• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian-GAF: We're all the same, like Stormtroopers |OT| |AT|

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
The Facebook group is bunny's reverse harem.

Holy crap - it is totally true. Bunny's platonic harem ftw.

EDIT: Damnit, I was going to change the name of the FB group to "Asian GAF - Bunny's harem" - but alas there's only one admin and she's probably not gonna let me do it. :p

Yo how tall are all my Asians here?

I will be here representing my short Asians standing at 5'3". Short and semi-proud of it but these Hmong girls around here are around my height so it ain't no biggie hah

Also, happy spoopy day y'all! (Friday the 13th!!!)

mercviper

5'6" or 5'7" It's somewhere around there.

I used to put my heels on the slight bump in the walls of my parents house when we measured ourselves growing up for the quarter inch height boost.

My license says 5"7 but really I have no clue growing up I always assumed 5"6 to 5"8 so when anyone ask I always just say 5"7, but I don't think I've ever actually measured. Even when I go to the doctors they don't even check they just ask and I just say 7.

5'9- I had an inch and change robbed from me because one of my legs was growing faster than the other which would've led to scoliosis. So the doctors took about some bone from the growth plate area in my left knee when I was 13. I could've been 5'10 with a shitty back damnit!!

I just finished reading the Taiwanese incident thread. Fuck that dude for his tirade...but how about not painting the whole culture (or in this case all Asians) as guilty of this kind of attitude?

SystemBug

5'6-5'7

no idea what my actual height is.

my lil bro, hes like 5'10 - 5'11 and hes still growing (only 16!)

i stopped growing taller around grade 10 or something

Yea, for Asians in general, y'all are tall as fuck lol. Y'all got some good jeans/genes in your systems!

Yea I skimmed that thread and Noped it out of there :/

Erheller

I'm 5'7-ish. I didn't hit my growth spurt until sophomore year in high school, though, so I was tiny compared to my classmates until then.

SystemBug

I'm only 5'6" (aka holy shit you're tall for an Asian girl). I wish I was 2 inches taller, but my dad banned all dairy from our home when I was in high school for fear I would grow too tall for "good Asian boys." My dad is 5'10" and my mom is 5'4". They also discouraged me from wearing heels for the same reason, so I actually couldn't walk in heels until about three months ago.

My partner is (full) Asian... and 6'0". He has horrible posture so I always forget how tall he is until I piss him off and he towers over me all angrily. Oddly enough, almost all the Asian men I met in Houston are TALLLL as fuck... like... all around 6'0"! There's something in the water I think. All my exes were my height, and honestly it made kissing and hugging so much easier. Now my neck will sometimes hurt / be strained when I'm trying to kiss my partner.

[BY THE WAY GUYS I AM ON MY WAY TO TEXAS RIGHT NOW SO EXCITED SO HAPPY SO MUCH BBQ AND QUESO. I PROMISE I'LL TAKE PICTURES.] Just going to be here for a couple days.

does milk actually help you get taller? i drank a lot when i was younger but im still lol, not tall.

have fun in texas. went there two times in my life. so hot that the pavement/road actually starts to melt.

I'm only 5'6" (aka holy shit you're tall for an Asian girl). I wish I was 2 inches taller, but my dad banned all dairy from our home when I was in high school for fear I would grow too tall for "good Asian boys." My dad is 5'10" and my mom is 5'4". They also discouraged me from wearing heels for the same reason, so I actually couldn't walk in heels until about three months ago.

My partner is (full) Asian... and 6'0". He has horrible posture so I always forget how tall he is until I piss him off and he towers over me all angrily. Oddly enough, almost all the Asian men I met in Houston are TALLLL as fuck... like... all around 6'0"! There's something in the water I think. All my exes were my height, and honestly it made kissing and hugging so much easier. Now my neck will sometimes hurt / be strained when I'm trying to kiss my partner.

[BY THE WAY GUYS I AM ON MY WAY TO TEXAS RIGHT NOW SO EXCITED SO HAPPY SO MUCH BBQ AND QUESO. I PROMISE I'LL TAKE PICTURES.] Just going to be here for a couple days.

According to my parents and their friends, it's all that mei guo niu rou that we eat. Your partner grew up eating the good stuff.

Was just riffing on all the jokes I got during high school. Compared to the younger generation and non-Asians I'm pretty average in height now.

cdyhybrid

j4uGRj8.gif

Usobuko

Banned

I will be here representing my short Asians standing at 5'3". Short and semi-proud of it but these Hmong girls around here are around my height so it ain't no biggie hah

177/178 cm so about 5'10.

The average in my country ( Singapore ) is around 170cm. I am around the top 15~20% range during my school years but it seems like kids today eat well and grew up in a better environment.

Every time I bump into these 14-16 secondary school kids, they are like about my height and I was only 170cm back then.

5' 10" seems to be a popular height. Do you guys mind stating your ethnicity? I'm curious if it's mostly Taiwanese guys or another ethnicity (they tend to be taller than others Asians- Viets and Japanese, for example).

I dated a Korean girl who's 5' 8". She loved that she could wear heels and be my height.

SystemBug

5' 10" seems to be a popular height. Do you guys mind stating your ethnicity? I'm curious if it's mostly Taiwanese guys or another ethnicity (they tend to be taller than others Asians- Viets and Japanese, for example).

I dated a Korean girl who's 5' 8". She loved that she could wear heels and be my height.

I'm south asian so theres that.

however I want to point out that a lot of indian friends are taller than men, coming in around 5'10.

I do remember there was this indian kid in my little bros school how was like 6'2 in grade 6.

robox

5'7"
150lbs
black hair, brown eyes
wears glasses

i have a friend who's 6'. says his grandfather was a jockey. the horse riding kind.

zeemumu

I wanted to get my friend a GoPro for Christmas since she's been bringing up wanting a GoPro pretty frequently, but it's out of my price range and I wouldn't be able to gather enough money to buy one until late December at best, and even then it'd be the dirt cheap one.

Aside from that there's not much else going on. No ingredients for me to cook something, worked on my CS project, did some exercise, played some WoW, and now Doctor Who.

5'11 and 1/2. At university I've never noticed Asians being shorter than any other group. To be honest.

My school was filled with Chinese international students and those guys were pretty damn tall.

SRG01

I keep thinking that I'm 5'6", but nope my doctor (and vehicle registration place) keep saying that I'm 5'7".

Kind of strange, because I was 5'6" until my late 20s and somehow grew an extra inch? Not complaining, but growing a full inch seems kind of impossible.

cdyhybrid

I keep thinking that I'm 5'6", but nope my doctor (and vehicle registration place) keep saying that I'm 5'7".

Kind of strange, because I was 5'6" until my late 20s and somehow grew an extra inch? Not complaining, but growing a full inch seems kind of impossible.

Have you improved your posture? Perhaps gotten in better shape?

You could easily gain an inch of height if you were slouching/had poor posture before.

SRG01

Have you improved your posture? Perhaps gotten in better shape?

You could easily gain an inch of height if you were slouching/had poor posture before.

Nope, in fact my posture has probably worsened :D

Maybe it's from ballroom dancing a few years ago, with certain frames and all...

Those of you self conscious about your height. I got bad news for you.....it diminishes with age starting at 40.

Starting at about age 40, people tend to lose about four-tenths of an inch of height every decade, said Dr. David B. Reuben, chief of geriatrics at the David Geffen School of Medicine at U.C.L.A. Some of the height loss occurs as part of the normal aging process, and some because of disease. Our old friend gravity, bane of the first vertical height measurement, also plays a role. “It’s a Newton thing,” said Dr. Reuben, a past president of the American Geriatrics Society.

As we age, the disks between the vertebrae of the spine, sometimes described as gel-like cushions, dry out and become thinner, with the result that the spine becomes compressed.

5'7" Taiwanese guy
Hovering in the low 170s after losing 15 lbs for my wedding. Trying to get it to 165 but it's rough. Thankfully I don't look overweight, just muscular, even though that too is a lie.

Over the weekend I had an interesting discussion with a white friend who was upset that she would potentially look racist if she wanted to touch a black person's hair. We finally reached the conclusion that touching hair in general is actually kind of gross. Then we played D&D, which went ok.

Haha, dancing's pretty fun, but I quit because I no longer found it enjoyable. Maybe I'll go back if I can find a permanent dance partner...

aaaaah why didn't you find it enjoyable ? is it hard to find perma dance partner?

i never can dance im too inhibited

but i admire people who can ! any dance !

modern stuff is very cool *_____* but i love classical/ ball room dance. huhuhu so lovely, specially the men in tuxes asldhkajsfsdfgsdjhgfdjfgdfg

<3

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

5'4" - Indian. I'm like 6 inches shorter then my brother, but taller then my parents. Huh. Based on earlier marks I was probably going to be closer to 5'9 / 5'10 (my mom's dad was 6 ft+, and my mom's brother is 6ft+) - but they think the chemo nuked my incoming growth spurt dead, lol. Ah well; the missus is about my height so it works out.

A) Yay for Texas BBQ
B) I feel like such a shrimp out here in Seattle, lol.
C) If it were anywhere but Asian culture, the idea that your parents banned dairy so you'd stop growing so that you'd be OK for meeting "good asian guys" would be so messed up it would be sad. But everyone read that in this thread and was like "hrm..sounds about right for something Asian parents would do."

Man I love our culture - but it is weeeeird sometimes lol.

Top Bottom