• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Deeku

There's an e-manual on the 3DS though =D

=[
:eek:

I didn't even realise that lol. But still, I want cool instruction booklets with character profiles and all that jazz!

Looks like it's going to be hard (or just harder) to snake which is good I guess.

Rahk

That the margaret court thing?

Oddly enough, my mother is also anti-gay marriage. Dad doesn't care. She said "it ruins marriage". I asked her how it would effect her marriage, she had nothing. /me shrug

Both me and my brother couldn't care. It's a generational sort of thing i guess, much like racial discrimination.
There are also young people with the same mindset, mostly born in religious families.

Shaneus

PC upgrade has been finalised, motherfuckers:
MSY
Intel i5-2500K CPU
8G Kit 1600 G.Skill Ripjaws-X DDR3 RAM
AsRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 mobo
Total: $415

PCCG
Thermalright HR-02 CPU HSF + bracket
Total: $75 incl. delivery

Pretty happy with that considering it pretty much beasts the fuck out of my current setup. Will be using the dual 5850s, Thermaltake 750W PSU and Coolermaster 690-II Adv. case I currently have.

Will be a shame to see the ol' Q9550 go, she's been a solid workhorse that's never let me down. But alas, I must move on. If anyone's interested in my old kit (mobo supports dual x16 CFX, comes with 4Gb awesome RAM) lemme know. She still runs beautifully, just not beautifully enough for my gluttonous lifestyle.

Fredescu

Will be a shame to see the ol' Q9550 go, she's been a solid workhorse that's never let me down. But alas, I must move on. If anyone's interested in my old kit (mobo supports dual x16 CFX, comes with 4Gb awesome RAM) lemme know. She still runs beautifully, just not beautifully enough for my gluttonous lifestyle.
I can vouch for the Q9550. I still run one!

Uh wtf at the new Spike TV awards promo for the Sony exclusive with the Halo easter egg at 54 seconds?

Also why does Gametrailers run like shit on my browser?

Actually going by the twitters it seems like it will be THPS2HD. Geoff does say meet the characters and meet the world after all.

Hand it down to your parents! That is what I am doing. Will make tech support a lot easier.

Sooo Buzz: The Ultimate Music Quiz bundle and Singstar ABBA bundle on PS3 are both $19 with free shipping at game.com.au... Just bought both.

I made an account on ozbargain to post it, but apparently there's a 24h cooling period, cna someone else submit it for me? I don't give a crap about credit so don't bother with that and just bask in your own glory :D

On a side note, anyone willing to sell/swap Buzz Quiz World? Can't seem to find a decently-priced copy (~$20 or so)...

Sooo Buzz: The Ultimate Music Quiz bundle and Singstar ABBA bundle on PS3 are both $19 with free shipping at game.com.au... Just bought both.

I made an account on ozbargain to post it, but apparently there's a 24h cooling period, cna someone else submit it for me? I don't give a crap about credit so don't bother with that and just bask in your own glory :D

On a side note, anyone willing to sell/swap Buzz Quiz World? Can't seem to find a decently-priced copy (~$20 or so)...

Tweet the deal and add the hashtag #ecogamer so someone will see it over there and inevitably post it on OzBargain

ausgafsecretsanta.jpg

Greetings AusGAF. So as i mentioned a few weeks back i thought it might be a good idea to organize a Secret Santa for just AusGAF. (sorry it has taken so long)

I am thinking 2 pools of either $10 or $20 gifts, but we will see how we go. I have created a simple google doc for it so you are able to sign up your GAF username and nominate your desired price and a gift idea if you like.

If everyone interested could sign up before next Wednesday the 14th and i will draw up a pool and endevour to PM everyone your secret santa by the 15th. Once you have received a PM if you could send me back your address details so i can pass them on to your secret santa (any other suggestions for this) and then have everyone send their gifts off by the 21st of December.

Easiest/Simplest gift idea would probably be a steam game and i could re-gift for everyone to keep it secret for one idea.

Feel free to give suggestions etc.

Banner courtesy of Clipper

Im interested. How much are you chasing?

If everyone interested could sign up before next Wednesday the 14th and i will draw up a pool and endevour to PM everyone your secret santa by the 15th. Once you have received a PM if you could send me back your address details so i can pass them on to your secret santa (any other suggestions for this) and then have everyone send their gifts off by the 21st of December.

Easiest/Simplest gift idea would probably be a steam game and i could re-gift for everyone to keep it secret for one idea.

this is just your clever way of getting my mailing address.
im on to you
you and your catalog filling friends \_/

i kid.
i hope it turns into another ausgaf bag o crap. no offfence but i think i would find that much funnier if you all just sent each other troll gifts.

Shaneus

I can vouch for the Q9550. I still run one!
Want another? ;)
Uh wtf at the new Spike TV awards promo for the Sony exclusive with the Halo easter egg at 54 seconds?

Also why does Gametrailers run like shit on my browser?

Actually going by the twitters it seems like it will be THPS2HD. Geoff does say meet the characters and meet the world after all.
What's the Halo easter egg? And yeah, GT runs like arse on my subnote too, but it's an AMD E350-based thing, so I figured it was just unoptimised. Maybe it's Chrome.

And that guy is fucking ANNOYING. Who the fuck is he?

BTW You know what? I'd fucking kill for a THPS2 HD remake or something. DC was ultimate but THPS2X felt a little weird for some reason. Perhaps the fact that I had to buy it on import because it was never released in PAL-land contributed somewhat.

Hand it down to your parents! That is what I am doing. Will make tech support a lot easier.
Would, but they already have a semi-decent one anyway. Possibly better than the Q9550 in the first place. It's almost a shame to upgrade from it as it has done me so well and is such an amazingly stable little overclocker, but given that my games of choice on PC are mostly shitful ports of console games that rely far too much on the CPU (fuck you, Codies) I kinda need to upgrade.

Was nice having a bit of an underdog with all these i5/i7's around, too. Maybe I'll knock up a second PC when I upgrade my video to either the 7000 AMD or nVidia 600 series. No idea what I'd use it for, but it'd be a neat little mini project.

Im interested. How much are you chasing?
Um, no idea. Not wanting to sound like a cunt, but I was having a look on eBay and there's a second-hand CPU on it's own that's almost at $200 with two days to go. So I guess it would have to be at least that (or whatever it finishes at). Had no idea they were still worth that much, TBH! I could probably give you a better idea of what I'd be looking at after that ends, I think. But I don't have a specific figure in mind, so if you had an idea of what it's worth to you and what you'd be willing to pay, PM. I'm happy to do whatever :)

Shaneus

Conveniently, today is also the day my Xbox Live Gold ran out. Does this Play-Asia code work for Australian accounts?

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-es-49-en-70-241y.html
Better off going here, that way you'll receive it via email and have it almost instantaneously. Woop. I think the next cheapest is going via OGS for a 12+3 GoW-themed card, but you'd be waiting two weeks. Think it's about the same price, though.\

Hey, what was the consensus on Vanilla Coke Zero again? Better or worse than Diet VC?

Axiom

While the new Xbox interface content is rather limited for us, voice commands sure make it seem like magic to the rest of the family.

oh shit so i totally found this today.
from the man who brought you 3d mice i give you

rS6aBl.jpg

whaaaaaaa?
IPHONE CASE VENDING MACHINE
what is the world coming to.

Huh. Logged into the new xbox.com and for some reason Gears of War 3 shows up as MULTIPLE PLATFORMS rather than XBOX 360 like the rest of the games. Future PC title? Or maybe that is the super duper secret Sony exclusive!?!

Hey, what was the consensus on Vanilla Coke Zero again? Better or worse than Diet VC?
Worse than OG Vanilla Coke. Not up for discussion.

What's the Halo easter egg?
And that guy is fucking ANNOYING. Who the fuck is he?

At the end of their videos it has a little Gametrailers thingy and it has a scene from Halo with Cortana in the little ship thing as it zooms out. Very strange

Also Geoff Keighley is a decent journalist. The Valve stuff he has done like The Final Hours of Portal 2 are great. He has also been a great hype man for these damn awards. Will lose it when it turns out that Sony have bought Valve and Half Life Episode 3 (which is 8 hours long and then boots straight into Half Life 3 which is another 20 hours long) is PS4 exclusive. Oh and the PS4 is out this Christmas and is running on Steam with all your Steam library playable off the bat.

I am a conservative dreamer.

Shaneus

I'm not talking OG though. I'm trying to avoid excessively sugary drinks, makes me go hyper and a little bit manic, TBH. Just trying to stick with the chem-loaded "diet" drinks ;)

So, Diet Vanilla Coke vs. Vanilla Coke Zero. Who wins?

ZOMG! Only $42 for Skyrim on PS3 at GAME.uk! What a deal!

Actually don't buy that unless you want to abuse the shit out of me when it becomes unplayable after 8 hours of play.

Shaneus

I'm on team VCZ
Good enough for me! Have to wait for the hole my wisdom tooth came out of to settle though, I think... saw a tiny little bit of blood on some gauze I stuck there a few minutes ago. It wasn't a lot, but it obviously hasn't healed to the point I can start putting evil shit back in my mouth again.

Cut caffeine out a few months ago. Had excruciating withdrawal headaches for the first few days, but now it feels really good. It's a bit of a pain when it comes to selecting diet soft drinks at times, but the lack of jitters is worth it.

Shaneus

Cut caffeine out a few months ago. Had excruciating withdrawal headaches for the first few days, but now it feels really good. It's a bit of a pain when it comes to selecting diet soft drinks at times, but the lack of jitters is worth it.
I got more grief from sugar than the caff, but neither were good for my anxiety issues. Not to mention the crash afterwards, too. I'd be fine for a while but then once everything wore off, I'd be worse off than if I'd just stuck with water. Bad times.

Nowadays my poison is Diet Rite Portello. That shit's godly.

I got more grief from sugar than the caff, but neither were good for my anxiety issues. Not to mention the crash afterwards, too. I'd be fine for a while but then once everything wore off, I'd be worse off than if I'd just stuck with water. Bad times.

Nowadays my poison is Diet Rite Portello. That shit's godly.

Hah! Yeah dude. Anxiety is not an issue anymore. Feels so good.

Gazunta

Sooner I make this comic about Another World the sooner I can sleep.

And by sleep I mean futz around with the Xbox dash and Saints Row 3.

Sooner I make this comic about Another World the sooner I can sleep.

And by sleep I mean futz around with the Xbox dash and Saints Row 3.

Panel 1: Lester is picked up by alien friend under heavy attack
Panel 2: Bitchin' Pterodactyl transport picks them up to save the day backed with a tender sunset
Panel 3: From Dust tribe take down bitchin' transport with a rain of spears

Top Bottom