• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

hamchan

Hopefully it crushes Rudd and takes some of the hot air out of his head.
Lol, if him getting stabbed in the back the first time didn't then something like this definitely won't. He'll just sit back and bide his time once again while Gillard loses the election to Abbott.

Choc

Banned
Honestly, if he quits it would probably help labour, the public will figure out the little rat was in their ranks and put himself before everything.

if he quits. By election

If they lose his seat (and his seat is not the safest in the world, 6k votes last time) then its election time as majority is gone.

Its NOT good for the ALP for him to quit.

trinest

Honestly, if he quits it would probably help labour, the public will figure out the little rat was in their ranks and put himself before everything.

Yes but wouldn't it make break the parliment if he does quit 100%? Election Time comes and we might have Abbot in. Shit was close last time and it was just the luck of the draw Labor got it.

Choc

Banned
if the libs were to install turnbull we might have a new PM anyway

Oakeshott said last week he would jump to MT if they did

edit: man concerts are getting expensive

markot

Banned
The latest Newspoll published today has found support for Labor is at its strongest level for 12 months, despite the blood-letting in the run-up to today's leadership ballot.

The poll, published in The Australian newspaper this morning, says Labor's primary vote has risen from 30 per cent to 35 per cent in the past six weeks.

But the Coalition has a two-party-preferred lead of 53 per cent to 47 per cent over Labor and Prime Minister Julia Gillard's popularity has dropped six points.

In the past two weeks, Ms Gillard's approval rating has fallen 32 per cent to 26 per cent.

Although support for Opposition Leader Tony Abbott has fallen as well, he is still leading in the preferred prime minister stakes 38 per cent to 36 per cent.

Voters preferred the former foreign minister Kevin Rudd to both Ms Gillard and Mr Abbott.

He leads the Prime Minister 53 per cent to 28 per cent, and the Opposition Leader 53 per cent to 34 per cent.

Translation? KEEP ON COURSE! Ginger rising! All they need is a decent budget (Looks like they will put it in surplus, they havent been making excuses) and the tide will keep truning.

midonnay

^^^^ how did that work in victoria, nsw and soon Qld. Labor are delusional. As Mckew said, only 3 labour mps has won an election from opposition since ww2, whitlam, hawke and rudd. What do they have in common? They have public popularity.

is it too late to be a chugg member? >_>

Choc

Banned
Team Gillard

article-gillard.jpg

Team Rudd

article-rudd2.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Jambo will travel.

I have to say, Some of these resorts are fucking outstanding looking. I have no idea which one I would to choose. Of course the idea of going to such places, which are more designed for the romantic couple or family is kinda strange as a single guy. Maybe I can bang a brand new wife.. Yea!

Haven't they voted yet? How long does that shit take.

hamchan

So pretty much what we all expected. Farewell Labor party. Maybe I should move away before the next election, because Abbott will win.

Choc

Banned
Jambo will travel.

I have to say, Some of these resorts are fucking outstanding looking. I have no idea which one I would to choose. Of course the idea of going to such places, which are more designed for the romantic couple or family is kinda strange as a single guy. Maybe I can bang a brand new wife.. Yea!

Haven't they voted yet? How long does that shit take.

Cookie go to the Sheraton Mirage at Port Douglas and then go out to the reef :)

Amazing place

GBR is something you must experience in your life time.

labor proves yet again, its brainless

Not really. Brainless to vote in Rudd back in more accurately. Labor can still scrape back in, and under Rudd several MP's would quit (their cabinet positions). The labor party would be in way more of a mess with Rudd back in power and that would eventually be reflected in public opinion.

Deeku

No chance in hell am I gonna be able to score radiohead tickets, have lunch meetings all week ;_;

That and I also don't have anyone to go with ;_;

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Cookie go to the Sheraton Mirage at Port Douglas and then go out to the reef :)

Amazing place

GBR is something you must experience in your life time.

Someone has suggest palm cove / port douglas. Along side hamilton island as well.

Holy shit, Lathem is like, yea .. Rudd's a fucking idiot. Glad its now out in the open.
Dude is brutal haha.

Top Bottom