• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleborn |OT| Multiplayer Online Bad-Ass Shooter

Menome

Seems like most people are learning. Had a ton of fun matches on PS4 today

I've had a lot fewer steamroller matches this week, there's usually a good tug-of-war between the two teams.

Eagerly awaiting the patch so I can start playing Galilea. I don't want to get too used to her as she is and then have to adjust once the nerfs come in.

Gurrry

They need to increase the amount of credits you earn. 300 - 600 credits per match is not enough.

After playing the past few days, ive realized that even when you win, you dont always get 600. Ive won tons of games where I only get about 300, which is what I used to normally get for a loss. Not to mention games where people surrender before you can take out their final sentry.

I think it all just comes down to the challenges you complete during a game. However, when you finally complete all of those, the amount you get is going to dry up pretty quick.

Pretty sure that grinding single player basic story missions is the way to get the most credits. I havent tested this for certain though.

Gryph

After playing the past few days, ive realized that even when you win, you dont always get 600. Ive won tons of games where I only get about 300, which is what I used to normally get for a loss. Not to mention games where people surrender before you can take out their final sentry.

I think it all just comes down to the challenges you complete during a game. However, when you finally complete all of those, the amount you get is going to dry up pretty quick.

Pretty sure that grinding single player basic story missions is the way to get the most credits. I havent tested this for certain though.

If I'm obsessive about chest, I can get a lot of coins in a single player mission... Not sure it's any better time wise though...

Gurrry

If I'm obsessive about chest, I can get a lot of coins in a single player mission... Not sure it's any better time wise though...

I am as well, I really like buying them to get the skins that are more rare.

Since I started saving my credits yesterday (I had about 4k before I heard the cost of the DLC character), I now have 16k. I have played allllllooootttt. I mix it up between all the modes too, which might actually make the grind slower, idk.

Obviously 47k is feasible, but I still think its too harsh. Most people arent going to be able to grind hard enough to get the credits before she releases, which is obviously the point.

I love the game and will buy the season pass if they actually show me whats in it first. I need to see them skins!

Thabian

I'm not that bothered by the high unlock cost of the new heroes. You have to remember that Gearbox is giving everyone new maps and modes for free. CoD would charge $15 per map pack.

You can also buy the season pass for $16 on legit sites for PC.

$16 is like 1 hero in Heroes of the Storm. In Battleborn you get 5 heroes + skins + taunts + 5 missions.

It's closer to 2 heroes, but I agree the season pass seems like a pretty great deal comparatively.

I'm honestly happy with the content in the game already, but I like the game enough I'm leaning towards grabbing the pass anyway.

Gurrry

GBX posted 2 new shift codes. Both are for epic loot packs!

HWC3B-6XZ99-FK5RJ-RWXTJ-6XBX3

SC5BB-ZWHHH-RWWRB-6KXBT-BCSHZ

Try redeeming it multiple times if it doesnt go through at first.

Lucifon

Just did the last mission on advanced and we failed on the final boss. Took about 40 mins up to that point. Great xp reward with the double xp... But the credit reward? 99. After all that time. Gearbox need to sort the credit rate out because releasing characters for 10s of thousands of credits is almost a massive middle finger to players trying to earn them.

Koeta

Finally unlocked Phoebe <3

gp3n2ua.png

now for Deande and Ghalt....>.>

Gurrry

Finally unlocked Phoebe <3

now for Deande and Ghalt....>.>

Pheobe is so awesome. Once you get the hang of her, theres a gear loadout that can get you to basically have infinite blink. Just take Q at level 2 and F and level 6 and wear gear that subtracts your shield to as low as you can get it. Right now I have it down to 38.

Basically, you phasegate (your shield will recharge once you blink), if you get hit for any damage, because your shield is so low, it will deplete on hit. Then your your level 6 helix kicks in and reduces the cooldown to 0.

So basically, if youre running.. Phasegate > Get hit and deplete shield > Phasegate > Shield recharges automatically... then repeat.

thumb

Banned
I'm playing the campaign and my game is constantly having network hiccups where my character seems to jerk forward/back/etc. I did not experience this playing during the beta.

It's making me not want to play at all. Is anyone else encountering this?

Gryph

I'm playing the campaign and my game is constantly having network hiccups where my character seems to jerk forward/back/etc. I did not experience this playing during the beta.

What's your platform?

On the PS4 I've had zero networking problems in game. Had an hour where I couldn't log on once, but that's it for me.

If you're on PC I'd say try changing your region.

Koeta

Been playing PC version most of the morning and only had 1 PVP game with slight lag, rest of the time has been lag free.

Mossybrew

This double xp deal is great. Finally got all characters unlocked and getting them leveled up a bit. Surprisingly I really like Kleese, cruising around in his dope battle furniture.

Man, I really wish there was a mode that I could try out characters in, that wasn't a big time commitment. I end up picking the same characters that I know I'm good with over and over because I don't want to let down my team

Xevren

Man, I really wish there was a mode that I could try out characters in, that wasn't a big time commitment. I end up picking the same characters that I know I'm good with over and over because I don't want to let down my team

Can always just do a private match vs bots to try a character out for a little bit.

Private games. I wouldn't worry too much about normal story either: Unless you simply cannot play you don't need to be anywhere near proficient with a hero to win.

Gryph

Yeah, I'd say the story mode is great for getting used to the hero abilities and getting a feel for how squishy / tough they are.

Then a private game or two to see how they perform with the game mechanics. Then you're good, don't worry too much about being a master for your first few games with real people. It's not a biggie.

Private games. I wouldn't worry too much about normal story either: Unless you simply cannot play you don't need to be anywhere near proficient with a hero to win.

Yeah, I'd say the story mode is great for getting used to the hero abilities and getting a feel for how squishy / tough they are.

Then a private game or two to see how they perform with the game mechanics. Then you're good, don't worry too much about being a master for your first few games with real people. It's not a biggie.

Nice of ya'll to say. I always feel awful if I'm not piling on the DPS with Orendi or Marquis haha

Edit: God bless the Toby player I have been sparring with across meltdown maps all day. It's been fun annoying the shit out of each other

Gryph

How do you do the Addonexus lore challenge for Phoebe?

Pulled this tip from Reddit, might help you.

Addonexus: Deal 2,000 damage in a single use of Blade Rush. This is among the more technical ones, and unless you get really lucky rather unlikely to happen in normal play. The best spot is inside the Varelsi Void on Void's Edge, taking out all the Marksmen and kiting the Skulks until you have a 12+ all clustered up, then hitting them with Blade Rush. To maximize your damage, use lv3 Shield Stabilizers, lv7 Core Overload, lv9 The Conduit, +% Skill Damage and + Maximum Shield Strength gear. Some say to also use lv4 Unintended Innovation for the AoE (which is the way I did it on my first try), while others advise not to, and instead aim for piercing critical hits.

Xevren

I feel like such a moron for buying this. Prime time on Saturday and can't get meltdown matches. Wish I at least got it physically, lesson learned.

Koeta

So I finally unlocked Phoebe and to my surprise she has a huge flash on every swing of her weapon, this sucks >.< I understand the reasoning for doing it on guns (even though it's still a pain) but a sword ;/ it makes playing characters with these strobe lights almost unplayable to me.

https://youtu.be/_ykJJe1dZGE

Anyone know a way to tone this down?

So I finally unlocked Phoebe and to my surprise she has a huge flash on every swing of her weapon, this sucks >.< I understand the reasoning for doing it on guns (even though it's still a pain) but a sword ;/ it makes playing characters with these strobe lights almost unplayable to me.

https://youtu.be/_ykJJe1dZGE

Anyone know a way to tone this down?
Not at the moment. Don't no if the FOV update would change that.
Pulled this tip from Reddit, might help you.
It helped.
I feel like such a moron for buying this. Prime time on Saturday and can't get meltdown matches. Wish I at least got it physically, lesson learned.
Which version?

PS4, been like this for nearly a week now :(

Weird, I've been playing meltdown all night with no issues!

Do you have some crazy command rank? Maybe you're boinking the matchmaking somehow? And if you do, I think the money wasted comments are a little melodramatic

zedge

Wow.. we won a game of incursion. 1 out of 20 matches is not so bad I guess.

/sarcasm

Seems so hard to win any games. On the plus side I unlocked Caldarius, liking him so far.

:p

Top Bottom