• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

gillFTR

I think I suggested earlier we should have a platoon with donors...extra incentive for donations. Reserved slot in server and GAF platoon.

Good admin list. I will try my best not to get banned! I'll also try not owning you guys too hard.

Thank god I have the dota 2 beta to keep busy while I wait until Tuesday. These recent trailers have got me super hyped

Mr. Snrub said:
Possibly. I remember considering this but when I counted up just the list of names in the OP (which is a bit undercounted, since I stopped adding people once we had the platoons set up), it was 70. I think we'd hit the 100 limit pretty quickly, if it's still in the final.

we should try out best to plan this out so we split the Continental US/North America as a whole + South America, into the LEAST amount of platoons possible.

the BF3 PC OT should have a post near the OP with all registered GAF members with their Origin names/links to their battle-log, by region, so we can plan the platoons the best way possible, so we dont have to end up making "2nd" groups for a region and splitting everyone up.

one good thing is with that OT list we can at least provide a way for everyone to have everyone they want on their friends list, whether they are in the same Platoon or not.

iSurvivedTheOutage said:
What will the GAF servers be named? Im in the platoon BTW. SkubaStewart

I nominate that we have a funny subtitle for our server, like we do with our OTs.

[NeoGAF] Community East-Coast Server of "insert funny thing here"

all platoons should have been deleted since the beta, so we have to do them all over again, which is why I'm talking about planning them out in the best way possible.

scogoth

Cuban Legend said:
would be cool if all the GAF Regional Platoons had some sort of general theme even though they would be different.

Can you do it, scogoth?

BTW can we fit all of US North American PC BF3 gaf in one Platoon?

What about all of Continental US BF3-GAF in one Platoon? time zone regions seems to me like it's spreading our group a little thin.

I can try and create a flag for Canada and US. If for no other reason then to show up euro gaf.

Cuban Legend said:
I nominate that we have a funny subtitle for our server, like we do with our OTs.

all platoons should have been deleted since the beta, so we have to do them all over again, which is why I'm talking about planning them out in the best way possible.

holeee crud I did not know that...damn

well im southeastern US

Ill donate as well.

Kyaw

Euro-GAF represent!

euro-mapafse.gif

LordCanti

All donors, make sure your battlelog/origin name is current in the OP (or in the donor list on the blog), because that's how I'll be adding people to the reserved list.

Edit: Good point. Admin's, also make sure your Battlelog/Origin name is current.

Spl1nter

LordCanti said:
All donors, make sure your battlelog/origin name is current in the OP (or in the donor list on the blog), because that's how I'll be adding people to the reserved list.

mine needs to be updated:

old | new
Spl1nter3 | Spl1nters

Smokey

LordCanti said:
Smokeygaf is my new origin name.

Deadly

Cuban Legend said:

Agreed something funny would be great.

Deadly said:
Agreed something funny would be great.
well find some funny inside joke once we play the game after a few days or something. for example:

NeoGAF 64-Conquest USA-EAST-VA Server of Blinding Friendly Flashlights

scogoth

achapel said:
I think we should have a donators only platoon. The rest for gaf related ones can be broken up however.

So if you stop donating, BAN HAMMER.

Shawty with you under the mistletoe.

EDIT: can't wait for GAF server, just got banned for 4 days on some random pub server for shooting concrete barricades. Apparently they're team assets.

LordCanti said:

Mine needs updating

Megalodactyl | Megalodactylz

LordCanti

fin said:
One of my origin friends is playing right now. Must be reviewing the game.

It shows up as playing, even if you can't get past the date verification screen. I was freaking people out earlier today.

squidyj

scogoth said:
I can try and create a flag for Canada and US. If for no other reason then to show up euro gaf.

That original CanGAF flag in the news thread (I think it was there) was pretty good before all the Leafs favouritism.

fin

Wow at the Origin DL speeds, I got 10gb in around an hour!

Looks like I can play it 1:00am Tuesday. I really want to take Tuesday of work, but can't. I'll be up all night though! I find I function better on zero sleep as less then 4 hours. That is till around 2:00pm then I start dragging my ass.

If anyone finds a way to hack the system to start early
chapel
pm me.

LordCanti

Spl1nter said:

I wonder if that works in a jet. See a bunch of people on the runway, fly all the way out, and then down the runway as low as possible. Bail out at the last second, sending the jet forward into the crowd of players.

Could be epic.....

I wouldn't be mad if someone did that to me. Really I wouldn't.

So banned.

ColonelVirus

Neo Member
Hey guys :D

Got my slot for the server all saved, can't wait to jump on with you guys!!

My name is pretty much the same across everything platform and game I play.

Origin name is: ColonelVirus. Probably be getting this on console as well, because unfortunately I have friends that don't own PCs who pester me into buying things :( Peer pressure FTW.

Anyway add me up, see you in game :D

ColonelVirus.

Courtesy of Branzone and Planet BF, BF3 Server Admin docs have popped up. Just for everyone to consider:

The following settings are available:
vars.serverName controls the name of the server, as seen in the server browser.
vars.gamePassword - if set, players must enter this password when connecting to the server.
vars.friendlyFire – when set, people can inflict damage on others in the same team.
vars.killCam – when set, a killed player gets to see a close-up of his/hers killer for a few seconds.
vars.miniMap – when set, a minimap is available in the bottom-left corner of the screen during play.
vars.hud – when set, the hud is present.
vars.crossHair – when set, guns have crosshairs in the center of the screen.
vars.3dSpotting – when set, spotted targets are marked with icons in the 3D world.
vars.miniMapSpotting - when set, spotted targets are marked with icons on the minimap.
vars.3pCam - when set, 3rd
person vehicle cameras are enabled.
vars.nameTag – when set, nametags are rendered over players’ heads in the 3D world.
vars.regenerateHealth – when set, health regeneration is enabled.
vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed – when set, vehicles will spawn in-game.
vars.vehicleSpawnDelay – controls the delay between vehicle spawn; specified in percent (100% =
normal). vars.soldierHealth – sets maximum soldier health, specified in percent (0-100%; 100% = normal).
vars.playerRespawnTime – controls player respawn delay; specified in percent (100% = normal).
vars.playerManDownTime - controls player man-down time; specified in percent (100% = normal).
vars.bulletDamage – controls bullet damage; specified in percent (0-100%; 100% = normal).
vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn – when set, players can only spawn on the squad leader.
vars.roundStartPlayerCount – when the server is in pre-round, it waits for this many players to be
present until it proceeds to start the real round.
vars.roundRestartPlayerCount – when a round is going, if the number of players drops under this
number, the round will be aborted and the server moves back to pre-round.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
Courtesy of Branzone and Planet BF, BF3 Server Admin docs have popped up. Just for everyone to consider:
vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn – when set, players can only spawn on the squad leader.

Very nice list. Could create a hardcore mode with same damage settings if really desired. Keep it on normal for now.

Only issue is no gravity setting. I want my moongamers omaha beach server.

bonus points if you know what im talking about

LordCanti

For day one, I'm thinking no killcam. Probably no other changes.

Later though.... no squad spawning (only leader) could be implemented....get hyped, anti-squad-spawning-bros.

Votes are going to need to be had. Blood and tears will be shed.

scogoth

LordCanti said:
For day one, I'm thinking no killcam. Probably no other changes.

Later though.... no squad spawning (only leader) could be implemented....get hyped, anti-squad-spawning-bros.

Leave kill cam. Why is every so against kill cam? If you are on the move and not camping it shouldn't put you at a disadvantage. Not only that but it allows you a glimpse to see if they are glitching like the floor glitch in beta.

Spl1nter

scogoth said:
Leave kill cam. Why is every so against kill cam? If you are on the move and not camping it shouldn't put you at a disadvantage. Not only that but it allows you a glimpse to see if they are glitching like the floor glitch in beta.

Because location based kill cams work just as well to stop camping without giving away a players location. However, I dont think that will be implemented properly for bf3.

scogoth

Spl1nter said:
Because location based kill cams work just as well to stop camping without giving away a players location. However, I dont think that will be implemented properly for bf3.

Well seeing as the option is follow cam or nothing I vote leave it on. If there was another option I would go for it, but to be killed by someone who is sitting in a crevice with a 5 degree arc that covers a cap point and sits there is wasting a slot on our server. It's more frustrating when it's your own team doing that knowing the opponent can't do anything about it.

Everyone better be on mumble.......

LordCanti

scogoth said:

I hate people knowing where I've gone in their base (or near their flag in conquest). If I take someone out near a flag (they control), and then go into a house, I shouldn't have to face that guy and ten of his friends for my troubles, just because he knows to say "Hey guys, he went in that house!".

Dead people shouldn't be allowed to give out intel.

scogoth

LordCanti said:
I hate people knowing where I've gone in their base (or near their flag in conquest). If I take someone out near a flag (they control), and then go into a house, I shouldn't have to face that guy and ten of his friends for my troubles, just because he knows to say "Hey guys, he went in that house!".

Well I would love for that to happen, means they're on mumble or ingame chat =D

I'd rather that then have campers.

LordCanti

scogoth said:
Well I would love for that to happen, means they're on mumble or ingame chat =D

I'd rather that then have campers.

If only we could make it so that the cam only came on for kills past a certain distance. Hmm....

Top Bottom