• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

scogoth

Norua said:
I can't join US servers most of the time, so I can't really play with the people on Mumble. It just stays on "JOINING SERVER". Which is a bitch because I can here you playing like a team and having fun when I end up with total strangers who can't do anything beside waiting for a jet or camping an island on Metro. I've been trying to get with a gaf squad for two hours now.

Get a mic on mumble and join with use when we join an empty server. Thats how we all end up on the same team

LordCanti

scogoth said:
Whats ground effect? pssssht it doesn't exist

I know it's not realistic, but oh my God is it so fun to buzz the ground from an inch off of it. You really get a feel for how fast the jets actually are when the ground is right there to wizz by.

Guys, if you aren't aware, a good portion of BF3PC-GAF is on mumble a lot of the time when we're in game (or going to set up a game). Instructions for setting it up can be found here (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065). Even if you don't have a mic, you can still listen in as we set up games and what not (so you'll know what we're doing).

The in-game voip quality in the beta is horrendous. If it doesn't improve by a lot, I could see us using Mumble for our server.

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Amazing games GAF. Crashes were a bummer though. D = automatic victory

I hope they have that fixed for the retail version, but I'm not holding my breath =/

Definitely thanks for the games though guys (maybe more later, once my wrist stops aching)

Yeah, DAMN fine games. Too bad that last one crashed, we fucking rocked it.

Hope they make the radio beacon beep a bit louder or have a visible little flash or something. A little too hard to find at times.

scogoth

LordCanti said:
I know it's not realistic, but oh my God is it so fun to buzz the ground from an inch off of it. You really get a feel for how fast the jets actually are when the ground is right there to wizz by.

I thought something was off when I ran into a tree came to a dead stop floated sideways then took off again. I was a little surprised when that happened, who knew that trees were that strong

LordCanti

Mr. Snrub said:
Yeah, DAMN fine games. Too bad that last one crashed, we fucking rocked it.

Hope they make the radio beacon beep a bit louder or have a visible little flash or something. A little too hard to find at times.

I couldn't hear the radio beacon at all. People were just popping out at us from no where, and it took forever to find out where it was.

It needs to be a lot bigger, or time delayed, or not exist at all. Preferably the last one :p

Sanjay

Norua said:
I can't join US servers most of the time, so I can't really play with the people on Mumble. It just stays on "JOINING SERVER". Which is a bitch because I can here you playing like a team and having fun when I end up with total strangers who can't do anything beside waiting for a jet or camping an island on Metro. I've been trying to get with a gaf squad for two hours now.

Just play on UK servers, there so free :D

Bit-Bit

Bit-Bit | Tekkena | USA! USA! USA! East Coast!

Also, donated. Can't wait to get this party started.

Just added everyone. That only took 30 freakin minutes.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
If anyone added my other account (Kak8614), please replace it with kaktheinfected. Had to make a new account just to play the open beta :|

LADIES (lol) AND GENTLEMEN

We have arrived.

$403.56

Also, I'm having a great experience on the Multiplay servers. Any impressions from others?

Should we consider just making regional Platoons at this point? Might be easier than copy/pasting for me and for anyone adding friends.

scogoth

Got smoke =]

So semi auto shotgun with frag rounds somehow with a grenade launcher with a glitched perk allowing infinite smoke grenades. This beta isn't broken at all.

LordCanti

ACE 1991 said:
Ace 1991 | aceedkins | North America - East Coast

So, how do I play with other gaffers since the platoon is full?

Add them manually in battlelog using the list in the OP.

Mr. Snrub said:

We have arrived.

$403.56

Also, I'm having a great experience on the Multiplay servers. Any impressions from others?

U653D.jpg

Multiplay's servers seem stable to me. I really need to get into them when they're filled with 64 players, but just in general, they seem every bit as stable as any others. Myis seemed really high quality as well from what I played, but their price was still just as high last I checked.

Randy

Europe (West)

Randy | Roshizu

Could use some GAFers in my Origin-thingie, so feel free to add me. OBT downloading as we speak, if my pc is up to it, I'll definitely donate a couple of bucks for the GAF-server.

LordCanti

Menelaus said:
Multiplay has been great to me so far. I see no reason not to jump on that deal.

Play the hell out of the Multiplay VA (Virginia) servers. That would be the most likely place for a server (or New York, but I don't see any NY servers in the beta).

We still need to find out the terms of the deal (does the deal last for as long as our server is up, or is the price only good on pre-ordered months?) but right now it's looking really hard to pass up. At $67 a month, we've paid for six months already, compared to four at any other service provider.

Menelaus

Banned
I need to hook up with some of you guys before the beta is over...I've been (and will be) heavily tied up with FIFA 12 in the next few weeks =(

Souljiro

Mr. Snrub said:

We have arrived.

$403.56

Should we consider just making regional Platoons at this point? Might be easier than copy/pasting for me and for anyone adding friends.

I'm with this there should be some type of organization. It's becoming a drag having to copy/paste everyone and the list keeps growing!

scogoth

LordCanti said:
Play the hell out of the Multiplay VA (Virginia) servers. That would be the most likely place for a server (or New York, but I don't see any NY servers in the beta).

We still need to find out the terms of the deal (does the deal last for as long as our server is up, or is the price only good on pre-ordered months?) but right now it's looking really hard to pass up. At $67 a month, we've paid for six months already, compared to four at any other service provider.

We are playing the shit out of every server and they all crash =( I want my progress!

LordCanti

scogoth said:
We are playing the shit out of every server and they all crash =( I want my progress!

Don't get me started. 3 in a row, for a total of probably 15,000 lost points. I could cry. We completely steamrolled the other teams though. It was glorious.

Menelaus said:
I need to hook up with some of you guys before the beta is over...I've been (and will be) heavily tied up with FIFA 12 in the next few weeks =(

Get on mumble (even if you don't have a mic). We filled an entire team with GAF, and everyone was on mumble. I think we may play more later (I had to leave. Some may still be playing.)

Of course, Spl1nter already has 300 headshots.

I'm #1 skill! Gonna enjoy it while it lasts. I don't even remember when I got this 16 kill streak, either.

Great games tonight as always, GAF. We're like a barbarian horde when we're all on the same team.

Okay, just created one of the first Platoons: NeoGAF NA Central

For some reason, it wasn't giving me my entire list of friends to invite, so I could only invite a few of you. Please ask to join if you are located in Central North America (Canada included).

I was thinking about making the others, but it might be appropriate for a dedicated BF3 fan to create the platoons for the other regions. Would anyone like to create the platoon for their region?

Bear in mind that there's a good chance these platoons will be wiped once the beta ends, but they're super easy to make anyway.

scogoth

Legato.Reborn- said:
SORRY CANTI, I AM #1 SUPPORT HERE.

Sorry to burst your bubble but your missing quite a few people on your list.

Most imporantly....
20110930-qgdra5kpiur9ybd5sx6tw4tjbr.png

THATS RIGHT MR. NOTHIN I'm better with less score. I <3 glitches =)

Mr. Snrub said:

For some reason, it wasn't giving me my entire list of friends to invite, so I could only invite a few of you. Please ask to join if you are located in Central North America (Canada included).

I'm going to make the others tonight/tomorrow, I'll keep y'all posted.

HAHAHA central Canada. Theres nothing in central canada other then wheat and cows.

Heres the GAF NA East platoon

Kaper

scogoth said:
HAHAHA central Canada. Theres nothing in central canada other then wheat and cows.

Hey now, we just got our NHL team back. 100 member limit for platoons is silly. Has anyone reached/knows the friend list cap? Central GAF has best Platoon Icon.

1stStrike

Banned
I'll be playing with the NA east guys. Also, I'll be happy to donate some money towards a server once the game goes live. It's worth it to have a dedicated place to play + plus a reserved slot. I don't want to play with randoms :p

My IGN is Striketh

AppleMIX

Mr. Snrub said:

Minnesota Reporting in. My ID should be LiquidMurray.

Join the platoon (once Battlelog is updated), guys
grin.gif

I'm not updating the list if we have a platoon that we can all just join and use to gather friends.

Right, I just put some time into the Multiplay VA server. It's stupid they don't show ping on the scoreboards, but it felt really good. Where I aimed and shot at the bullets seemed to hit. The lag was so minimal I couldn't feel it. Felt really, really good.

So, since that location seems to be good for UK play, my vote goes towards a Multiplay server! I know they're really reliable from other games, so the good performance over the sea cemented it for me.

And, again, I've failed to play with you guys :( I've been back at university this week so I've needed early nights etc. Once the game is actually out I can be sat up til 4am playing with you lot (not that I'll be nearly as good as you, looking at those stats! But every server needs a noob, right? :D)

Facism

Live_Feed1982 - West Europe.

No idea why my Origin account added the 1982, my EA account has always been just Live_Feed :< Anyway to change it?

1stStrike

Banned
A server in New York is a good bet. The datacenters there tend to have great latency to the UK/Europe, the entire east coast and middle US, with acceptable ping times to west coast players as well if they hop in.

Top Bottom