• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

guidop

Thank fuck, piss off Rudd. No one remember the Rudd leaks almost gifted Abbott the election last time? He then needed to posture for his own importance and grab the foreign ministry where he made it all about him from then on, the guy is a massive megalomaniac. Chris Ulman characterisation of Rudd as a shitty home handyman of prime minsiter was spot on

Deeku

Alright, how do concert tickets work? (never been to a thing like this before)

Will I miss out on tickets if I don't do this presale business? Or is it ok if I just wait until 9am thurs. I'll be getting reserved seating.

Choc

Banned
So Rudd got the 30 votes required to hang around as a nusience according to the political writers

30 was the number he needed to cause a problem in the future.

So Rudd got the 30 votes required to hang around as a nusience according to the political writers

No, it was closer to 40. He didn't even get a third of the vote. And probably only a few more than he did in 2010.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So I just played a vita. I'm a little surprised at how nice it actually is. The weight for it was the most surprising thing, Not heavy at all. I wouldn't mind such a pretty machine for the train.

Must not buy one.. Yet.

Choc, If the guy at work gets a copy of his receipt, then you can send out an uncharted? :D

markot

Banned
No chance, the polls just have to start picking up, as they have been doing, maybe a reshuffle and like I said, a decent budget and voila!

jambo

Alright, how do concert tickets work? (never been to a thing like this before)

Will I miss out on tickets if I don't do this presale business? Or is it ok if I just wait until 9am thurs. I'll be getting reserved seating.

With Radiohead it's best to get tickets as soon as possible!

So I just played a vita. I'm a little surprised at how nice it actually is. The weight for it was the most surprising thing, Not heavy at all.

That's the first thing I noticed as well, it's crazy how light it is for such a powerful device.

midonnay

No chance, the polls just have to start picking up, as they have been doing, maybe a reshuffle and like I said, a decent budget and voila!

everyone thought he was dead too >_<

Obi-WanClassic.jpg

guidop

Flatly untrue. 30 votes is about how many he had when Julia took over and the reason he didn't ask for a spill. According to ABC it is the biggest loss in a leadership vote in Federal labor history but that doesn't sound right to me. All the commentary is that should be it for Rudd. Whether they turn to someone else in 8 to 12 mouths time is another matter but Rudd is done

Michelle Grattan : "It has basically said we are going to stick with what we've got and this means it is unlikely Kevin Rudd is going to have any sort of resurrection later on."

Peter Hatcher
: "If 20 months of dire polling and the loss of a majority government [won't shift sentiment towards Rudd], this tells you that something dramatic will have to shift for any future challenge [to succeed]. It's going to have to be a pretty serious shift of circumstances to change a 40-vote margin."

midonnay

if gillard doesn't stand in a leadership spill..... there is a fair chance that rudd can convince backbenchers to join his cause.

political history is moot....this parliament is pretty much unprecedented and anything can happen.

Choc

Banned
whoever becomes foreign minister now is what JG considers her next big threat

keep em out of parliament, out of the country, out of sight

no problem

my guess? Shorten.

guidop

if gillard doesn't stand in a leadership spill..... there is a fair chance that rudd can convince backbenchers to join his cause.

political history is moot....this parliament is pretty much unprecedented and anything can happen.

And why would she do that? Those straws don't let them go.

If the ghosts of Chiffley, Curtian and Forde visit Kevin Rudd on christmas eve will he become a good leader?

Choc

Banned

If the ghosts of Chiffley, Curtian and Forde visit Kevin Rudd on christmas eve will he become a good leader?

why did Rudd not run in 2010

because he would have been humiliated

The same could happen again

midonnay

she is only there because of factional support?

if her performance doesn't improve, they'll nudge her in the back and that will be the end of it.

Shaneus

So AusGAF, I think I've found a potential replacement for my Thinkpad, regardless of whether I get it fixed or not. What do you think?

Would do high-def video without breaking a sweat and a fair hunk of PC stuff, save for playing games and downloading (mainly due to the storage available). $650 seems like a good price for something that does all that.

Choc

Banned
So AusGAF, I think I've found a potential replacement for my Thinkpad, regardless of whether I get it fixed or not. What do you think?

Would do high-def video without breaking a sweat and a fair hunk of PC stuff, save for playing games and downloading (mainly due to the storage available). $650 seems like a good price for something that does all that.

$570

http://www.mwave.com.au/sku-5402006...&quot;_Multi_Touch_Display_AMD_Brazos_Z_01_1G

results in lalor last time around (JG electorate)

Julia Gillard ALP 66,298

Sheridan Ingram LIB 23,791

in Griffith (KR electorate)

Kevin Rudd ALP 35,445

Rebecca Docherty LNP 28,784

KR could lose his seat next election. Probably won't unless he goes away out of the public eye now but yeah his majority is fuck all compraed to JG's

What was interesting in what he showed was how the worm turned POST the carbon tax being put through parliament.

Either it shows that people actually don't mind the policy, or what is more likely, as soon as something is passed, people forget very, very quickly.
Chicken dinner. People just go along with the media at the time. If Labor can bring in some fantastic media people to run a smear campaign on Abbott he would be toast. Shop together some photos of him hanging out with Bin Laden or something.

Team Gillard

article-gillard.jpg

Team Rudd

article-rudd2.jpg
Am I the only one who saw Team Rudd as having an average age +30 over Team Gillard? Old people yelling at clouds and such.

Finally got around to registering myself as an organ and tissue donor after reading the organ donor thread in OT

https://www2.medicareaustralia.gov.au/pext/registerAodr/Pages/DonorRegistration.jsp

It takes about 2 minutes if anyone else wants to do it.
Quoting for everyone should do it.

I got my Radiohead tickets
for Berlin
Enjoy your Becks and Heiling while we hang out with cool people who don't have smelly sauerkraut breath.

whoever becomes foreign minister now is what JG considers her next big threat

keep em out of parliament, out of the country, out of sight

no problem

my guess? Shorten.
Nah the big boy Conroy will step up to the job. He was born in the UK so he is the perfect fit for a travelling man plus he is a functional retard so jet setting him all over the world giving people hugs would suit him and avoid mishandling of a portfolio. Win win.

I still think of Rudd were to make a new party it would be one with the most strongest possibility to make a dint in fed.
He can join up with his buddy up in QLD and take up the cause of making hunting a mandatory school subject. Also think of the boost to the Akubra industry.

nbn-our-plans-banner.jpg

Somebody shop a U MAD onto this.

Fucking joke compared to what I was expecting.

trinest

Why is it a joke? $99.95 a month for 500GB @ 100Mbps seems reasonable to me

I agree, looking at both the bundled and non bundled deals, if your looking at the lower range stuff- yeah its a pile of shit- but the high end stuff is a good deal.

midonnay

telstra hired spike lee's nephew?

edit: their base plan is 80 bucks.....yup they're trying to kill the nbn with lte :/

edit2: oh thats with the t-bundle

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
work dude is not on ausgaf :D

Weak. Hook a brother up. He got it from game and all, crazy man!

They are a nice device though. Certainly has me wondering if I should pick one up for the train and bus ride to and from work. It actually felt nice in my hands which is rare. I think the 3DS didn't do a bad job either from memory, But that was ages ago.

It's something I will consider in say 6 months time. Maybe there will be some decent titles out then and a price drop.

Choc

Banned
latika and melissa clarke are teh only political journalists worth listening to

the rest have agendas run by their mastheads. News Limited and Fairfax.

News Ltd pushed for the spill, for the last year almost.

jambo

Can't wait for Uncharted to get here. Should be a good week for my Vita. I'm buying a bigger memory card, Rayman Origins, Touch My Katamari and a few PSP games when I get paid on Thursday.

I am pretty sick of paying $100 a month for internet. At what point do we stop paying through the nose for a pretty integral part of our lives.

Thing is, you don't need 500GB of downloads a month, that's a luxury item. You can still pay $20-$30 a month and get ADSL2+.

Shaneus

nbn-our-plans-banner.jpg

Somebody shop a U MAD onto this.

Fucking joke compared to what I was expecting.
They're not horrid prices by any stretch, but 500gb isn't a lot with those speeds. Shit, I have a third of those speeds and can (have!) hit one or both of my on/off-peak 500gb quotas without raising a sweat.

Cheers, Choc. I'm thinking of maybe holding off a bit though, especially given that only two weeks ago, Big W were selling it for $500. That's stupid cheap considering a semi-decent netbook is around that price. $570 still a bargain for what you get.

Now I just need to call IBM support and find out if I can swing a repair on the Thinkpad...

Top Bottom