• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother US 16 |OT| Now in HD! (Unmarked Spoilers, Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deTURMANed22

Neo Member
Mixed feelings about the cast. There are quite a few I like right off the bat, but I can also tell that I already hate some of them.

xaosslug

Cody is an aspiring model, apparently... I'm thinking MANY (all?) of these peeps are 'red herrings' for past house guests that will be revealed on the premiere... >.>

you can watch interviews w/ the new 'cast' here.

krpiper

So I have seen every episode of Survivor, but have never seen Big Brother.

Is this season a good time to start? or should I grab a older season from iTunes for example?

kirblar

So I have seen every episode of Survivor, but have never seen Big Brother.

Is this season a good time to start? or should I grab a older season from iTunes for example?
BB2/3/6 are all good. Then it turns to crap after S7, where the original executive producer leaves.

cory64

That being said, just jump into this one because the live aspect of it is most of what makes the later seasons entertaining.

kirblar

That being said, just jump into this one because the live aspect of it is most of what makes the later seasons entertaining.
And don't get invested. Expect rigging. Lots of it.

Survivor makes an honest effort to play fair. This show doesn't.

donnythompson_bio.jpg

oh

rofl

Dinosur

exposed. >_<

Benefit of the doubt: most of these people haven't seen or heard of the show, so all they know is from watching old CBS episodes during sequester. Without knowing the actual stories, it's not that surprising some houseguests this season have already mentioned Spencer, GinaMarie, and Helen as good/fun players. The show pretty much only outted Aaryn and Amanda as being the crazy ones last year.

edit: maybe "crazy" is the wrong word because GM was definitely shown as crazy lol.

Benefit of the doubt: most of these people haven't seen or heard of the show, so all they know is from watching old CBS episodes during sequester. Without knowing the actual stories, it's not that surprising some houseguests this season have already mentioned Spencer, GinaMarie, and Helen as good/fun players. The show pretty much only outted Aaryn and Amanda as being the crazy ones last year.

edit: maybe "crazy" is the wrong word because GM was definitely shown as crazy lol.

The question is, why the hell would the producers give them last season to watch in sequester?

I'll give my detailed impressions of the cast later tonight

deTURMANed22

Neo Member
I've always just watched on TV and followed the feed updates on different websites. Do you guys recommend buying the feeds? I'm really considering it considering the early bird special is fairly cheap for the whole season.

UberTag

I've always just watched on TV and followed the feed updates on different websites. Do you guys recommend buying the feeds? I'm really considering it considering the early bird special is fairly cheap for the whole season.
The Big Brother TV series is one of the most unoriginal, manufactured and canned shows in reality television today. It's practically unwatchable (the transition to HD will help).
The Big Brother live feeds are one of the most fascinating, insightful and captivating viewing experiences one can experience in reality television today.
Both star the same people. One doesn't have a filter, scripted diary rooms or biased editing.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Holy Shit the CBS site is so awful. There's an ad before each vid, and then an ad in the bottom right corner that keeps on repeating every 10-15 seconds...

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.

LORD. HAVE. MERCY.

All I wanted besides no racism or bigotry this year was some male and female eye candy (I enjoy attractive people what can I say). Cody is better looking than everyone of the last 5 seasons combined. Makes Jeff and Janelle, the two former BB hotties look ugly in comparison

edit: ok nevermind I watched his interview and the face ain't that great

cory64

LORD. HAVE. MERCY.

All I wanted besides no racism or bigotry this year was some male and female eye candy (I enjoy attractive people what can I say). Cody is better looking than everyone of the last 5 seasons combined. Makes Jeff and Janelle, the two former BB hotties look ugly in comparison

edit: ok nevermind I watched his interview and the face ain't that great

he can be cute
io3WsHH59arUG.gif

ecurbj

Ariana Grande: "My brother is on the block again...?" No problem got 13.7 million followers for America's team vote to save him!

Oh and look what we have here:

tumblr_n7fl5yjHsu1s5cb4xo1_500.png

Ovid

I gotta root for Paola, most attractive of the bunch and seems like she'll be entertaining too.
I like her too. Plus, she's reppin NY.

I think Amber is the hottest. Unfortunately, she doesn't know shit about the game because she never watched it before. She'll be gone early.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Why on earth would they risk someone connected to her?

I know, right? *VOM* I was hoping for a BIGOT FREE SEASON THIS YEAR :(
Does Paola work in a soup kitchen? Maybe she knows GM from there. I can't imagine any reputable company hiring GM and she was fired from her shitty pageant job so I have just pictured her frequenting soup kitchens for meals when she's not busy searching Manhattan for her "true love" Nick. A mess.

I'm not ashamed to say I'm kind of getting into Zach. He reminds me of Schmidt from New Girl <3
My top 4 currently: Caleb, Zach, Amber, Cody

I kind of want to like Jocasta but let's be real, going by her goofy pic she's gonna be gone first week, they gonna chew her up 'n spit her out

ecurbj

What's so funny about this whole GinaMarie connection is that Paola is friends with GinaMarie & Nick who is friends with Frankie. So all four of them know each other some way or another.

Crazy, right? I know.

UberTag

So much returning houseguest paranoia. Have some faith, peeps.

Cody is an aspiring model, apparently... I'm thinking MANY (all?) of these peeps are 'red herrings' for past house guests that will be revealed on the premiere... >.>

you can watch interviews w/ the new 'cast' here.
What's the deal with all of the 'cast' having their first names in "quotes" (does air quotes motion) in their Reality Relapse interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom