• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

I tried to join a few GAFers but all servers were full :(

Also, Origin keeps resending me friend requests of people I already had on my friend list :\

If you can make it in to a game with me please do so! Would be nice to have some GAFers to play with.

Spl1nter

Since the beta is in a number of players hands, I wanted to point out the multiplay servers for BF3 are now at $1 a slot. This is simply a tremendous price. They are one of the most reputable game server companies. Check out the servers they have available in the beta if possible.

At this price we already have enough for 64 player server for 6 months! Alternatively, GAF could have a 32 and 64 player server for the same price as most other companies at 64 players.

Updated OP. I'll be playing around 6:30 PM CST, if anyone wants to join up. Gonna hopefully test out the VOIP and squad joining options.

Spl1nter said:
Since the beta is in a number of players hands, I wanted to point out the multiplay servers for BF3 are now at $1 a slot. This is simply a tremendous price. They are one of the most reputable game server companies. Check out the servers they have available in the beta if possible.

At this price we already have enough for 64 player server for 6 months! Alternatively, GAF could have a 32 and 64 player server for the same price as most other companies at 64 players.

Holy shit. I'll be sure to try those out.

Menelaus

Banned
iSurvivedTheOutage said:
Netcode is SHIT

god i rubberbanded for like 5 mins straight before i gave up
That's not the netcode, that's the servers busting at the seams like the bowels of the Titanic.

scogoth

That was such a grea*disconnect*

This is so aweso*disconnect*

Yes we got the m-co*disconnect*

-Looks at battlelog the wrong way-*disconnect*

LordCanti

I don't know how much data we're going to get on server hosts during this beta. It is equally as big of a buggy, crashing mess as the alpha. It's like they've made absolutely no progress.

We had a party going, and maybe one or two of our matches didn't end with the server crashing on us.

LanAro

Had some fun rounds with some of you, we even saw streets!
Had 130 in ping from Norway on the Virginia server, but it seem to work fine.

Anyway, great to be apart of something at least resembling teamwork.

Spoo

Spoo | Spoogeist here! (NA, West)

And apparently the top Recon as of right now (which is strange because I rarely play Recon).

LordCanti

Multiplay just dropped their pricing to $1 a slot (thanks to whoever tipped me about this on mumble).

....Mother of God.

Play a ton of Multiplay, let's see if their servers are good.

iSurvivedTheOutage said:
I want to join this awesome awesomeness. I just want to win once as attackers before the day is over. That is all.

IT'S SO GOOD MAN

I WAS IN A SERVER, SUDDENLY

"GAF REPRESENT"

AND I RANDOMED A SERVER

FUCKING AWESOME

so apparently the game doesnt recognize any extra mouse buttons ATM so if u have a gaming mouse its basically obsolete right now...I also keep getting kicked randomly..

So who do I have to wait on to add me to the gaf platoon?

Spoo

Legato.Reborn- said:
SPOO, WE FUCKING OWNED THAT SHIT

GOD DAMN SON

SHIT

Yeah, we basically ruined everyone every single match. It got pretty heated when it kept putting us on opposite teams, though :D

Ysiadmihi

Banned
So I tried to join the GAF platoon and got the "Your account is not allowed to login" (paraphrashing) message. Is this because I haven't booted up the game yet or should I be worried D:

Souljiro

10 hours to download beta.......damn you verizon I asked to remove one thing of my phone bill and what do they do downgrade my connection. Until they fix it I'll be adding more people to my origin list when I get on tomorrow!

Spl1nter

scogoth said:
Great games tonight everyone but I think we solidly showed why ff should be off, Spl1nter will be on the server.

A real shame that cuban wasnt there. Oh how I wish battlerecorder was available for when I mowed down 5 of my teammates is under 2 seconds. It was glorious.

Hey, we still won!

scogoth

Spl1nter said:
A real shame that cuban wasnt there. Oh how I wish battlerecorder was available for when I mowed down 5 of my teammates is under 2 seconds. It was glorious.

Hey, we still won!

Only because Sanjay would fire at anything that moved in front of him, mostly me. You watch next time with 1x, 3x, 3.4x, 4x, 6x, 7x and 12x scopes I will beat you!!!

LordCanti

Thanks for all the games guys. I think my hand is about to fall off.

Also: No mortar in the beta, confirmed (sadly, by me).

After ten minutes of reflection, I've realized....that I'm completely burned out on Op_Metro.

LordCanti

Mr. Snrub said:
Lanaro1 called me a cheater...and I don't know if he was joking. After all, I went 9 and 20 in one of the last rounds.

I'm not sure if there are any cheats yet, but I've seen some strange stuff. I got killed by a corpse, shot through walls, etc. I saw an endless stream of dead bodies that were kind of half floating, and half flailing about.

At least the server crashing seemed to have gotten better in the late afternoon. We couldn't go a game without crashing earlier in the day.

Edit: Don't forget to test out multiplay servers guys. $64 a month compared to $83 for their cheapest competitor (that I could find) and $100 for almost everyone else.

LordCanti said:
I'm not sure if there are any cheats yet, but I've seen some strange stuff. I got killed by a corpse, shot through walls, etc. I saw an endless stream of dead bodies that were kind of half floating, and half flailing about.

At least the server crashing seemed to have gotten better in the late afternoon. We couldn't go a game without crashing earlier in the day.
I spent the last ten minutes in a game where I was stuck five metres below ground, several times... I gave up playing today.

Spoo

Spent some time invading NeoGAFFer's games :D

Played a little with maniac-kun, and SonicMaster. He went fast :)

Sorry I wasn't on to play with you guys last night. Hopefully I will be tonight :)

Have you found any East Coast servers from the providers we're looking at yet? I'd like to try it out if so.

LanAro

Mr. Snrub said:
Lanaro1 called me a cheater...and I don't know if he was joking. After all, I went 9 and 20 in one of the last rounds.

I was just joking because of this one guy who insisted thatyou were hacking. I'm pretty sure there aren't any cheasts yet. There probably will be around release though, but thankfully we are going to have our own server, so we can just ban the fuckers.

LanAro said:
I was just joking because of this one guy who insisted thatyou were hacking. I'm pretty sure there aren't any cheasts yet. There probably will be around release though, but thankfully we are going to have our own server, so we can just ban the fuckers.

Haha, that's what I figured, but you were offline by the time I saw your message. How lame is it that we don't have Battlelog IM notifications while we're in game?

I didn't know I was being called a hacker. How flattering!

Also, I appreciate everyone accepting my little brother as an honorary gaffer--he was hanging out in Tea Time on Mumble with some gaffers last night. He's young and certainly can act so, but he's a good kid.

Edit: and as far as I can tell, Multiplay servers play great...but just about every server disconnects at the end of a match. Don't think it's a Multiplay problem, of course.

Smokey

yea so I badly need a squad to play in. i can't take much more of playing in a squad where every damn person is a medic. please help me.

name = dboythagr9

LordCanti

If you guys need someone to play with, get on the GAF mumble server. There is usually a group in there ready to play (or currently playing).

One month to go...one month to go.

abuC

LordCanti said:
If you guys need someone to play with, get on the GAF mumble server. There is usually a group in there ready to play (or currently playing).

One month to go...one month to go.
Try to get a road kill!

LordCanti

abuC said:
Try to get a road kill!

I could. You can fly the jets low.

Sadly, you can't really kill anything with them right now. Need missiles, and I don't think they are available in the beta.

You can have awesome dogfights though.

scogoth

LordCanti said:
I could. You can fly the jets low.

Sadly, you can't really kill anything with them right now. Need missiles, and I don't think they are available in the beta.

You can have awesome dogfights though.

Whats ground effect? pssssht it doesn't exist

Norua

Banned
I can't join US servers most of the time, so I can't really play with the people on Mumble. It just stays on "JOINING SERVER". Which is a bitch because I can here you playing like a team and having fun when I end up with total strangers who can't do anything beside waiting for a jet or camping an island on Metro. I've been trying to get with a gaf squad for two hours now.

Top Bottom