• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Entropia

No One Remembers
Trop did you post about the Wyatts?

Do you know the reason the Wyatts are booked like a joke?

ecause Vince thinks he made another Undertaker so he uses them to make others look strong.

Truth is he made Papa Shango 2. This makes me sad.

I did not post that... didn't wanna upset anyone. :(

Thoughts on each match. I skipped through a lot of it after the first two matches were so offputting so probably not the most fully formed thoughts.

- Genuinely didn't give a fuck about anyone in the ladder match. Even after Sami's great match at NXT it was a reminder of "oh, back to this"

- Terrible, slow boring AJ/Jericho match, worst of their series and WWE signed AJ probably so Bullet Club would stop making so much damn money cos I really have no idea why they did otherwise

- New Day tag of no heat. Boring, Rusev was great as usual though. What the fuck finisher with hilariously awful post match with a bunch of old fat fucks doing stupid nostalgia shit.

- I didn't watch Dean/Brock except for the finish because I have made my peace with Dean being entirely uninteresting in ring and a waste of Brock.

- Women's match was great with a flat finish but new belt made up for it. Well done to all the ladies for the best match on the show.

- Happy that Baron won but it was a WWE Battle Royale in 2016.

- Wyatts made to look a joke for the 461st time. lmao

- Snoozer of a main event with another flat finish. Stephanie was the best part of the entire affair.

In a weekend of Evolve and NXT this felt completely outdated and bloated. Doesn't matter though, massively sold out, huge gate, undoubtedly huge merch takes, sold out Raw.

Nothing will change.

Agreed completely.

It was seven hours of unsatisfying storytelling and repeated heel wins, capped with the most predictable of "fuck what you want" main events. And if you were there live, it was worse because this came after the crowd was kept in the car park for two hours, without shade or water, and without any idea of when the gates would open, which line you were supposed to be in or what was going on. There were numerous reports of fainting and seizures too. So yeah. Unfun in every way, whether you were at home or in the place.

TqWCqoX.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
At this point we can't be crazy to assume the product will get better when Vince leaves the company however that happens. I know I know, "doofus son-in-law" I loved that podcast too, but Triple-H seems to be on the right track.

If you read the AMA from that insider guy, it seems like Vince in the Botched Spot comic is basically accurate.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Joey Samoey should have won in Takeover. I like Balor, the house show tours he does people really like the guy and I'm sure he brings in tons of money for those tours, but... man. Joe should have won. Because now what does Balor do? Unless my boys Baron Corbin or Tye Dillinger get the belt... Balor has everyone beat. Unless Nakamura blazes through the division and wrecks Balor Summerslam weekend?

I am guessing if NXT Takeover Tokyo is legit - you have Balor vs Nakamura for the main title in Tokyo.

WM 32- What could've been

Cena vs Taker Rollins vs Ambrose vs Reigns Wyatt vs Lesnar

Also add in that was also Rock vs HHH planned as well.

Your card is basically

Rock vs HHH - if Rock wins, Authority is gone
Cena vs Taker (US Title?)
WWE WHC: Rollins v Ambrose v Reigns
Beast Incarnate: Lesnar vs Wyatt

Rest basically stays the same, except you might get more in the IC title if Neville and Cesaro aren't injured.

At this point we can't be crazy to assume the product will get better when Vince leaves the company however that happens. I know I know, "doofus son-in-law" I loved that podcast too, but Triple-H seems to be on the right track.

If you read the AMA from that insider guy, it seems like Vince in the Botched Spot comic is basically accurate.

I have my doubts. I won't feel fully comfortable until the reigns are given to Max Landis.

Menome

MENOME DON'T READ

That Reddit insider says Sandow has no apparent future and is likely the next guy released soon

I wasn't going to read this and just post the Larry David indecision .gif

Forgot that quoting spoilers makes them not work.

Guess I'll be looking for Idol Stevens in the Impact Zone.

Am I wrong in thinking she was just doing a suicide dive and adjusted last second when she realized she wasn't going to make it? I'm probably wrong but that's what it looks like.

That's probably what it was. It looks like she might've been short had she kept on with the dive.

I don't mind because it was fucking AMAZING.

UberTag

But then why would he win...
Nobody in the WWE wants change. Having Shane won would have backed them into a corner with that silly stip.

Besides, perhaps three-quarters of the roster cripples themselves heading into Wrestlemania Sun and they need to drive another bag of money up to Undertaker's door again next year.

Oh god wait a minute
What if New Day end up losing the titles to Sheamus & Barrett tonight

Oh god please no
They'll always have their Booty-Os. Nobody can take that away from them.

I need someone to explain to me why Bischoff didn't go through with Sting winning clean at Starrcade. Every instance I've seen of him talking about he never comes right out to say why, just that "Sting didn't seem comfortable" whatever that's supposed to mean.

Toki767

I need someone to explain to me why Bischoff didn't go through with Sting winning clean at Starrcade. Every instance I've seen of him talking about he never comes right out to say why, just that "Sting didn't seem comfortable" whatever that's supposed to mean.
They were trying to introduce Bret but since Patrick didn't make a fast count, everyone but Hogan looked stupid.

Finally getting to the end of Mania and fans were definitely cheering Reigns, loud. Then it's like a switch flipped and they stopped
Fans probably cheered the event being mercifully over rather than Reigns winning.

Top Bottom