• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian-GAF: We're all the same, like Stormtroopers |OT| |AT|

SRG01

My parents have always tipped 10% at asian places. And almost all asian places have been ok with 10%, and many just put mandatory 10%. Toronto, for reference.

I'm always embarrassed when they stick to this 10% at western places, so now I've insisted on paying and do the minimum 15%.

Funny cause this was something I learned back in HK/China when I was back a few months ago:
HK used to tip, but it's dropping. 5%-10% is acceptable, but frankly people just leave change.
China doesn't tip. In fact, leaving money on the table is seen as a bad thing, as if leaving money to beggars on the street.

Of course, both of those rules are ignored if you go to a westernized place in China, like western hotel chains.

I used to tip 10% but my students shamed me into tipping 15%...

Toki767

I tip anywhere between 15-25% depending on service.

Though since I have friends who work in restaurants, I also stack plates together in Asian restaurants so that the waiters/waitresses can have an easier time cleaning up.

I also only tip with cash, because tipping using card incurs fees so the workers don't get the full tip amount.

but no really. some of these Asian restaurants need training. maybe it's just the ones i go to. it's not 4 star place so i guess i get what i pay for but man, some of these people can suck the fun out of experience.

Awww /patpatpatpatpat

I saw that thread. I don't know what to tell you, expect that you should find a new job.

But yeah... stand up for yourself! I know we're usually told to just apologize and stuff, but in America (and other Asian countries, I assume), it's all about posturing and shit.

I'm really bad at it myself, TBH. I usually just say sorry and move on. But it's time for u to cast off our meekness and be assertive!

edit: Holy shit at the "are you a native English speaker" line.

Do people ask that anymore? There wasn't a single thing that signalled you might not be a native English speaker.

Thanks buddy. I'm updating my resume now. A ex co worker is trying to find a position at her work place for me.

The funny thing is, my manager is not a native English speaker, and half the time I have trouble understanding what he wants from me. He is also Chinese.

That's probably all you can do.. but to be totally honest with you, if your manager is Chinese, and s/he is the only one that can let you go, you're probably not going to be let go. I notice that minorities tend to stick together in the workplace... not just small mom & pop shops, but also large multinational corporations.

I'd still leave, but you should tell your direct manager what happened, why, and get a letter of rec from him/her.

I just thought the comment was so dumb-- obviously because you're Chinese, maybe you're not a native speaker. $1000 dollars says the poster would never have asked it if you didn't mention you were Chinese.
He is my direct manager, and we don't get along well.

You're right I have to get out as soon as possible.

Bunny, I don't think I can afford a $ 1000 dollars bet right now. :p

Do people ask that anymore? There wasn't a single thing that signalled you might not be a native English speaker.
Sure there was. He said he was Chinese.

In elementary school, I was thrown into an ESL class on my first day of first grade. Nevermind that I was born in the US.

Anyway, the lesson is clear: never talk to HR. Just don't.

Sure there was. He said he was Chinese.

In elementary school, I was thrown into an ESL class on my first day of first grade. Nevermind that I was born in the US.

LOL

This reminds me of my old days in school. Me and all the Hmong kids were in ESL for years, hell maybe all 6 years I was in Elementary School. And all of us were born and raised in a America and spoke perfect American English. I remember moving to NC when I was in 7th grade and the school had me tested to see how good my English was. I was offended by this and made sure to answer everything correctly. If I had a chance to do it over again, I would have just acted stupid and played along.

Even in High School some of my Hmong classmates were in some kind of ESL class even though all of them again were born and raised in this country and spoke English perfectly fine. I was jealous that I wasn't in there with them so I could get away from one of my regular classes and hang out with them lol.

Wrong Asians Bunny, unfortunately my group hasn't done so well since settling in America.

http://diverseeducation.com/article/53790/

All I can say is that we came from nothing. We were nothing more than just simple farmers living in isolated communities. Even in Asia we were a minority group. So when we came over to America, our parents didn't have these crazy expectations to push to us be to Doctors or Lawyers. I hope we can make a strong rebound in the coming generations and live up to some of the better stereotypes that some of you guys have been subject to :p

Was reading this tipping thread and was wondering how much you guys tipped, and whether that differed by type of restaurant. I live in Canada and I usually tip about 15% at non-Asian restaurants after tax. For Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc.) I always tip 10% after tax, no more. What about you guys?

Edit: Also, I do not tip at coffee places, ever. What the fuck.

15% across the board..I hate tipping culture in the US...just make food more expensive or put some type of service charge on the bill. I hate the ambiguity that has ensued from this practice.

15% across the board..I hate tipping culture in the US...just make food more expensive or put some type of service charge on the bill. I hate the ambiguity that has ensued from this practice.
No tipping in Australia o/

💃🎆🎇🎉🎊🎶🍕🍔🍖🍗🍘🍙🍚🍛🍜🍝🍞🍟🍠🍡🍣🍤🍥🍦🍧🍨🍩🍰🍲💃

Oh, sorry, I should have made it clear. I am well aware of the Hmong ethnic group and the troubles y'all face-- I was born in Minnesota, and my parents lived there for some time before moving to CA.

It's tough being refugees after being persecuted... I was making more of a joke about being Asian than anything else.

:D

No, I understood you. It's my fault, I get too carried away sometimes with these explanations because I always assume nobody has ever heard of my people unless they've seen Gran Torino or they live in the St. Paul-Minneapolis metro(which I guess you have lol). Sorry about that.

As for tipping, I guess I'm a 20% kind of guy most of the time. But if it gets a little too expensive I tend to stick with $5 tip even if I spend 30+.

Argyle

Sorry, haven't had a chance to reply, and I know the conversation has drifted away from this but wanted to respond...

Very interesting stuff. Despite dating and maintaining a long distance relationship with a girl from Japan, I didn't realize that Japanese culture had such strong patriarchal sexism. At least to such an extent that seems abnormal compared to other Asian cultures. It definitely reminds me of the familial issues the many of my Indian friends have, as it seems like the fathers have issues with control.

Then again, you said they are 3rd generation and probably have a distorted view of their own culture. When it comes to non-Indian Asian families Ive observed with issues (Chinese, Vietnamese, Cambodian, and Filipino), I've mostly noticed the insanity coming from the mom.

It's hard to say what is "normal" - for the record my father is also Japanese-American, a bit older than my in-laws but also third generation. Our family has its quirks but it's not really the same as how my in-laws behave. I'm kinda inclined to chalk it up to "that's the way her father really wants it to be," whether that is common or not in Japan is something I wouldn't feel qualified to answer...but the samurai dad is a stereotype IMHO.

Crazy family story? OK here's mine, and it involves me. Oh and sorry, I'm going to make it long.

A long time ago in a country far far away from America, my 1st cousin(who is much older than me)decided to get married. For Hmong weddings, the husbands are expected to pay a dowry to their wife's family. The amount is normally determined by having a group from both sides come together and come to an agreement on the price. The the time varies but it can take quite a while. This was the late 70s I think so the fee was different back then. My side paid $500 and supposedly(according to their side) we agreed that if more people from both our families wed, it will stay $500.

Fast forward to 1993. My other first cousin's(the older brother of the previous cousin I mentioned) daughter and a boy from that family hook up. They're all in Cali right now but my 1st cousin is moving his family to NC. His daughter and her boyfriend don't want to lose each other so they decide to get married. They expect to only pay $500 but my cousin is like "fuck that, $5,000 bitches". We're all poor, but his family is even poorer and can't afford it. The boyfriend refuses to leave my cousins house and spends a whole week there. Knowing that his son won't leave his girl, his father goes to all his relatives and begs for money to pay the dowry. He finally gets the cash and pays the dowry. Normally we're supposed to have a traditional wedding after this, but their is no wedding. They just pay my cousin and that's that. So now their is bad blood between our families. Which doesn't really matter because my whole extended family all moved to NC(where I live now). So it's not like we're ever going to deal with them again...oops.

Fast forward to December 2008. My cousin(the son of the previous cousin I mentioned and is my age) is talking to some girl in Cali and is going to visit her around Xmas time and he's going to stay at his sisters place(the same couple from the previous paragraph). I wasn't planning on going but decide to at the last second. So we go and I meet the younger sister of my cousins husband. We hit it off and get along really well the whole week I'm there. I decide to try and talk to her and we end up having a long distance relationship for 5 years. It was hard and we came really close to breaking up once. But it worked out and we decide to get married.

Now the whole time my parents knew exactly who I was talking to when I first told them. They never discouraged me from talking to her, but they were concerned about dealing with that family again. So we're over there and it turns out the discussions about the dowry isn't going well. I'm not in the room so I don't know what's going on but I'm hearing a bunch of stuff like how the past is constantly being brought up and they're making it difficult or we're making it difficult. I'm even told by my father that if they can't come to an agreement, I'll have to ask my wife to just walk out with me. This is the situation she was most afraid of because it's like her turning her back on her family. Plus she had family telling her she better not leave with me if things don't work out. She was in tears from this and I had to console her. But after hours upon hours of discussions, they finally come to an agreement and we get married and I got the fuck out of there.

Sorry again for making it so long and sorry if you got lost trying to keep track of my family. I figure since you guys are also Asian, you could follow it a little better lol. But anyways I'm not traditional at all and I honestly hate a lot of our rules and customs, including weddings. Instead of being about celebrating my wife and I coming together in matrimony, Hmong weddings are basically a dick measuring contest. It's basically both sides going off on each other about who wronged each other more and why we should pay more or less because of that. And then their were a bunch of other stuff I had to do like chop a pig, deal with dozens of lectures, bow to 100 or so of my wife's relatives, and so on. Basically that was the worse weekend of my life lol.

Holy shit. I can barely imagine. That must have been nervewracking! I'm glad they came to an agreement and it didn't come to the worst case scenario.

The week when my father-in-law decided to throw down his ultimatum was a nail biter for me - mainly because ultimately it was up to my wife to decide to deal with it. All I could do is tell her what I think and then let her decide...it's her family after all. Realistically though, if she decided to postpone the wedding, I would have called it off because fuck living under the thumb of someone who hates you. (I'd have to do anything he said because after that he could just threaten us with another ultimatum and then here we are again.) On the other hand, if I threw down an ultimatum of my own ("if you postpone the wedding I'm outta here"), doesn't that make me just as much of a manipulative asshole? So I had to bite my tongue and hope things worked out...

💃🎆🎇🎉🎊🎶🍕🍔🍖🍗🍘🍙🍚🍛🍜🍝🍞🍟🍠🍡🍣🍤🍥🍦🍧🍨🍩🍰🍲💃

YesNO. <3

Sorry, haven't had a chance to reply, and I know the conversation has drifted away from this but wanted to respond...

It's hard to say what is "normal" - for the record my father is also Japanese-American, a bit older than my in-laws but also third generation. Our family has its quirks but it's not really the same as how my in-laws behave. I'm kinda inclined to chalk it up to "that's the way her father really wants it to be," whether that is common or not in Japan is something I wouldn't feel qualified to answer...but the samurai dad is a stereotype IMHO.

Holy shit. I can barely imagine. That must have been nervewracking! I'm glad they came to an agreement and it didn't come to the worst case scenario.

The week when my father-in-law decided to throw down his ultimatum was a nail biter for me - mainly because ultimately it was up to my wife to decide to deal with it. All I could do is tell her what I think and then let her decide...it's her family after all. Realistically though, if she decided to postpone the wedding, I would have called it off because fuck living under the thumb of someone who hates you. (I'd have to do anything he said because after that he could just threaten us with another ultimatum and then here we are again.) On the other hand, if I threw down an ultimatum of my own ("if you postpone the wedding I'm outta here"), doesn't that make me just as much of a manipulative asshole? So I had to bite my tongue and hope things worked out...

People love power. I don't get it. I've seen healthy relationships of grown kids with their parents who are supportive and keep in fairly constant communication. Of course you'll have the ones that try to control everything and makes everyone miserable.

I guess I'm too independent and not caring about my own cultural "norms" since I don't have an inherent desire to succumb to others' wishes. It doesn't mean I don't respect my cultural background.

I hope your situation improves for the better - stress kills.

&#128131;&#127878;&#127879;&#127881;&#127882;&#127926;&#127829;&#127828;&#127830;&#127831;&#127832;&#127833;&#127834;&#127835;&#127836;&#127837;&#127838;&#127839;&#127840;&#127841;&#127843;&#127844;&#127845;&#127846;&#127847;&#127848;&#127849;&#127856;&#127858;&#128131;

It's refreshing traveling to a place where there's no tipping culture. It's also great to travel to a place where sales tax is included in the price of the item.

No, I understood you. It's my fault, I get too carried away sometimes with these explanations because I always assume nobody has ever heard of my people unless they've seen Gran Torino or they live in the St. Paul-Minneapolis metro(which I guess you have lol). Sorry about that.

As for tipping, I guess I'm a 20% kind of guy most of the time. But if it gets a little too expensive I tend to stick with $5 tip even if I spend 30+.

My dad tips 10% if the bill goes over $150. On one hand I feel a bit guilty when I see this happen so I normally just quietly cover the difference. On the other hand, I do see his point at certain times (small dinner party/it's not like they rolled out amazing service/we just ordered a more expensive wine etc../more expensive dishes).

I honestly don't understand why it's such a problem for so many people. If you know it's expected, just accommodate for it. It's just like sales tax.

StMeph

I honestly don't understand why it's such a problem for so many people. If you know it's expected, just accommodate for it. It's just like sales tax.

Everyone involved in the system prefers it as-is. Restaurants because the majority of a server's wage is now the patron's responsibility, and their prices can appear lower for it. Even servers prefer the randomness of tipping even though I remember reading that a flat hourly wage or flat fee generates higher incomes over time. The only variable left are the patrons, and even there many prefer the sense of control/choice offered through a tip.

There's a lot of general ire against required/minimum gratuities and service charges.

So, I ended up getting a haircut.. I'm not very proud of it. :p Oh well, it's what I get for not choosing my friend this time. &#9582;(&#9583;&#9661;&#9584;)&#9581;

15817699493_ba6c0eb0f7_b.jpg

Baaaaaatsssyyyy aaaaawwwyaaaaaasssss

&#128150;

Waaaah! &#12542;(*´&#8704;&#65344;*)&#65417;

*hugs*

Argyle

People love power. I don't get it. I've seen healthy relationships of grown kids with their parents who are supportive and keep in fairly constant communication. Of course you'll have the ones that try to control everything and makes everyone miserable.

I guess I'm too independent and not caring about my own cultural "norms" since I don't have an inherent desire to succumb to others' wishes. It doesn't mean I don't respect my cultural background.

Well, both of us are good, I think. It's been a few years now and like I said, we leave the door open for him but honestly I know I don't care what he thinks anymore.

My mother-in-law has suggested that I apologize to him but 1) for what? and 2) I already did that a few years ago and it went over like a lead balloon. It's kind of sad because I think that she wants to have that close, mutually supportive relationship, but the way they treat us pretty much prevents that from happening.

My Japanese ex's dad passed away when she was young, so I never ran into that problem. And my fiancee's dad is always friendly. But he has his share of problems, and my fiancee kind of hates him. I guess I've just been super lucky to have never met a samurai dad or a shotgun brandishing dad, or whatever. Same luck with moms too.

It depends on how you make the ultimatum. If you just drop the "my way or I'm out" line then yeah, you're kind of being jerky. But if you talk things through and lay out how you feel and why you think you'd have to call it quits if she gave in to her father's unreasonable demands, then that's perfectly ok.

I always hear about these kind of people, the ones that are extremely selfish, petty, and power-hungry, but I guess I've just been lucky enough to avoid them. I'm pretty careful about who I make friends with in general, so that probably helps.

I wish I could say I respect my culture, but to me that seems to assume something about my culture meaning something more to me than the sum of its parts. And it doesn't. I respect the history behind my "people" and love certain things that stem from my culture, but that's about it. I'm usually uncomfortable with people that make their culture out to be more than that. Same thing with religion. But that's on me I guess. As long as people aren't being jerks about it, they should enjoy and believe in whatever they want.

Hey, no, I think you should definitely let people be aware of the struggles that the Hmong had to face. I mean, from what my parents told me, y'all basically went through an attempted genocide after y'all supported the US gov in Laos, which is part of the reason the US gov took so many refugees. & yeah, I actually was born in St. Paul :).

It's important for others to understand about what happened, and I honestly do think it's really important for people to learn about or at least understand what it means to be a Hmong refugee in the US. Many Asians aren't even aware of what happened, and you know... not to sound like some sort of "us versus them" mentality nut, but if even us Asians don't care about what happens to our fellow yellows, who will?

https://sites.google.com/a/umn.edu/...t/the-secret-war-and-hmong-genocide-fall-2012

I never knew any of this. I've only heard of the Hmong because I worked on a dating website for Hmong people about 10 years ago. At the time I just figured it was another type of Asian I had never heard of before, like Laotian and Cambodian. I think this thread is the 3rd time I've heard of them (the 2nd being Grand Torino) and I was definitley not aware of what happened to them.

I'm being worn out by this bull shit at work.

I'm probably going to have to resign before the week is over.

You don't have to put up with all that bullcrap. You'll be crushing it at a new job in no time!

So, I ended up getting a haircut.. I'm not very proud of it. :p Oh well, it's what I get for not choosing my friend this time. &#9582;(&#9583;&#9661;&#9584;)&#9581;

Waaaah! &#12542;(*´&#8704;&#65344;*)&#65417;

*hugs*

aaaaaaah side-sweeping long fringe is so hard to pull off well but i think you come across very arty like. w..was that the intention??? artsy batsy~

re: japanese stuff. my japanese side of the family is very ... uh 'dignified' for lack of better words and my cantonese side is more upbeat and garish and group-activities driven. not sure if that adds to the conversation haha~

aaaaaaah side-sweeping long fringe is so hard to pull off well but i think you come across very arty like. w..was that the intention??? artsy batsy~

Oh no, I had no intentions whatsoever. I just wanted to try something new for a change. :3 I like the thought of looking more artsy though, haha.

It doesn't help that I have facial hair growing.. I'm only growing it because people want to see me with it.

I hate facial hair on myself. (´&#65381;_&#65381;`)

Also! The guy ruined the back my head.. (&#65507;< &#65507;)>

Oh no, I had no intentions whatsoever. I just wanted to try something new for a change. :3 I like the thought of looking more artsy though, haha.

It doesn't help that I have facial hair growing.. I'm only growing it because people want to see me with it.

I hate facial hair on myself. (´&#65381;_&#65381;`)

Also! The guy ruined the back my head.. (&#65507;< &#65507;)>

men with well groomed facial hair is super hawt tho

and yea, artsy-look is pretty appealing. idk. theres something about artists that both attract me and confronts me. ha ha .___.

seductiv, aaaaaaaaah i just read up on your worky issue. that sux though. i think he's harassing you by now. have you been documenting the events? document your apology and everything to back your case up. he can 'say' that your apologies are not sincere or whatever, but if you got proof that you attempted to rectify the situation, it's on his onus to prove that he also try to overcome the issue. if he continue to refuse to reconcile, then he is frustrating the case and that is on him.

seductiv, aaaaaaaaah i just read up on your worky issue. that sux though. i think he's harassing you by now. have you been documenting the events? document your apology and everything to back your case up. he can 'say' that your apologies are not sincere or whatever, but if you got proof that you attempted to rectify the situation, it's on his onus to prove that he also try to overcome the issue. if he continue to refuse to reconcile, then he is frustrating the case and that is on him.

The first 3 apologies was in person so I don't have any documentations on that, but the 4th apology, my manager was there to mediate and he heard it. All three of us agreed the incident is resolved then today happened.

I plan leaving soon. I'm bummed and angry that I gave this company nearly a decade and I have to go out like this. I wanted to leave cause the pay sucks, but not like this.

The first 3 apologies was in person so I don't have any documentations on that, but the 4th apology, my manager was there to mediate and he heard it. All three of us agreed the incident is resolved then today happened.

I plan leaving soon. I'm bummed and angry that I gave this company nearly a decade and I have to go out like this. I wanted to leave cause the pay sucks, but not like this.

that's a shame! a decade of work! :<

im so sorry to hear that you've decided to go but i totally understand the emotions

i hope you will find a better job (with a better pay!) and soon

hugs are here if you wants/needs them

that's a shame! a decade of work! :<

im so sorry to hear that you've decided to go but i totally understand the emotions

i hope you will find a better job (with a better pay!) and soon

hugs are here if you wants/needs them

ahmigod

My very wise oppa told me that the best way to increase your salary is to leave companies every 2 years. After the first few jobs, every 5 years.

I didn't mean to follow his advice, but in three years my salary doubled from a few job switches and picking up of valuable skills.

Good luck!

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. My friend and co worker are saying I should not put in my 2 weeks unless I have another job lined up. I don't want to be fired on the pretense of being a racist. I would rather put in my 2 weeks.

I think he's gonna flip a lid again tomorrow so i don't know how long I'll be here but this is either gonna be right after or before Chinese New Year. If my mom finds out, shes gonna have a fit ugh

jasonng

How is she rolling on the table when her feet is dangling off the table? Why is she all white? Why is her coworker's legs just as pale as hers?

I have questions.

Now that I think about it, I don't know how Chinese restaurants work. We do tip, but it's usually between 5 to 10 dollars. We give tips as a courtesy, not because we think those are the rules. I never stopped to wonder if Chinese servers suffer the same problems. Does anyone know?

jasonng

Traditional Asian spots tend to pool the tips and cut it in percentages depending on the position. I'm sure not all restaurants do it but I'm willing to bet it's common.

What I have notice is that there are less designated positions in Asian service. Where traditional restaurants breaks down to bartenders, waiters, hosts, runners, busboy, etc, Asian style is more "everyone does everything." The staff is instead split to just the kitchen and the service.

Filipino gaffer here.

On tips: 25% at least even if the service is shitty. I especially make sure asian waiters get that much. They get the food to you fast. Fuck that 5 to 10 dollar cause theyre asian malarky. Also I give at least 3 dollars for delivery. Usually 4. My barber gets 5 bucks for a 15 dollar haurcut. I should give him a 20 though. When im rich I will.

On weddings: Didn't ask her parents for permission. Her mom was pissed. She'll get over it.

On Hollywood's representation of asians: Used to not care but the older I get the more grating its become. I grew up in the 90s so casual racism was the norm- but now I cant stand coons like Ken Jeong. Shits not funny. Thank god for people like Eddie Huang fighting the good fight.

On chink in the armor: Huge overreaction and a reason why I cant 100% get behind some of the poc movement like Suey Park. Misguided activism. I tey to read up on the issues since there are some serious issues that America has to face, but a lot of issues people tackle are too manufactured for my taste. Which is a shame. I feel there are a lot of people like me who are alienated by the whole 'tumblr activism' movement. They want to participate but dont want to be associated with....that

On asian food: Pork ithe best and I love filipino food, but it was not meant to be eaten with American sized portions. Really a disastrous combination.

On Pac vs Mayweather: Pac wants it, unfortunately Arum is a scumbag. It's all Arum. He's a master at milking Pac for all he's worth.

On anime: I oiked Trigun and Dragonball, but a lot of it is incoherent and then that moe shit..Also a fan of Miyazaki though. Him calling out other anime writers was hilarious.

Did I miss anything? I'll edit this post for things I missed later.

Well, both of us are good, I think. It's been a few years now and like I said, we leave the door open for him but honestly I know I don't care what he thinks anymore.

My mother-in-law has suggested that I apologize to him but 1) for what? and 2) I already did that a few years ago and it went over like a lead balloon. It's kind of sad because I think that she wants to have that close, mutually supportive relationship, but the way they treat us pretty much prevents that from happening.

Good on you man, if he wants to be a part of his daughters life he'll accept you. None of it is on you.

The way I look at it is I have to much to worry about on top of having to worry about your tradition bullshit. If someone's going to let their pride get in the way of becoming re conciliatory and doing the right thing then its on them. Life's too short for the drama. You can only control what you can control.

On chink in the armor: Huge overreaction and a reason why I cant 100% get behind some of the poc movement like Suey Park. Misguided activism. I tey to read up on the issues since there are some serious issues that America has to face, but a lot of issues people tackle are too manufactured for my taste. Which is a shame. I feel there are a lot of people like me who are alienated by the whole 'tumblr activism' movement. They want to participate but dont want to be associated with....that

I'm with you. While I understand Suey Park's earlier stands like the whole "not your asian sidekick" thing, she was completely off-base with the Colbert thing. She didn't get the fact that this was lambasting and satirizing the Redskins issue. Granted, the tweet without any context was stupid, but by the time she realized what exactly had happened, she was too far in and worse yet, instead of going "whoops, I misunderstood," she double-downed, said that her actions were a type of satire too, and just looked completely foolish.

Overall in general, I think the whole tumblr/hashtag activism is a horrible way to try to warrant change and all it does is make movements seem lazy and whiny.

Top Bottom