needs to stay down there to get better.

Top Bottom