• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asphalt 9 and other Gameloft games will get Xbox Live support - XboxLive is the most broadly used social network in gaming.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Today, Gameloft announced that Xbox Live is coming to its select mobile games, starting with Asphalt 9: Legends, Asphalt 8: Airborne, and Dragon Mania Legends. The company said that "this provides gamers streamlined access to popular Xbox Live features and functionality newly available on mobile."
Players will be able to unlock Xbox Achievements, view their Xbox friends list, and compare their rankings with Xbox Leaderboards, and more. Gameloft's head Baudouin Corman said the following on the announcement.
We are thrilled to be partnering up with Microsoft to bring the Xbox Live network into Gameloft's flagship games. As one of the first partners to support Xbox Live on mobile devices, we seek to provide to our community more ways to experience our games and extend their fun, while seamlessly continuing to bring console, PC and mobile together.
The new Xbox Live updates will be coming to these games in the coming year. That's not all though, Gameloft said that more features and announcements to be made in the future.

Gamezone

Gold Member
At the center?

We're still forced having to buy consoles with Windows 10 to enjoy XBL, even though most PCs run the same OS.

zeorhymer

Sounds like they're transitioning from hardware to software considering that they partnered with Nintendo recently.

Shifty

Xbox Live counts as a social network? I guess if you're speaking literally...

It's interesting to see them expanding the service to other platforms. I always think Games for Windows Live when something like this is talked about, but it could have potential if it brings the full feature set.

At the center?

We're still forced having to buy consoles with Windows 10 to enjoy XBL, even though most PCs run the same OS.
Only the finest of PR fluff here :messenger_winking:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Xbox Live counts as a social network? I guess if you're speaking literally...

It's interesting to see them expanding the service to other platforms. I always think Games for Windows Live when something like this is talked about, but it could have potential if it brings the full feature set.

Only the finest of PR fluff here :messenger_winking:
The Xbox hub is like a social network feed where people share and discuss their screenshots, captures and achievements. You can even see posts regarding specific games(I found some guys who instantly buy and play all Kemco games) and there are also communities centred around certain games or for people from a specific part of the World . It seriously needs a mobile app.

Last edited:
Top Bottom