• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother US 16 |OT| Now in HD! (Unmarked Spoilers, Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

No spoilers is the best decision BBGAF could have made. IMO, the shit that happens off camera is far and away the most interesting aspect of the game.

Flunkie

Banned
Was at field camp for most of last season and had to marathon them to catch up. Definitely not a fun way to watch, contrary to what you'd think. Pumped to be able to watch it like normal this season!!

So 2 HOH, 4 Nominees (each week) and a battle of the block competition (not detailed what this is), and audience interacts as team america with the show (not detailed how we influence the game). Also HOH can be nominated? (this may have something to do with the battle of the block competition).

Julie Chen just revealed this on The Talk.

Dinosur

With that many HoH's and nom's, you're going to see every single person's game plan within the first week or two. Unless there are like 40 houseguests.

On one hand, that might not be a horrible thing, but on the other it's pretty much guaranteed to spawn a Team A vs. Team B clique season.

kirblar

With that many HoH's and nom's, you're going to see every single person's game plan within the first week or two. Unless there are like 40 houseguests.

On one hand, that might not be a horrible thing, but on the other it's pretty much guaranteed to spawn a Team A vs. Team B clique season.
Given the casting rumors, this may actually be a literal Team A v Team B season at the start.

Dinosur

I didn't see Julie's actual clip, but mortys is saying Team America is the live feed subscribers, not all viewers in general. Any truth to that or is everyone just jumping to be first to post the news and not proofing?

kirblar

That's a super-smart way to encourage people to sign up for feeds, and also lets you keep people from spamming votes.

I didn't see Julie's actual clip, but mortys is saying Team America is the live feed subscribers, not all viewers in general. Any truth to that or is everyone just jumping to be first to post the news and not proofing?
I don't think she specified she said "you, America would have a more interactive role" something like that.

Trigger

Julie didn't specify. I'm cool with that possibility for the reasons laid out by kirblar.

So maybe battle of the block is the 4 nominees and two HOH's playing in a comp to take one person off the block and maybe team america picking the second so there is still 3 mom's? Would really suck and it'd be BB's way of saving America's favorite for a while. Sounds about up their alley. Not sure how hoh could be effected unless if both of ones hohs noms come off they're no longer HOH and then vulnerable to a replacement I'd there's then a POV comp after two noms are set. Seems too complicated for them though. Remember how we all over thought the MVP last year and it ended up being lame...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
That wouldn't surprise me, the live feed page is advertising subscriber only votes.

HVcJkRy.png

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/live_feed/

deTURMANed22

Neo Member
I'm not sure how I feel about the twist yet. I think I need to see how it plays out in the first week or so before I can pass judgment. I'm excited to find out who the houseguests are.

I'm not sure how I feel about the twist yet. I think I need to see how it plays out in the first week or so before I can pass judgment. I'm excited to find out who the houseguests are.

Same. Though if it turns out America has lots of power this season, I'll be pretty bummed out. It makes sense to go this route given the disaster that was last season. This is most likely stemming from the fact that they feel the need to implement measures so that "hated" characters don't make it as far. But I just want to see them compete, if I wanted a popularity contest I'd watch BB UK. =/

ecurbj

Regardless, this will definitely add many new levels of strategy. We obviously have some type of team format because otherwise the HOHs could end up nominating the same people. We could see scenarios where the two HOHs collude if one of them wants to get rid of their own team members. That HOH could just throw up 2 strong members of the opposing team and hope they win the Battle of the Block, so that only his team member nominees remain.

I don't know. I'm just speculating. We shall see soon ;)

It's actually the best voting implentation I can recall for any show, since it stops multi-votes and make the dedicated feed monsters the important votes.

This might be a bit of an economical thing too. CBS wants to cover the costs of adding HD cameras ASAP, so this may lure more people to sign up for the live feeds.

zugzug

man I am tempted to buy the Live cams and watch from 11pm till I fall asleep each night as i play video games on the second monitor.....but.

Ovid

man I am tempted to buy the Live cams and watch from 11pm till I fall asleep each night as i play video games on the second monitor.....but.
But what? I enjoyed the live cams last year even with that horrible cast.

So much drama. I love it.

So 2 HOH, 4 Nominees (each week) and a battle of the block competition (not detailed what this is), and audience interacts as team america with the show (not detailed how we influence the game). Also HOH can be nominated? (this may have something to do with the battle of the block competition).

Julie Chen just revealed this on The Talk.

This all sounds WAY too gimmicky. The show needs to be stripped of a lot of the excess bullshit, not have more added. Team America= built in way to screw with the show.

Welp, it's good that BB is back and it's nice to see the regulars here again. Here's hoping for a MUCH better cast (I'm not sure it could be much worse than last year). I'm expecting quite a few returnees

I know it's cheap and easy built in drama, but I hope half the cast isn't on anti depressants this year

Dinosur

From mortys again...

In Big Brother 16, the house will be divided into two teams, eight HGs on each team. One person from each team will win HoH each week, meaning there will be two HoHs, Each HoH nominates two people for eviction, meaning there will be four nominees on the block at a time. Then the two team compete in a new competition called "Battle of the Block," and only one team will emerge victorious, and the other team's two nominations will remain on the block, and that team's HoH will be stripped of their power and safety. The winning team will be safe, including the two nominations and the HoH. The winning HoH, the two nominees and three players selected by random draw will then compete for the Power of Veto. The winner of the PoV can leave the nominations the same, or take someone off the block and replace them with anyone they want, including the losing team's HoH. [I'm not sure if the PoV winner, or the HoH gets to select as before, but it was written that the PoV winner does the selecting, so we'll just have to wait and see.] The one of the remaining two nominees will be voted out as usual.

That's a lot of competition if true. Makes for a pretty packed week with maybe only one off-day.

HoH Comp
Noms
Battle of the Block
PoV Comp
Noms 2
Eviction

Guess the whole have-not junk is gone this season too?

Dinosur

This will actually be my first year getting the live feeds instead of just reading mortys/jokers 50 million times a day. Is there really no app? They have branding all over with their "watch it anywhere" crap but the faq makes it sound like on Android you have to go the old school route of getting Firefox Beta to run flash.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Wonder how much they'll take from BBCAN this season, we had some great variations on regular comps and stuff, should be neat to see what BBUS can do to top it this year.

Dinosur

Looks like they did a semi-decent job of getting different types of women instead of a house full of bar sluts. The men are the epitome of BB bullet points.

Lol at duck dynasty wanna-be guy though.

Dinosur

First thing that's immediately apparent. After Aaryn last season? At least 5 minority castmembers. (And prooobably a gay guy, but don't want to FarCry 4 him in case he's not. :p) That's definitely a lot higher than their normal ratio.

The internet says that guy is Ariana Grande's brother. No clue who he is though.

edit: Cast Videos up

DMeisterJ

Banned
well I guess Frankie's winning anything America votes on.

so relieved that it's all new people.

Ariana is sort of irrelevant and unknown by the viewing audience. No chance of that being an issue. Especially if votes are kept to the feed viewers.

I need to watch the vids to pick a pre season favorite. Based on pics, I'll go with zach or Paola

Ariana is sort of irrelevant and unknown by the viewing audience. No chance of that being an issue. Especially if votes are kept to the feed viewers.

I need to watch the vids to pick a pre season favorite. Based on pics, I'll go with zach or Paola

I like Zach as well.

Jarrod38

Just by going looks I already cannot stand Hayden and Nicole. My picks are going to be Devin, Caleb, and Christine.

I just wish CBS would stop riding the Jeff train I just don't see what people see in him.

Dinosur

I gave 10 votes to Joey because I liked her interview the best, 5 to Nicole for my shallow "you're the cutest," and 5 for Christine since she seems cool.

I doubt I'll ever really care about her, but it was refreshing to see Brittany actually admit to being recruited when everyone else tries to lie about what a big "fan" they are (poorly). They even had to edit cut when Paola tried to answer that question lol.

Parch

Cast is looking very BBCAN2. Mostly 20-somethings. One guy over 40 that will quickly be isolated and ignored. I assume the 33 year old minister will be assuming the mom role.

Looks like they're going for another house party with all the cool kids. Lot's of begging for alcohol so they can just dance and flirt. Everybody will be best buds except for the one or two outcasts they want to vote out each week.
Blech.

kirblar

Cast is looking very BBCAN2. Mostly 20-somethings. One guy over 40 that will quickly be isolated and ignored. I assume the 33 year old minister will be assuming the mom role.

Looks like they're going for another house party with all the cool kids. Lot's of begging for alcohol so they can just dance and flirt. Everybody will be best buds except for the one or two outcasts they want to vote out each week.
Blech.
I wonder if they're going for Danielle Reyes 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom