• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Choc

Banned
I don't blame him. Trying to control that bunch of fuckwits would get the best of anyone.

Even though he was ALP affiliated, he was a very unbiased speaker

Will be interesting to see if the Liberal replacement is just as unbiased. I highly doubt it

Abbott will be in his ear. Fuck i am so over Abbott and so is Australia

Julia is preferred PM but Noalition (love it Albanese, love it) would still win today.

So people want libs without Abbott, YAY WE FUCKING WOKE UP TO OURSELVES.

My friend was walking to school today at 8am (he is a Teacher) and a car is fish tailing through the school zone at like 90km and nearly hits him. He throws his hands up, so they stop the car and get out (5 of them) and 1 of them punches him in the face. He can't do much so just has to walk away. Some people are just fucking dogs...

mandiller

Speaker of the House of Reps has quit

wow

No! Harry is gone! Question Time may be even worse now :-/. They should just reform it (bring back the deal that Abbott signed then renegged on) or scrap it altogether. It's a waste of everybody's time atm

Jintor

My friend was walking to school today at 8am (he is a Teacher) and a car is fish tailing through the school zone at like 90km and nearly hits him. He throws his hands up, so they stop the car and get out (5 of them) and 1 of them punches him in the face. He can't do much so just has to walk away. Some people are just fucking dogs...

What the fucking shit? Where is this?

And the Speaker has stepped down? This blows.

Rahk

How's the Renegade Ops single player campaign?

It's the same thing as co-op, but probably more enjoyable than 4 player as it just turns into a race to get to the objective and kill everything first.

2 players is probably a better number.

He could have gotten the number plate and called the cops.

Gazunta

Let's just make Question Time officially one hour of screaming.

Like, everyone stands up and just goes AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

for an hour.

While ABC broadcasts it around the nation.

I think it would be fascinating.

Also, live update is working again, THREAD SAVED.

Choc

Banned
He could have gotten the number plate and called the cops.

i was about to write that but no doubt they would have triggered who reported them and come back for a second bite

society is so fucked today

how does live update work? do i need to install something?

Gosford, Central Coast.

He couldn't get the number plate cause they parked around the corner. There was a bus right next to them though, so it may be possible to get footage from that.

Gosford can be such a hole sometimes. I know a fair few awesome mates that live there but so many bogans.

Agreed, Gosford/Woy Woy etc are pretty much choc (lol) full of bogans. Thankfully I live at Holgate, so I don't have to deal with the riff-raff :)

Lol at choc.

Went to gosford high and remarkably never had a problem hanging out around all of gosford (was shit hanging out there lol)

Though it is definitely more dero than here in Wamberal.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So my laptop is gone.

How do I reformat with a broken dvd drive and no windows 7 DVD.

I really am out of my depth here :( is there something I can just download (can be a big file I don't mind) and put on a USB and boot from there (i've worked out how to change the boot settings so that's ok)

so that i can completly reinstall windows?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/...indows-7-installation-disc-or-USB-flash-drive Is this the process I want :(

Choc

Banned
There are three recommended ways to install Windows 7 on a netbook or other PC that doesn't have an internal DVD drive:

Purchase and download Windows 7 from the Microsoft Store as an installation file. When you download Windows 7 in this format, you can install Windows 7 on your netbook just like any other program, with no additional tools or hardware. For more information about the options available in your country or region, go to the Microsoft Store website.

Purchase and download Windows 7 from the Microsoft Store as an ISO file, and copy it to a USB flash drive. If you need to start, or boot, your PC during Windows 7 installation (for example, if you want to format your hard disk during installation), you can download Windows 7 in a special format called an ISO file and use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool to create a USB flash drive, which you can then use to install Windows 7 on your netbook.

Use an external DVD drive. If you already have a Windows 7 installation disc, you can attach an external DVD drive to your netbook to install Windows 7.

For more information about upgrading to Windows 7, see Upgrading to Windows 7: frequently asked questions.

Show all

Before you begin: Is your netbook ready for Windows 7?

Using an installation file to install Windows 7

Using a USB flash drive to install Windows 7
You can download Windows 7 from the Microsoft Store as an ISO file, and then use a 4 gigabyte (GB) or larger USB flash drive to install Windows 7. You can use the USB flash drive to start, or boot, your netbook during Windows 7 installation if you want to do any of the following:

Format the hard disk or perform other advanced disk management tasks—such as creating, extending, or deleting partitions—during Windows 7 installation.

Install Windows 7 on a netbook that isn't running Windows XP or Windows Vista.

Install a 64-bit version of Windows 7 on a netbook running a 32-bit version of Windows. (Many netbooks aren't 64-bit capable. Use the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to find out if your netbook can run a 64-bit operating system.)

To copy the ISO file to the USB flash drive, we recommend you use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool. It transfers the ISO file to the USB flash drive (or to a DVD) and converts the drive so that you can use it to install Windows 7.

Notes

You can't install Windows 7 using the ISO file itself, or by simply copying the ISO file to a USB flash drive. You need to use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool or other tool from another software provider.

You can download the ISO file and create the USB flash drive on another PC before installing it on your netbook. For example, if your netbook meets the minimum disk space requirements for installation but lacks enough free space to download or install Windows 7, you can download the ISO file to another PC and create the USB drive there. Then, you can insert the USB drive into your netbook to install Windows 7.

Most newer PCs can start from a USB device, but some older PCs might not have this capability. For more information, check the documentation that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.

To purchase and download Windows 7 online as an ISO file

Go to the Microsoft Store website and complete your purchase.

On the Order Receipt webpage, click the Additional Download Options drop-down list, click either Download 32-bit ISO or Download 64-bit ISO, depending on which version of Windows 7 you want to install, and then click Download.

For more information about 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows, see 32-bit and 64-bit Windows: frequently asked questions.

To download and install the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

Go to the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool webpage on the Microsoft Store website.

Under Installation, follow the instructions to download and install the tool on your PC.

To copy the Windows 7 ISO file to a USB flash drive

Before you begin:

Make sure you've already purchased and downloaded the Windows 7 ISO file to your PC.

Make sure you've copied any files on the USB flash drive to an external location. The Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool will erase any data on the USB flash drive.

Click the Start button , click All Programs, click the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool folder, and then click Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.
Under Step 1 of 4: Choose ISO file, click Browse, browse to the Windows 7 ISO file you downloaded, click it, click Open, and then click Next.

Under Step 2 of 4: Choose media type, click USB device.

Under Step 3 of 4: Insert USB device, click your USB flash drive in the drop-down list, and then click Begin copying.

If you see a dialog box that says that there isn't enough free space on the USB flash drive, click Erase USB Device, and then click Yes.

When the process is finished, click the Close button in the upper-right corner of the window.
To install Windows 7 using a USB flash drive

If you don't need to start your netbook using the USB flash drive, you can simply browse to the USB flash drive, and then double-click setup.exe to begin Windows 7 installation.

To start your netbook using the USB flash drive:

Turn off your netbook, insert the USB flash drive, and then restart your netbook.

Press any key when prompted, and then follow the instructions that appear.

On the Install Windows page, choose your language and other preferences, and then click Next.

If the Install Windows page doesn't appear, and you're not asked to press any key, you might need to change some system settings. To learn how to do this, see Start your computer from a Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive.

Follow the instructions to finish installing Windows 7.

For detailed instructions on installing Windows 7, see Installing and reinstalling Windows 7.

Using an external DVD drive to install Windows 7

Troubleshooting low disk space errors
Article ID: MSW700009
Was this helpful?

midonnay

So my laptop is gone.

How do I reformat with a broken dvd drive and no windows 7 DVD.

I really am out of my depth here :( is there something I can just download (can be a big file I don't mind) and put on a USB and boot from there (i've worked out how to change the boot settings so that's ok)

so that i can completly reinstall windows?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/...indows-7-installation-disc-or-USB-flash-drive Is this the process I want :(

yeah, you can with a bootloader....but I can't remember the name....

its usually used for linux installs but also windows isos can be put on a usb drive

unetbootin? or something

giri

Even though he was ALP affiliated, he was a very unbiased speaker

Will be interesting to see if the Liberal replacement is just as unbiased. I highly doubt it

Abbott will be in his ear. Fuck i am so over Abbott and so is Australia

Julia is preferred PM but Noalition (love it Albanese, love it) would still win today.

So people want libs without Abbott, YAY WE FUCKING WOKE UP TO OURSELVES.

I doubt gillard survive another election. Labor might, but her? she's too easy a target as fop of a PM.

Seriously, she sold out the entire country just to get, and keep, her job as PM. I'm utterly disgusted.

Choc

Banned
not disagreeing giri but Abbott seems to be really on the nose

people are realising that he flip flops

also

wouldnt it be amazing if next election really was Rudd vs Turnbull lol

oh and in his opening speech the new Liberal Senator says we need workchoices back

Tony will probably go smack him for that one

The one thing that will lose the noalition the next election is workchoices

jambo

all of you with a 3ds should get mario 3d

it really is fuckin amazing how good it is

G89GN.gif

giri

not disagreeing giri but Abbott seems to be really on the nose

people are realising that he flip flops

also

wouldnt it be amazing if next election really was Rudd vs Turnbull lol

oh and in his opening speech the new Liberal Senator says we need workchoices back

Tony will probably go smack him for that one

The one thing that will lose the noalition the next election is workchoices

Maybe, but at this point in time, he probably looks like the stronger leader.

I'm just really sick of a minority government. The continue devalue of the majorities opinion to the minorities opinion is just disgusting. I'm actually embarrassed by our government at the moment.

And that's not a anti-labor thing, It's an anti minority government acting like whores.

midonnay

nothing really new though....

our parliament has been beholden to minorities since I've came to Australia....

Brian Harradine anyone?

edit: eh minorities.... good one... >_<

Choc

Banned
it is the worst government in history (both sides that is, not just labor) there is no doubt of this

minority governments cause problems that we just don't need and it has led to absolute stupidity in the HOR this year

watching question time is shameful

it is the worst government in history (both sides that is, not just labor) there is no doubt of this

minority governments cause problems that we just don't need and it has led to absolute stupidity in the HOR this year

watching question time is shameful

Yeah QT is a farce at this point. When people are guessing what time a suspension of standing orders will happen everyday there's something wrong.

Danoss

Besides a few outstanding cheapies, this Steam sale is shit.

I received an email from Play-Asia (as I'm sure many of you did) with some coupons in them. Since there is no way I will use them, I figured I'd give them away here, first come, first served.

You'll have to quote me to see them, so non-members can't take them.

Get US$7 off a purchase of US$77 or more

Get US$15 off a purchase of US$150 or more

Top Bottom