• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Yagharek

yeah namco bandai which was atari which was gamenation which was ozisoft

and distributors blame retailers for breaking street dates! Some distributors dont even ship the damn games!

It took me 8 years to find rebelstar tactical command. I'm not going to wait for them to pull their finger out again.

Choc

Banned
Why does that need to be explained? I thought that was an accepted fact.

that is a real member of parliaments twitter account. Replying to the editor of the Daily Telegraph.... (he thought it was a private message, lol)

as an MP you should never publicly write something like that about the person who holds the office of Prime Minister. It's pretty well known

Yes they attack each other, but that is a blatent personal attack that can get you into hotwater in parliament.

Shaneus

The lower price and fast production cycle already made me assume it would be a bare bones release. Totally fine with that. It will tide me over until another decent racer comes out a few months down the track. Burnout would be nice. CRASH MODE INCLUDED THANK YOU.
Man, what I wouldn't give for a perfect port on a handheld of Burnout 2 (or 3... I think 3 was good as well, yeah?). Instead it gets polluted with fucking EA TRACKXSZX!!1 and BS gameplay choices. The orignal music was awesome. The original aesthetic was awesome. The crash mode was awesome.

Also, Portal 2 on sale. If my brother doesn't have it, I'll buy the double. If he does, I'll probably skip getting a copy for myself. There's logic in that somewhere... I think.

Surprised by the lack of stuff for me to comment on here in AusGAF, given I have been fairly busy this morning and haven't checked since 9am-ish. You guys (and shan) need to lift your game considerably.

Yagharek

choc may be right (I dont know) but to be honest, looking at parliament in recent years/decades, it seems that it's a case of 'anything goes'. No-one seems to show respect at all in that place.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
m3dlmkartevent8.jpg

INCEPTION

Choc

Banned
so Pyny is going to go through every single government MP? >_>

If they do and they offer it to Craig Thomson then you know they really have lost the fucking plot

It seems he is going to. Also, this proves what a farce the liberals are at the moment. What a complete waste of time. It just shows how petty they are.

also

lol @ this

m: Undeterred by Burke's rejection, Pyne moves to his next target, Dick Adams: "In the absence of the member for Chisholm accepting the nomination, it gives me great pleasure to nominate the member for Lyons. His top qualification is that he is a member of the government."

Choc

Banned
Chris Pyne called today a day of infamy

YOU

FUCKWIT

that is reserved for major fucking days. Today is not one, because you fucking arseholes no longer can hold the house of reps to ransom like you once did

fuck

wits

Gazunta

Hahaha Vince you're awesome.

LUNCH TIME WHOOO

And by that I mean 'wolf something down and then draw a comic nobody will read" time!

Dead Man

Chris Pyne called today a day of infamy

YOU

FUCKWIT

that is reserved for major fucking days. Today is not one, because you fucking arseholes no longer can hold the house of reps to ransom like you once did

fuck

wits

I am ashamed that he is my local member. Fucking twat.

Choc

Banned
13.31pm: Mal Farr on potentially explosive rumours swirling around Canberra this afternoon:
"Liberal sources all day have speculated that a Labor MP might soon be arrested and Mr Jenkins was told to resign to improve the Government’s numbers."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/har...er/story-e6frfkvr-1226204378477#ixzz1eaTOSItg

*popcorn.gif*

Craig Thomson?

and wow if true

13.29pm: Tony Abbott says Jenkins is the loneliest man in Parliament right now.
"As a very loyal son of the Labor Party he would have accepted the dictation of his Labor superiors with a very heavy heart. As a man who is also a creature of party … I respect him all the more for doing it.
"What has happened today is absolutely extraordinary and unprecedented. This is happening because she has made the judgment that the govt needs to shore up its numbers in this place (and) her position.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/har...er/story-e6frfkvr-1226204378477#ixzz1eaTkegsi

Don't try and tell me you wouldnt do it Tony, because you're full of it.

13.24pm: From Mal Farr in Canberra: Slipper's first act was to call on Prime Minister Julia Gillard, who praised his predecessor Harry Jenkins, who was sitting at the far end of the Government benches. “He is a child of this House, he learned a love of democracy in the family home. But he is also a child of the Labor Party,’’ said Ms Gillard. She added her only regret was that he hadn't booted Chris Pyne from the house more often...

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/har...er/story-e6frfkvr-1226204378477#ixzz1eaTy9Iud

LOL

Also, Portal 2 on sale. If my brother doesn't have it, I'll buy the double. If he does, I'll probably skip getting a copy for myself. There's logic in that somewhere... I think.
how much is the double pack? I would be interested in going in on it since I don't have a PC copy yet.

oh snap....

Tony Windsor nominates Christopher Pyne.... "coz that might be the only way to shut him up"
lol
Highly entertaining day in politics. Shows how fucked we all are.

Choc

Banned
Am I the only one that thinks Abbot has a right to be angry?

he has zero right to be honest. Aside from knowing he just got outplayed yet again by the Government.

The Government needs to build its numbers to govern, the minority government was causing it problems and so either the speaker had jack of it and wanted to leave or Julia tapped him and said please (fwiw i think it was the former given the speakers integrity Harry Jenkins)

The Liberals had turned one of their own against them by not offering him the next election and so the ALP may have seen an opportunity to gain a vote and lose a liberal vote

In minority governments you take what you can get.

Tony would have done the same thing, there is no fucking doubt of this.

MT, maybe not.

Andrew wilkie on the other hand probably has eevery right to be furious. Its possible the government tagged him along for the ride and just before his deadline pulled the pin.

Choc

Banned
TA halted question time 2 mins in

fuck sake get OVER it

Another day another censure motion

Tony, its not going to EVER happen.

midonnay

why should abbott have a right to be angry?

When Howard was government, big fat corrupt Mal Colston was given their support to be deputy president in the Senate to win him over to their side.

Kritz

Banned
AusGAF Hall of Game: (also fame)

1. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. The Orange Box
  4. Portal 2
  5. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations
  6. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
  7. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  8. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  9. Saints Row: The Third
  10. Shadow of the Colossus
  11. Tetris DS
  12. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
  13. Fallout: New Vegas
  14. Resident Evil 4
  15. Saints Row 2
  16. Street Fighter IV
  17. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  18. Amnesia: The Dark Descent
  19. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
  20. Battlefield 2

AusGAF Hall of No Games: (also shame)

1. Battlefield Heroes
  2. Spore
  3. Perfect Dark Zero
  4. Call of Duty 3
  5. Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
  6. Quake 4
  7. The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine
  8. Prototype
  9. Scribblenauts
  10. Age of Empires III

AusGAF have played 815 different games this generation - 53% of all games released.

That's probably all I'll make of the spreadsheet for now. It's pretty interesting data, but I can't really simplify it much more than that.

It's a fuckin shame I did this during my free time instead of like, as apart of something I could be graded on. :D

I can understand Abbot being angry about being outdone again but he has done nothing but bitch and moan the last 12 months trying to drag Labor out of office. If he was actually coming up with some great policies and actually being BETTER than Labor he would have my vote. Instead we get a fucking circus. Labor have simply been better at outmanoeuvring the Liberals. Sad that politics have resorted to spending all your time and attention trying to fuck the other guy over rather than worrying about what is in our best interests.

Lets give Communism a go guys!

Choc

Banned
fuck australian politics thsi is the real worry

strongest economy in Eurozone Germany only managed to sell 35% of 10 billion dollar bonds it was offering

that, is bad

I went to JB HiFi earlier to get Tales of the Abyss that they supposedly had as an exclusive.
They didnt even have it on the shelf.

It wasn't listed on their site until launch day and now its listed as $70!!

I'm just about done with retailers

Jintor

You're clearly insane kritz. Leave the spreadsheet up so we can periodically add to it, I think that'd be interesting.

Anyway Deputy Editor is playing Serious Sam 3. It looks really drab until it looks awesome, which is when it's filling the screen with enemies, which is when it's fun.

giri

3. The Orange Box
  4. Portal 2
  11. Tetris DS
  14. Resident Evil 4
  15. Saints Row 2
  16. Street Fighter IV
  17. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  20. Battlefield 2

1. Battlefield Heroes
  2. Spore
  3. Perfect Dark Zero
  4. Call of Duty 3
  6. Quake 4
  8. Prototype
  9. Scribblenauts
  10. Age of Empires III

AusGAF have played 815 different games this generation - 53% of all games released.

That's probably all I'll make of the spreadsheet for now. It's pretty interesting data, but I can't really simplify it much more than that.

It's a fuckin shame I did this during my free time instead of like, as apart of something I could be graded on. :D

where's the spreadsheet?

legend166

Why would he have any right to be angry?

Because the people voted a certain way. Now some douchey Liberal MP is practically crossing the floor on a permanent basis. That's basically what's happening right? I'm actually being sincere, I'm just trying to figure out what's happening:

- The Speaker of the House has always been taken from the governing party
- In this case, this proved to be annoying for Labor.
- Slipper throws a hissy fit because he's not going to get preselected for the next election.
- Goes to the ALP to get himself elected Speaker, completely screwing over the Liberal Party in the process.

It's a massive douche move. I don't really care what Abbot's done in the past - I'm just looking at this issue in isolation. It's also pretty insulting to the people who voted for Slipper in the first place, because they voted for a Liberal Party Member.

How does he not have a right to be angry?

legend166

3. The Orange Box
  4. Portal 2
  11. Tetris DS
  14. Resident Evil 4
  15. Saints Row 2
  16. Street Fighter IV
  17. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  20. Battlefield 2

1. Battlefield Heroes
  2. Spore
  3. Perfect Dark Zero
  4. Call of Duty 3
  6. Quake 4
  8. Prototype
  9. Scribblenauts
  10. Age of Empires III

I know the numbers aren't big enough, but can we maybe get a cut off in terms of how many scores a certain game must have to get into the hall of fame?

midonnay

Because the people voted a certain way. Now some douchey Liberal MP is practically crossing the floor on a permanent basis. That's basically what's happening right? I'm actually being sincere, I'm just trying to figure out what's happening:

not exactly..... the speaker doesn't get a vote unless there is a tie....

Mal Colston was a true rat..... Got telstra flogged off amongst other things.

Sold off his party because he wouldn't get several thousand bucks extra for continuing as deputy president. He was top of the labor senate ticket in queensland for decades.

Kritz

Banned
I know the numbers aren't big enough, but can we maybe get a cut off in terms of how many scores a certain game must have to get into the hall of fame?

The minimum is four. Considering we only have like 20 people in the thing I'd say that's a reasonable stopping point.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE SHEET

If people want to go back and edit it from time to time maybe Vooks can stick it in the OP.

Top Bottom