• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Choc

Banned
Besides a few outstanding cheapies, this Steam sale is shit.

I received an email from Play-Asia (as I'm sure many of you did) with some coupons in them. Since there is no way I will use them, I figured I'd give them away here, first come, first served.

You'll have to quote me to see them, so non-members can't take them.

Get US$7 off a purchase of US$77 or more

Get US$15 off a purchase of US$150 or more

Dan

there is more sales tommorow :p

Choc

Banned
To give you an indication as to what abbot is about, yesterday he turned back from the Parliament Budgetary Office Amendment 2011 which would force both a government and opposition to have their promises costed independantly and displayed to the public before the elections that occur.

This was the first time in history this was going to happen. Early 2011 he supported it, now he does not, what the fuck why? as penny wong says this is a boost to democracy and it should go through because the public deserve to know before they vote what they are voting for and how much it will cost, ie is it actually possible

so what changed? early 2011 Coalitions costings had not been released for 2010 election. Then economists found a 10 billion blackhole in their costings from 2010 election and so now abbot wants to hide the costings again

Fucking disgrace.

What do you think abbott has been doing the past 18 months?

Half baked power plays, which is why I dislike him.

On that note, and this might sound crazy, but I sometimes wonder is Abbott would have done less damage if he was actually in power. If that makes sense. Although who knows how the ALP would have imploded if that happened.

Whoever won the last election was bound to lose the next one. Had Abbott won the ALP might have been forced to get their shit together and put someone half decent up to run against him.

Fredescu

To give you an indication as to what abbot is about, yesterday he turned back from the Parliament Budgetary Office Amendment 2011 which would force both a government and opposition to have their promises costed independantly and displayed to the public before the elections that occur.
Wait, what? I thought this passed already.

Anyone else get their SWTOR beta start time? Mine's 3am Saturday morning.

Yea 10am CST on the 24th.

Have you tried logging in though man. mine told me i was trying to login from an invalid region. I am pretty sure that this beta weekend is locked to NA EU again, same as all of the previous ones have been.

Yagharek

Is anyone aware of when Cave Story 3DS comes out? It was supposed to be out today according to EB, but now EB is saying the date has changed to "TBC".

I'm wondering if it's another case of Ozisoft quality shipping dates or whether EB have just dropped the title due to low volume?

I'll see if there's any news on it today, otherwise I'll just import.

Jintor

I'm aware of that. Perhaps I should have been more clear. The daily sales are where the good ones are, it's the publisher sales that I'm not at all impressed by.

Rule one of steam sales is that nothing but the daily deals matters, except on the last day of the steam sale

387092_10150478468096098_529746097_10729176_1906394849_n.jpg

The best time of the yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeear!

On another note, I has a job interview at 10am for a systems support officer role. Considering that's what I've done for two and a half years, I should be qualified enough. It is a group interview, though, and I haven't quite worked out how to stand out in those. Not sure of how to dress, either. Probably just my formal-casual thing I usually do (nice pair of pants, nice button up shirt, clean shave (I'm sorry movember, you were going so well)).
Make sure to post some mo pics before you go the shave!

Edit #2: Attn: reptilescorpio! and anyone else thinking of getting RR Vita
The lower price and fast production cycle already made me assume it would be a bare bones release. Totally fine with that. It will tide me over until another decent racer comes out a few months down the track. Burnout would be nice. CRASH MODE INCLUDED THANK YOU.

Speaker of the House of Reps has quit
What the fuck! Poor bloke has been worn out by continuous bullshit for too long now. Thought he did a fantastic job and was truly neutral.

So who's selling Zelda + MotionPlus for the cheapest price?
OzGameShop has had it for $80-97 for the past few weeks and it seems like copies are arriving today which is great news for those who imported.

Danoss

Anyone else get their SWTOR beta start time? Mine's 3am Saturday morning.

Same here, which is the earliest time they're opening to weekend testers, converted to our time.

Fredescu, not everyones time will be the same, they're spreading it out over Friday and Saturday. Everyone will be able to play until Monday (all are US times).

Marshmellow, you can't actually log in yet. If at login time, it gives you grief, change location to the US on the website.

Rule one of steam sales is that nothing but the daily deals matters, except on the last day of the steam sale

There have been many sale items that have broken this rule.

Choc

Banned
its not a ozisoft game is it? NIS dont go through ozisoft

it may even be a gaz game, dunno

oh it is a ozisoft game

seems that they got enough for preorders and thats it (game is sold out online but says stores might have some)

OzGameShop has had it for $80-97 for the past few weeks and it seems like copies are arriving today which is great news for those who imported.

Mine did not arrive this morning OGS but I have fingers crossed for tomorrow. I held off on getting Skyrim earlier this week in case Zelda arrived this week (that and I was curious about steam sales, but that's unlikely with region pricing)

Yagharek

its not a ozisoft game is it? NIS dont go through ozisoft

it may even be a gaz game, dunno

oh it is a ozisoft game

seems that they got enough for preorders and thats it (game is sold out online but says stores might have some)

This is replying to my cave story post is it? It's really distributed by atari or gamenation or whatever they are known as now?

edit: cheers choc. I think Ill import it if its an ozisoft distributed game. I never buy from them.

Fredescu

Fredescu, not everyones time will be the same, they're spreading it out over Friday and Saturday. Everyone will be able to play until Monday (all are US times).
Aha.

Yeah, the rule is more like: If it's not a daily deal and it's discounted by less than 65%, wait for a daily. There have been a bunch of day 1 pricing mistakes that people would miss out on if they always waited for a daily.

Choc

Banned
This is replying to my cave story post is it? It's really distributed by atari or gamenation or whatever they are known as now?

edit: cheers choc. I think Ill import it if its an ozisoft distributed game. I never buy from them.

yeah namco bandai which was atari which was gamenation which was ozisoft

Same here, which is the earliest time they're opening to weekend testers, converted to our time.

Marshmellow, you can't actually log in yet. If at login time, it gives you grief, change location to the US on the website.

Ok will give it a go. I have not been able to download the client yet even.

Danoss

Ok will give it a go. I have not been able to download the client yet even.

If you want to be kept in the loop with updates, follow @swtor and @rockjaw on Twitter.

You weren't even able to log in to swtor.com as of 35 mins ago, the site was getting so hammered, they had to disable them to fix things.

I'm talking about their campaign sales, and if they do break the rule then you pick them up on the last day of the sale. Logic, man.
As opposed to the side-mission sales?

Fredescu

I'm talking about their campaign sales, and if they do break the rule then you pick them up on the last day of the sale. Logic, man.
You would have missed out on a bunch of good deals following this simplistic rule. The Witcher for $4 ages ago for a day was a good example. It came back a daily a few days later for more than twice the price. It also happens that they run out of keys and remove the games from sale.

jambo

You would have missed out on a bunch of good deals following this simplistic rule. The Witcher for $4 ages ago for a day was a good example. It came back a daily a few days later for more than twice the price. It also happens that they run out of keys and remove the games from sale.

I don't think you understand the rule.

Choc

Banned
Abbots implosion over the speak resignation is amazing

11.39am: Today's development is a "game-changer", writes Dennis Atkins. And it's a "big win for Labor" and a loss for the Coalition and for Andrew Wilkie. The new numbers mean Labor will not rely so much on Wilkie's vote.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/har...er/story-e6frfkvr-1226204378477#ixzz1ea9qi3md

He blamed the government, think he should be looking at himself and Bishop.

also

"Tony Abbott's attempt to liken the departure of Harry Jenkins to the turmoil of the Gough Whitlam government in 1975 doesn't work.
The Opposition Leader said 1975 was the last time a speaker quit suddenly, referring to the resignation of Jim Cope, Labor's first speaker in 23 years, in 1975. In February 1975, Cope "named" senior Whitlam minister Clyde Cameron for breaching standing orders. Cameron would have been ejected from Parliament for 24 hours had the Government backed Cope.
Gough Whitlam refused to and Cope took this as a vote of no confidence in him and immediately resigned. Harry Jenkins has not had a public row with the Government in Parliament and has not been in dispute with Prime Minister Julia Gillard."

THIS MEANS THE GOVERNMENT HAS THE NUMBERS TO GET THE MALAYSIAN SOLUTION THROUGH THE HOUSE OF REPS.

This really is game changing.

Fredescu

I don't think you understand the rule.
What? The rule as Jintor stated it is: buy nothing but dailies until the last day when you can be sure it isn't going to be a daily. I'm saying that is an overly simplistic rule that would have made you miss out on a number of bargains in the past. Yes, don't buy anything that is on sale now for like 25% or 50% off, because it may go to a daily. But something that is 75% higher is not going to go any lower, and is pretty likely to be a pricing mistake. This was the case with The Witcher many sales ago. It wasn't a daily, but it was 83% off for the first day. It was then changed back to 25%, and came back as a daily as 66% or something. There have been other instances of this, but The Witcher is the one I remember.

Jintor

So the rule works except when something goes not as intended and they are forced to honour glitches in their system.

So... think of it more like a guideline?

THIS MEANS THE GOVERNMENT HAS THE NUMBERS TO GET THE MALAYSIAN SOLUTION THROUGH THE HOUSE OF REPS.

Oh jesus fucking christ, I thought we were over this.

jambo

Well yeah, if there's some fucking crazy pricing error then of course you buy it, but that hardly happens. Maybe once or twice a sale.

Fuck, now I need to go get some bacon to eat with my macarons. My boss is going to get cranky about all these supermarket breaks soon!

Mine did not arrive this morning OGS but I have fingers crossed for tomorrow. I held off on getting Skyrim earlier this week in case Zelda arrived this week (that and I was curious about steam sales, but that's unlikely with region pricing)

Everyone should checkout this site which does a great list of the Steam sale items. Much, much easier to find something for you on this.

Hi guys, I had to make some changes to the AusGAF BF3 Server, we can no longer have it start with less than 4 people otherwise it will not be considered a Ranked server by Battlelog and DICE any more - I know, it is mega lame, but hopefully people will still come!

I'm still hoping for $10 more worth of donations each month because my person investment is still at $25.

Fredescu

The rule only applies to normal weekly/sale long prices, not pricing errors.
How can you possibly know what is and what isn't? Oh, by the percentage discount! If you insert that into the rule, it always applies!

jambo said:
Christ on a cracker
You don't even have to buy Steam games, who are you to give advice to other people on how to save the most money? You don't know what it's like to miss out on a Steam bargain.

jambo

How can you possibly know what is and what isn't? Oh, by the percentage discount! If you insert that into the rule, it always applies!

It's pretty clear when something is priced too low down. And all you have to do is check the Steam Sale OT in Gaming.

Top Bottom