• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag |OT| Not Based on a DisneyLand Ride

Any one able to get second screen to work?

Really wanted to use the vita for it. IT connects no problems and I can remote play but it just says "this screen is not in use" when I second screen

It's a different app. I was asking the same thing then started hunting around and it's an ACIV application, not the Playstation App.

And I don't care, I wish theme from Gilligan's Island could be a shanty song.

Roto13

I'm pretty sure there is no 3D option for this or any other ps4 game right now. They seemed to have either dropped the option or everyone was in such a rush at launch that they did not dedicate any resources to 3D.

Maybe in the second wave of titles, but for now there are zero 3D launch titles for the PS4.

It's not 3D on PS3, either.

Jedi2016

Anyone know how to enable 3D on the PS4 version?
There is no 3D in AC4. Odd that they couldn't do it for PS4, even if they left it out of the last gen versions. As far as I know, Trine 2 is the only 3D-capable game at launch (and it looks amazing, BTW).

Anyway, couple of questions:

Is there an "introductory mission" for clearing out a fort? I'd like to go ahead and start clearing them (the Easy ones, at any rate), but it's always odd when you do something and then the game shows you later on how to do that thing (happened with the Mayan Se... things).

Does clearing the forts clear out the restricted areas within that region? I keep coming across these random restricted areas in open sea that don't really make any sense being there. It'd be nice to get rid of them for taking a Sunday sail.

mcfrank

I am really enjoying this on PS4. It is a great return to form after AC3. The setting is so appealing and so far they really nailed it. Graphics look great but I am still looking forward to the 1080p patch. Any word on a release for that?

jred2k

This is the first game I've had pre-ordered through Uplay, do they not allow pre-loading? It sucks enough they made the PC release date so late, I wish I could just have it installed and ready to go on Tuesday.

Roto13

I wasn't feeling very good about this series after ACIII, but I just finished this one and I'm VERY pleased with it. Great game. Piracy is awesome. Edward is a great character. I hope he gets another game.

Currently watching the credits. My controller shut itself off twice. :p
Is there an "introductory mission" for clearing out a fort? I'd like to go ahead and start clearing them (the Easy ones, at any rate), but it's always odd when you do something and then the game shows you later on how to do that thing (happened with the Mayan Se... things).

Yeah, there is. Go ahead and start clearing them whenever you want. It's simple enough to figure out as you do it. :p Especially if you've played ACIII.

Lima

Yeah, there is. Go ahead and start clearing them whenever you want. It's simple enough to figure out as you do it. :p Especially if you've played ACIII.

He probably asked about because he would first play the story up to that point then and do the forts after.

mcfrank

For those who have finished this, is there any actual benefit to doing the side quests? That was one of my big problems with AC3, the side quests were a waste of time.

MG310

Started it last night...I definitely appreciate how quickly they get to the point where I can freely wander the first city/take on assassination missions.

MazeHaze

Banned
This game looks way better than I thought it would, being a crossgen game. Looks noticeably awesome on my TV, which only does 1080i

ReaperXL7

Im absolutely loving this game, I had not really bother with an AC game since two, and this one is really something else in my opinion. I have always wanted an awesome Pirate game, but its a subject that does not get touched much in gaming sadly (similar to westerns). I was getting roughed up pretty badly in the beginning on ship battles, but once I started getting the ability to upgrade my ship its gotten much better.

I also dig the direction they are taking with the animus stuff, because it really opens things up to a point where they could possibily take the series anywere (though I have no clue how you top the pirates, and ship battles outside of a sci-fi/space theme).

I have noticed that UPlay has not worked at all since the game was released, has there been any news on why that is, or when it will go up? I have some stuff it says I can obtain through uplay, but not currently.

Banzai

Everytime I get desynchronized from a mission my controller stops working. Anybody else have that problem?
On PC, using PS3 Controller via MotionJoy. Has worked for every other game so far.

Vizzeh

Banned
When is the 1080p patch? I figure I waited this long from 360 to ps4 might as well wait for the extra resolution.

I thought I read 1080p patch and the added AA tech they developed would have been ready day 1, if not im interested in knowing myself, Get my PS4 tomorrow and AC4 on the 22nd

Loving this game so much. I've played all of them and after the travesty that was AC3 I told myself I was done with the series. Watching the GB QL and hearing about the premise of the future stuff intrigued me enough to pick it up for PS4. So glad I did, been playing this more than any other launch game. Just finished Sequence 3 and I think I have an unhealthy addiction to hunting down Frigates to farm metal for ship upgrades so that I can be more efficient and hunting down more ships lol

Vizzeh

Banned
Loving this game so much. I've played all of them and after the travesty that was AC3 I told myself I was done with the series. Watching the GB QL and hearing about the premise of the future stuff intrigued me enough to pick it up for PS4. So glad I did, been playing this more than any other launch game. Just finished Sequence 3 and I think I have an unhealthy addiction to hunting down Frigates to farm metal for ship upgrades so that I can be more efficient and hunting down more ships lol

The ship upgrade mechanic sounds amazing, I hope its a deep system as WHO doesnt like upgrading their stuff and WORKING for it :)

The ship upgrade mechanic sounds amazing, I hope its a deep system as WHO doesnt like upgrading their stuff and WORKING for it :)

Each upgrade requires $ and crafting materials (there's 3 different ones) and it seems that the only way to get these crafting materials is to plunder enemy ships that have those materials on board. Armor and inventory upgrades rely on hunting specific animal skins and is pretty neat.

Actually funny anecdote, I was in the middle of attacking an enemy boat and I knocked it down low enough to board the ship, but apparently I was on top of a fishing location. So while I expected to swing across to a burning ship, instead i was teleported onto a row boat with a bunch of harpoon told to toss them at the bullshark o_O

Revan

So I just finished this today and I have to say that I think this is the best one they have made and probably my favorite overall.

I loved the story and assassinations in AC1.
AC2 fixed all the problems with AC1 and greatly expanded the gameplay and mythology of the universe.
ACB added the recruiting element that really expanded the gameplay.
ACR added the hook blade and brought back Altair.....which for me was awesome. The ending of that game was simply a joy to watch.
AC3....sucked. I really really hated it.
AC4 is a combination of everything good about all the other games....and while it didn't get everything right it was almost that perfect mix of what you can do with the gameplay.

Black Flag's story was kinda meh and I could see why people say it doesn't feel like an Assassin's Creed game....but I fucking loved the hell out of it. The time frame, characters and history of that era are all something that I have always had an interest in....and while the game took a LOT of creative liberties with what actually happened overall it was still well done.

Not that my opinion means much but I highly recommend this to anyone who is one the fence about it, if for just the navel combat alone.

Top Bottom