• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian-GAF: We're all the same, like Stormtroopers |OT| |AT|

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Heh; I try to be an open book fwiw. :D I just need to keep track of the PNW Asian-GAFers and the SoCal Asian GAFers (so when I come visit you can SPOIL ME WITH ALL THE FOOD).

Oh you two :þ

I am a fairly open book, although I have been trying to cut back on the random exposition >.>
For example, I just confirmed that you do search for your username on a fairly consistent basis. I can't even imagine how long it would take to do that from AOL. =)

Should have said hi!
Would you say hi if you saw a GAFer but weren't sure if he/she actually is one?

I was at a wedding over the weekend, and there was a girl there who I knew from high school. She and I kept looking at each other because we thought we recognized each other but weren't sure. We didn't actually say hi until well into the night.

terrisus

Oh yeah, I know I said I was out of this topic since I didn't really fit, but, one more comment on this:

Oh, also, is it just me, or do you also make it a point to try to memorize personal information various posters reveal about themselves so that you feel like you can better connect with them in a personal way?

I think I know a fair amount about some of the people in this thread, as well as posters like terrisus, who drop personal details all the time.

Never forget:

JoshuaJSlone
I AM A STALKER - DON'T TELL ME PERSONAL SHIT ABOUT YOU

beat

Oh, also, is it just me, or do you also make it a point to try to memorize personal information various posters reveal about themselves so that you feel like you can better connect with them in a personal way?

I think I know a fair amount about some of the people in this thread, as well as posters like terrisus, who drop personal details all the time.
I only pop in to this thread very occasionally, but in any case I'm usually guarded about what I say about my life on NeoGAF. <shrug>

Erheller

Woah, I've actually been to Class 302 before.

Every time I pop into this thread everyone's talking about good food places I missed in California. I should start making a list for my next visit.

terrisus

Yeah, I know, it even says in the OP that everyone is welcome...

Just, I post enough in the general OT where most everyone is sick of seeing me there already...
I generally stay out of most Community threads, though. Gives people a break from me, at least...

Oh, delicious dish?...
I like cheese ravioli. It's a typical staple at whatever Italian restaurant you have around >.>

I haven't been out to the western part of the US since being out in Redmond for a couple of weeks in 2001 and again in 2002, and prior to that spending a week in San Clemente, California in 1994 >.>

zeemumu

Well I've tried to make these before
Crispy peanut butter marshmallow brownies
Crispy-Peanut-Butter-Marshmallow-Brownies-0845.jpg

They came out okay.

And I make these all the time
Crab-stuffed mushrooms

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Let me make this as clear as I can.

Everyone. Is. Welcome.

We spend our lives trying to express our differences. Let us instead celebrate our common bonds. Period.

zeemumu

Am I the only console-only player here?

I'm a little bit of both. Consoles mostly for the exclusives and games that I know would run like shit on Steam.

Backslashbunny I'm still baffled by how much you've managed to avoid the console world, especially when you've been on GAF for so long.

suzu

I only play console games if they're exclusive, but I still haven't bought any current gen consoles. I borrow other ppl's if I really want to play something though. lol. I'm mostly on PC and 3DS.

:)

jkjk
ish

MODS!! Ban hammer!!
bless PC gaming

Not really interested in HOTS as I can't fathom learning another after DOTA2. I don't even play DOTA anymore.

That said I'm eagerly anticipating Overwatch.

Anyone aside from Gully State play Hearthstone?
You're on my friend list right? I could use some more casual opponents

Speaking of Hearthstone.. I wish I had more time to actually play it. I love arena but because there are stakes involved(low ass stakes too.. I'm just no good with gambling ), I have queue anxiety. I also regret spending so much money on packs as I don't find constructed all that interesting.

Erheller

I'm mostly a PC gamer, although I still get good use out of my PS3 and (last-gen) handhelds.

I played a couple of MOBA's (HoN, Dota 2, League) several years ago, but I never really enjoyed them. :/

My PC is a out dated but still using it for most of my gaming.

I use the PS4 once in a while and been in a 3DS binge lately. Got to get my farm on with Story of seasons. I got myself a bunny today.

Sober

A few weeks old and I made the joke somewhere else, but I have to say it:

Asian guys have made it. I mean, look at this trailer for an upcoming fall show on the CW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ctFmXGm_yE

It's about a white woman obsessing over an Asian dude. We've now become objects of desire. So much that we don't even need to be on screen as a character with actual agency!

Drop the balloons and rejoice.

mostly sarcasm

SRG01

Asian guys have made it. I mean, look at this trailer for an upcoming fall show on the CW

It's about a white woman obsessing over an Asian dude. We've now become objects of desire. So much that we don't even need to be on screen as a character with actual agency!

mostly sarcasm

Hahahahaha, this looks so amazing.

Hey y'all I totally had a crazy idea that I like.

WE SHOULD START A FOOD SPREADSHEET. Like, our own version of yelp. I'm sure some of us visit other places and want to know what's good to eat!

1. Make a throwaway email (or your real one, idc).
2. Ask to be invited to THIS spreadsheet.
3. ????
4. Profit.

We could break it down by general locale, with a focus on Asian food.

I'd love to see everyone's recommendations!

Make your location / area by sheet..I'm obviously not done with it.
How do I get invited? I'm going to Urasawa in about a week, so I'd be anxious to add that.

mostly sarcasm
Awww, ye-uh!

I might watch it, though.

Double post: T. rex Autopsy tonight, guys!

Also, check out this gem that I picked up recently:

IMG_20150607_190608.jpg

This is the recipe book for all the stuff they serve on Princess Cruises. Stuff like this:

0e7a5525-121c-4d08-b55b-1df05f1f88ce.jpg

I can't wait to try some of these out!

SRG01

It's a penny on Amazon right now, plus $3.99 shipping.

The newer edition is also available for a penny!

*edit: @ Cybit - You should add the spreadsheet to the first post, and also contribute yourself! I'd love to see some examples of really good Indian food, etc.

Tempting... even cheap shipping to Canada. I found an equivalent at amazon.ca too.

I've been taking a gander at this particular book:

It's super expensive, but Migoya is amazing...

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Link to the relevant post added to first post, as well as pointing out that this thread is very dangerous if you come hungry.

Top Bottom