• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

W7WmFaQ.jpg

WWE power levels? Hrm...in descending order imo.

Tier 1:
The Rock
John Cena
Brock Lesnar
Daniel Bryan

Tier 2:
Undertaker
Triple H
Roman Reigns
Randy Orton
Batista

Tier 3:
Bray Wyatt
Dean Ambrose
Seth Rollins
Sheamus
Dolph Ziggler

Tier 4:
Top of tag division
Jack Swagger
Kane
Kofi Kingston
Cesaro

Tier 5:
Bottom of tag division
Bottom of card
Jobbers

triple-h-angry.gif

The fact that favorite son Triple H isn't the first name in Tier 1 makes this list invalid.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He ran over the top card like there was no tomorrow and the only thing that stopped him was his own body. Bryan's superpower is being able to exceed the physical limits of reality.

Plus, at Extreme Rules Bryan managed to make fucking fire turn against Kane.

Tier 1 - for sure.
Bryan isn't tier 1 for the same reason Rock isn't. He isn't wrestling right now. He was tier 1, but he may no longer be so. We don't know how he'll be treated when he gets back.

He belongs in the ? Tier.

strobogo

Banned
Bryan fucked that up, by not tilting it more. The thing barely changed angles at all.

Everyone involved fucked that up. The person who came up with the spot. Kane. Bryan. Camera men. Announcers. That match, that spot, all of the spots, were boring as fuck. I don't understand how two guys with so much chemistry as partners can have so little chemistry as opponents.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Everyone involved fucked that up. The person who came up with the spot. Kane. Bryan. Camera men. Announcers. That match, that spot, all of the spots, were boring as fuck. I don't understand how two guys with so much chemistry as partners can have so little chemistry as opponents.
I'm obviously biased, but I liked it. It had wacky spots that may not have done as well as they had hoped, but it was better than what we usually get with guys going off on near finishes and multiple finishers with the announcers yelling, "Can you believe how great this match is?!?!?!"

It's rare to get this kind of match these days.

that Kane effect

gurudyne

He is the GODDAMN "GAME" itself with the power to make or break one's career when necessary.

Daniel Bryan defeated the Shield.
HHH destroyed it.

Brock Lesnar conquered the streak.
Ranks as HHH's backup backup plan.

Cena put over Daniel Bryan "clean" with his own bad elbow.
HHH put over Bryan clean with Bryan's own bad shoulder.

The Rock left wrestling to make movies.
HHH stayed with wrestling, now high ranking WWE exec. and simultaneous main eventer.

Tier 1? Tier H.

jred2k

The UFC has answered back to the Lesnar/Cena video from Raw.

I might like "I will literally kill you." more than "Blood & Urine & Vomit".

Cagey

Banned
Daniel Bryan defeated the Shield.
HHH destroyed it.

Brock Lesnar conquered the streak.
Ranks as HHH's backup backup plan.

Cena put over Daniel Bryan "clean" with his own bad elbow.
HHH put over Bryan clean with Bryan's own bad shoulder.

The Rock left wrestling to make movies.
HHH stayed with wrestling, now high ranking WWE exec. and simultaneous main eventer.

Tier 1? Tier H.

The Rock just pulled in a hundred milli these past two years alone.

Triple H is stuck running a neverending carny sideshow.

The Rock stays winnin.

krae_man

WWE Does have a "You're not allowed to touch the staff who haven't been trained to take bumps" Rule. Cryme Time was fired for performing their finishing move on a ref who wasn't trained to take bumps. Cade and Murdoch decided to pull a rib during a house show and had the ref count them out super fast. Cryme Time reacted by hitting their finisher on the ref then selling his belt to the crowd. They were immediately fired for violating the "no touchy the non bump trained staff" but were hired back when Lashley, Krystal, Booker and Sharmelle all quit/got fired on the same day because "Holy crap, we have no black wrestlers to job anymore".

But Big Show can beat up an unsuspecting WWE.com guy and get away with it because apparently his contract really is iron clad or because he's got more clout somehow or whatever.

The UFC has answered back to the Lesnar/Cena video from Raw.

I might like "I will literally kill you." more than "Blood & Urine & Vomit".

Nah. It's fun watching Sports Entertainment fans get worked into a worked-shoot, but Brock was spitting hot fire for like 3 minutes.

Cagey

Banned
This one doesn't even make sense. Zod vs. The Avengers? They're from two different movies. All this shit just depends on what the writers and directors want.

I have learned a lot about comic books from OT thread titles. I now know what a Thanos is, a Zod is, etc.

Bonski had to make those private for some reason.
Check out @Original_Bonski's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Original_Bonski/status/496372028622921728

Check out @Original_Bonski's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Original_Bonski/status/496372673182990336

Sorry for the shitty links I'm on mobile.
aw sweet, thanks

dream

That Marvel thread made me realize I've been unnecessarily harsh on you weirdos for making wrestling threads in OT. I sincerely apologize.

Top Bottom