• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Poyunch

Repost from the console thread.; :X

PounchEnvy said:
So I've been aching to buy this game but I'm not sure if my laptop can run it.

Ran my PC through System Requirements Lab and got this:

CPU:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU U 520 @ 1.07GHz
CPU Speed: 1.1 GHz
RAM: 3.8 GB
Windows 7 64 bit
3.6 GB of Video RAM
Pixel Shader v. 4.1
Vertex Shader v. 4.1

I definitely don't meet the recommended amount of RAM off by .2 and it recommends v. 5.0 for the shader but if I turn set some settings to low do you guys think it run decently?

scogoth

PounchEnvy said:
Repost from the console thread.; :X

Yeah most definitely not going to cut it. Your CPU is woefully under powered and that scan doesn't show your GPU (I'm guessing its Intel HD integrated graphics sharing your main RAM hence the 3.6) but I don't have high hopes for anything paired with an ultra mobile CPU.

Poyunch

scogoth said:
Yeah most definitely not going to cut it. Your CPU is woefully under powered and that scan doesn't show your GPU (I'm guessing its Intel HD integrated graphics sharing your main RAM hence the 3.6) but I don't have high hopes for anything paired with an ultra mobile CPU.
Oh well. Thanks.

1stStrike said:
Hah, good shit. I thoroughly enjoyed playing that night with you guys. Will definitely do so again soon!

Oh, and all of my epic quotes that night didn't make it in lol. Sadface.

Hahaha, well, I still have all the original footage, but a lot of our banter was during boring moments, so I excluded it, for the most part. There's still a good deal of footage to post, though. So don't worry, humiliation could still happen.

EDIT: What I would LOVE to do, is have other gaffers record the same match and just focus on working only together/in a group the entire match, and then cutting the scenes together afterward.

Hahaha, Scogoth and Striketh are usually most vocal in Mumble, and you might think they sound similar, so you could be thinking of two people.

Spl1nter is the stoned Canadian. My voice doesn't get picked up (is there a way around this?).

1stStrike

Banned
Anton Sugar said:
Hahaha, well, I still have all the original footage, but a lot of our banter was during boring moments, so I excluded it, for the most part. There's still a good deal of footage to post, though. So don't worry, humiliation could still happen.

EDIT: What I would LOVE to do, is have other gaffers record the same match and just focus on working only together/in a group the entire match, and then cutting the scenes together afterward.

Ah, true. Oh and I'd totally record some footage, but that shit would take a long ass time to upload. I'd have to do a bunch of work to compress the videos down first, and I just don't have time for that shit =\

PjotrStroganov said:
Who's the guy who doesn't quit japping?

All of us talked pretty consistently in the video, so not sure who you're talking about. Probably me, though, as I'm pretty vocal when I'm playing.

Hey Anton, are you adjusting much for the recoil of the guns? You are downing enemies alot faster than me.

1stStrike said:
Ah, true. Oh and I'd totally record some footage, but that shit would take a long ass time to upload. I'd have to do a bunch of work to compress the videos down first, and I just don't have time for that shit =\

All of us talked pretty consistently in the video, so not sure who you're talking about. Probably me, though, as I'm pretty vocal when I'm playing.

I was guessing it was you;)

Foliorum Viridum said:
"Record external input" on FRAPS should do it I think.

I always record vids without voice so I'm not 100% sure.

I think I saw that, but it was mutually exclusive/could not be combined with recording my system sound. I'll double check when at home.

PjotrStroganov said:
Hey Anton, are you adjusting much for the recoil of the guns? You are downing enemies alot faster than me.

Yeah, I am, to the best of my ability, haha. Other thing to keep in mind is that most of these vids have me using my baby, the M4A1, which is already pretty low recoil. Most underrated gun in the game IMO.

I'm not that great at one-on-one gun battles, but I'm good at using my minimap and finding flanking routes.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anton Sugar said:
I'm not that great at one-on-one gun battles, but I'm good at using my minimap and finding flanking routes.

You fire from the hip quite a bit more than I do. I find that, unless the enemy is THISCLOSE, going down the sights is preferable, as it allows me to put more bullets on target than hip-firing. I do agree that the M4 is a great gun, burst or auto.

commish said:
You fire from the hip quite a bit more than I do. I find that, unless the enemy is THISCLOSE, going down the sights is preferable, as it allows me to put more bullets on target than hip-firing. I do agree that the M4 is a great gun, burst or auto.

I'm a pretty sloppy player. I have a fair amount of those "why didn't I ADS" deaths.

The M4A1 covers a lot of my mistakes, because it's accurate, low recoil, and throws down a lot of bullets quickly. With a lot of my hip-firing, ammo gets eaten UP. I should probably rock the RDS in these close range fights, but the suppressor is so good.

scogoth

Anton Sugar said:
GAF Teamwork!

Operation Firestorm
Kharg Island
Noshahr Canals
Tehran Highway

Good times. Still have about 50 minutes of footage that I'll export/upload tonight, hopefully. Teamwork makes decent players into great players.

Nice work. Splinters trolling on DTKT on canals is hilarious! No hard feelings DTKT, you're still better than him!

I made the mistake of opening them all at once, thats a lot of voices at once. And yeah record external input so we hear you!

Anton Sugar said:

You've inspired me, I'll start recording now that I've liberated a 1.5TB drive from another computer. What do you use to cut/edit? Ashamed to say I'm a mac guy but I don't want to transfer all that data over to edit it for youtube.

1stStrike

Banned
Mmm finally got my new key caps in. Totally ready for more BF3... right after I play Assassin's Creed :p

keyboard.jpg

scogoth said:
You've inspired me, I'll start recording now that I've liberated a 1.5TB drive from another computer. What do you use to cut/edit? Ashamed to say I'm a mac guy but I don't want to transfer all that data over to edit it for youtube.

I've just been using Windows Movie Maker to cut/edit so far, but I also have Adobe Premiere, which will be much easier for getting everything in sync.

Anton Sugar said:
Join us! We're all playing now.

Anyone I can add to my friend's list? I need more people to play with. I am 'that medic': the one that flings himself across hallways to revive squad members, and somehow always finds a nice spot to flank the enemy and mow them down while helping his squad push their position.

BoobPhysics101 said:
Anyone I can add to my friend's list? I need more people to play with. I am 'that medic': the one that flings himself across hallways to revive squad members, and somehow always finds a nice spot to flank the enemy and mow them down while helping his squad push their position.
add me, name is slopeslider90

BoobPhysics101 said:

Check the Platoons in the OP. I'd add the leaders/founders, if you're adding anyone.

I just denied a bunch of applicants to NeoGAF Central because I couldn't find their names on GAF. Let me know if you are applying.

LordCanti said:
We stayed on that empty server for waaaaay too long. Thanks in any case guys.

Back to Skyrim
We were all waiting for someone else to find us a new server , but due to chronic laziness, we all just played 2v2 for an hour while complaining about how someone should go find a server.

Ferga

slopeslider said:
We were all waiting for someone else to find us a new server , but due to chronic laziness, we all just played 2v2 for an hour while complaining about how someone should go find a server.

2v2 hahaha sounds awesome

I'll be out of town until Sunday--no playing for me.

scogoth, when I get back, I'd like to see what footage you got last night. There is some decent Caspian footage of our squad defending Gas Station that could be pretty fun.

scogoth

Anton Sugar said:
I'll be out of town until Sunday--no playing for me.

scogoth, when I get back, I'd like to see what footage you got last night. There is some decent Caspian footage of our squad defending Gas Station that could be pretty fun.

Yeah but after that it was pretty boring, we just kept steam rolling them

So the Multiplay renewal is due on November 25. When we "stress tested" it last Friday (mostly full for about 5-6 hours), it did have one crash--but from my understanding, the EOReality server has had a random crash here or there as well.

Do people prefer the EOReality server or the Multiplay? Does one perform noticeably better over the other for you? Has any Euro-GAF tried the EOR server?

we need to setup a playdate for this weekend and work hard to fill them up both.

then we hop from one to the other while on the same map rotation and we test for lag all night. everyone should try both servers throughout the night and give thier comparison.

maybe we should do 24/7 of a good map for an hour or two then switch to another every hour so everyone can hope servers while nearly full to test thier individual experience? we could control maps with the CC

1stStrike

Banned
Anton Sugar said:
So the Multiplay renewal is due on November 25. When we "stress tested" it last Friday (mostly full for about 5-6 hours), it did have one crash--but from my understanding, the EOReality server has had a random crash here or there as well.

Do people prefer the EOReality server or the Multiplay? Does one perform noticeably better over the other for you? Has any Euro-GAF tried the EOR server?

They're exactly the same for me. I get almost the same ping to both and I haven't noticed any real difference between them on my end.

fin

Cuban Legend said:
we need to setup a playdate for this weekend and work hard to fill them up both.

then we hop from one to the other while on the same map rotation and we test for lag all night. everyone should try both servers throughout the night and give thier comparison.

maybe we should do 24/7 of a good map for an hour or two then switch to another every hour so everyone can hope servers while nearly full to test thier individual experience? we could control maps with the CC

Saturday or Sunday should work for me. Good excuse to have a break from Skyrim.
Dovahkiin!!!!!

achapel

I think it is a toss up as far as server stability is concerned, but out of performance, there is no lag on my server that I have never noticed. There are other things to factor in, that I think are more important than stability, and that is support. Eoreality has been very good about support, and in fact replies within minutes usually. It also has a potential to be cheaper, at the moment for month to month it is $62 for 64 players. That is after a $9.99 high cpu priority add-on and 15% discount. Not only that, there are discounts for 3/6/12 month purchases.

Anton Sugar said:

Get the same lame 70-80 ms ping to both of them. Are they in the Mid-West? I'm on the west coast in CA.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Increase the base flag count! Those servers with higher flag counts tend to be always populated. I know I always look for them.

LordCanti

Nabs said:

So, pretty much everyone is crashing.

I'm interested to read more about helicopters potentially being a cause (one of many). On one night I noticed two crashes immediately after a helicopter crashed, as if the helicopter crash had caused it.

Either way, let's just hope DICE can fix their shit soon. Step one is figuring out a way to keep servers full -_- They should put people into quick join queues, and then dump them all into a server at once, or something.

THE SCHEDULED WEEKEND-BF3-PCGAF SERVER PLAYTIME WILL BEGIN NOW.

COME JOIN, BRING FRIENDS, GET IN HERE SOLDIERS!

NeoGAF Community Server

We have 2 servers to fill up tonight boys, we can blitz them and fill them up quick if we seed them correctly to activate quickjoin (activates once a server meets criteria /a nd if over 50% full) so with 32 of us in the first server quickjoin will activate and we can start to let it ride! LETS DO THIS!

EKlh9.png

Don't be a little bitch, Join us in mumble for high-quality low-latency voice chat! NeoGAF Community Mumble Server IP: 64.34.202.140:6037

Mumble has been used for much of PC GAF's online communication. Please visit this thread for information on downloading and configuring Mumble.

scogoth

THE SCHEDULED WEEKEND-BF3-PCGAF SERVER PLAYTIME WILL BEGIN NOW.

COME JOIN, BRING FRIENDS, GET THE FUCK IN HERE SOLDIERS!

We have 2 servers to fill up tonight boys, we can blitz them and fill them up quick if we seed them correctly to activate quickjoin (activates once a server meets criteria /a nd if over 50% full) so with 32 of us in the first server quickjoin will activate and we can start to let it ride! LETS DO THIS!

Need food first....... Splinter pasta!

Top Bottom