• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Deeku

The Last Story! Do you like the Gooch? Do you like old Final Fantasy? Do you like Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey? Because TLS is the partner game to Xenoblade in making the Wii the best console this generation for traditional jRPG's. YOU NEED TO BUY THIS GAME.
Ok, I will buy this game! 46 @ ozgameshop btw.

A question of my own - Do I go to this prospectus presentation, or do I regretfully decline ?

This thesis will examine the sexual politics of the anus and its representation in popular culture in Australia
Is this some round-a-bout way of saying you have a date?

Did I get ripped off? I mean just the Wifi Vita console in AUS is $370 USD! -____-
That's not toooooo bad. I paid around 320 for wifi vita and 16gb. I want to ask about the holiday!

markot

Banned
I don't like Rudd, but as long as he is tye best chance of defeating Abbott, he is the choice I will support. Sad, I know.

Who else is likely to be a reasonable chance if given the leadership?

http://www.alp.org.au/federal-government/minister/

Conroy? Swan?

minister

The more I read about Rudd the less I like him >.< the dudes been douching since he got kicked out....

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/3847892.html

Thanks for the link. The referenced Barrie Cassidy article is good too.

Barrie said:
I know the names of some of those he has spoken to. I know where he said it &#8211; in his office &#8211; on a parliamentary sitting day &#8211; and I know what he said. He told them a challenge would happen; he told them he was prepared to lose the first ballot and go to the backbench; and in one conversation he laughed about the prospect of Gillard stumbling again.

Motherfucker.

Departed Facility in LOS ANGELES GATEWAY - USA LOS ANGELES GATEWAY, CA - USA 13:43

You might have missed the plane! Or, they haven't updated it properly yet.

NOOOOOOOO!

Departed Facility in LOS ANGELES GATEWAY - USA LOS ANGELES GATEWAY, CA - USA 23:12

I hope this 10 hour delay won't hurt my chances of getting it tomorrow :/

Deeku

NOOOOOOOO!

Departed Facility in LOS ANGELES GATEWAY - USA LOS ANGELES GATEWAY, CA - USA 23:12

I hope this 10 hour delay won't hurt my chances of getting it tomorrow :/
Where are you in Aus though? You're probably just on a different super plane that gets here faster!

Edit:

Woo, vita memory card has arrived! It's tinnnny, how do I open the packaging without snapping it? lol

All my stuff has arrived now, except the vita. It's all falling into place!

Jintor

Finally finished watching Community S2. Fucking brilliant finale. I know the show went a little over-the-top in the case of being stupidly 'jokey', but it's still so much better than the rest of the trash that's on TV generally speaking.

Shaneus

$50 at LOGS so not too much cheaper. The Limited Edition is only $57 though.
LE doesn't seem to offer that much... OGS only has it for "pre order" as well, so I might chance it with Zavvi or The Hut. But they were the shit ones, yeah?

Shaneus! Pretty sure he uses earbuds though.
Ahaha. I don't know what mental image you've moulded me into recently with my 50 GPUs and massive headphones, but remember we HAVE met ;P

Shaneus

I've read some iffy things, and they messed my brother around a little one time, but I've never had a problem with them personally. My last few orders have come through fine.
Cheers big-ears. I know there was one that was more frowned upon than the others, but I can never remember. For the sake of saving a few bucks, I might just drop some coinage at OGS.

Cookie! $100 for a weights bench at Big W. Probably nothing special but a cheap entry to see if you are into it.

Shaneus! The first ever co-operative MMO bullet hell shooter Realm Of The Mad God might be up your alley. I take no responsibility if it consumes you, or if it is shit.

Gaz! Saw this in the little independent game rental store when I went to give Halo a tune up.

20120223_1440027tfhq.jpg

Thought you might like to know that the dude thought it was a surprisingly fun kids game. Put that on the box for the re-release!

Who else is likely to be a reasonable chance if given the leadership?

http://www.alp.org.au/federal-government/minister/

Conroy? Swan?
I will cut my dick off and choke myself to death on it if that dipshit Conroy somehow ends up running out country. I swear that I will go to the steps of parliment and take a huge shit and smear it into a message saying "This shit is fucked. Conroy? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit."

LE doesn't seem to offer that much... OGS only has it for "pre order" as well, so I might chance it with Zavvi or The Hut. But they were the shit ones, yeah?

Ahaha. I don't know what mental image you've moulded me into recently with my 50 GPUs and massive headphones, but remember we HAVE met ;P
Done 30 or so orders with Zavvi no problem. A few orders ended up being 3 weeks but that is the worst I can say. They DO now charge a pound for delivery now which is irritating to remember to add to the price before conversion.

I was just stirring about the amp you got for your tunes. I do recall what you look like!

Kate Ellis for Sexiest Member of Parliament Prime Minister!
136746-kate-ellis-quote.jpg

This picture made me think of Inception Leo. Just not giving a fuck regardless of the seriousness of the quote. Great journalism. Also Zoo offered her $30,000 to git neked.

The Be Mine game bundle has had its issues but I have finally been able to sign up and grab the pack. Minimum of $1 and includes Steam keys for Nikpol: Secrets of the Immortals, Xotic (+DLC), Sideway New York, Wasteland Angel, BEEP and The Ball. Quite a huge saving on games that will most likely feature in future Steam cheevo hunts since The Ball & Xotic have been used more than once in the past. I just paid through PayPal and the keys are in your profile page to copypasta into Steam.

Danoss

Hey AusGAF board gamers and especially SydGAF board gamers!

I just spent some money picking up some new board/card games to play after having them sit on my "to buy" list for some time. There should be some fun times ahead playing these as all bar 1 will accommodate a full group of SydGAF board gamers and at least 2 of them should be portable in a backpack.

Edit: Crap, forgot about our missing man Rahk. That rules out 2 games for a full group. Space Alert is 5-player max and Merchants & Marauders is 4-player max. I also forgot to grab Pandemic: On the Brink, I'll remember to pick it up next time so 5 people can join in the fun.

Fogz

The Be Mine game bundle has had its issues but I have finally been able to sign up and grab the pack. Minimum of $1 and includes Steam keys for Nikpol: Secrets of the Immortals, Xotic (+DLC), Sideway New York, Wasteland Angel, BEEP and The Ball. Quite a huge saving on games that will most likely feature in future Steam cheevo hunts since The Ball & Xotic have been used more than once in the past. I just paid through PayPal and the keys are in your profile page to copypasta into Steam.

I've been playing Sideway a bit, thats a fun game!

Danoss

Hrmm, what is this website, I should read it I think.

I have just ordered Lost Cities to add to my 2 player collection. :)

You should indeed! 'Shut Up & Sit Down', is an incredible board game review/entertainment site! Their podcasts are absolutely incredible also, well worth the watch, even if you're not keen on the game they're reviewing, the fun way in which they present it is so great you won't even care. Their thing is to review games and if they like them, they believe they are worth owning, to the extent that they can be played over and over until you die, give a different experience each time, and never get old.

For 2 player games, have a look at Memoir '44 (war strategy, reviewed in SU&SD episode 1 near the end) and Summoner Wars (LCG battle game, reviewed in SU&SD episode 3 near the end. I've played Memoir '44 and it's great fun, Summoner Wars I own but haven't played it yet, though perhaps this weekend.

Lost Cities sounds like a fun co-op game. Please let me know what you think when you and the Mrs play it.

Jintor

I really hate how self-aware and "meta" I am. It's like a crippling form of social paralysis I can't shake no matter how hard I try.

Yagharek

Had a 10yo glenmorangie-something-something-lephoaig tonight, neat, and holy shit did it have some flavour. I could start getting used to this.

Jintor

Yes explain.

In simplified form, it's basically just social anxiety; constant analysis of various possible topics of conversation, wondering how people would react to that, and consequentially saying or doing nothing and then just sort of sitting or standing there in silence. The only topics I really find easy to talk about are pop-culture and I don't think that's a sustainable field of play.

That said I really had a good chat with someone I only just met at the ME3 event, though a lot of that was admittedly about games.

I dunno.

Oh, I also have a constant fear I'm interrupting people if I try and contact them so what often happens is that I do not :T

Seen the film adaptation or read the graphic novel? An I-beam for a leg would rate low.
It is not a coincidence that Quantic Dream helped with the movie. The story was batshit insane but I found it enjoyable enough in some strange way.

I enjoyed the Syberia games so for a dollar I am looking forward to giving Nikpol a shot even though I have heard very mixed reviews.

In simplified form, it's basically just social anxiety; constant analysis of various possible topics of conversation, wondering how people would react to that, and consequentially saying or doing nothing and then just sort of sitting or standing there in silence. The only topics I really find easy to talk about are pop-culture and I don't think that's a sustainable field of play.

Oh, I also have a constant fear I'm interrupting people if I try and contact them so what often happens is that I do not :T

Eh, stop worrying so much. If someone doesn't like you or what you say then they aren't meant to be around you. As long as you be openminded about discussions then you should expect the same from others, if they don't then eh.

The bold makes no sense so disregard that feeling. It only exists in the opposite, if you never reach other to keep contacting someone they will think you don't like them and don't want to talk to them.

Jeddumars

Neo Member
Hey AusGAF!

I arrived in Australia this morning and made by way to Toowoomba and back today. First thoughts are:

1.Its cold in Toowoomba

2.The Public transportation is as nice and as organized as I remember it to be. People are pretty friendly too so far.

3. Gas seems horrifically expensive.

Going to get some rest now, still need to do a bunch of things tomorrow.

Top Bottom