• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection |OT| Once is not enough.

stephen08

PAUjWhV.jpg

qbhpuXD.jpg

aOtaS9w.jpg

I don't specifically remember what this looked like before but I have to imagine it was better than this.

Patrick S.

Banned
Cool, the Bioshock remaster will be the 400th game in my Steam library :) Bioshock was one of those rare games I actually bought day one AND played to the end.

I often think back and remember how I loved the engrossing experience this game gave me.

Wait AGAIN a remaster with missing graphical effects? WHY DOES THAT KEEP HAPPENING? It should be either the very same as the original or superior but never EVER a step back. Some remaster... It shouldn't be a compromise for such old titles, it should be improvement only.

It keeps happening probably because there are challenges the devs face that we don't know about. Do you think the devs/publishers just decide to fuck with everyone and release the game with missing effects or other elements?

I'm not trying to defend them. By all means, If you don't think it's worth it or don't want to support them then don't buy it, but to make statements like you're making without having any clue of the challenges the dev team faces when taking on these projects is very childish.

Hopefully the issues will get fixed cause I want to replay these games and the water especially
Is very important for the atmosphere of this game.

Neiteio

Does the dev that handled the remaster have an active social media presence? Any chance they or 2K will listen to complaints about missing effects and perhaps issue a patch reinstating them? I remember back with the original BioShock on PS3, 2K was pretty quick to promise a patch fixing the mixing/poor graphical effects, and delivered on it (albeit it took a couple months, but they made good on their promise).

Gator86

Does the dev that handled the remaster have an active social media presence? Any chance they or 2K will listen to complaints about missing effects and perhaps issue a patch reinstating them? I remember back with the original BioShock on PS3, 2K was pretty quick to promise a patch fixing the mixing/poor graphical effects, and delivered on it (albeit it took a couple months, but they made good on their promise).

They have a twitter account, but from a quick viewing it seems like your most basic self-congratulatory #brand Twitter. I hope people actively try to get them to fix the issues with the collection by reaching out though.

Stranya

Not sure, but hopefully they'll read/watch the inevitable Digital Foundry analysis.

Shredderi

It keeps happening probably because there are challenges the devs face that we don't know about. Do you think the devs/publishers just decide to fuck with everyone and release the game with missing effects or other elements?

I'm not trying to defend them. By all means, If you don't think it's worth it or don't want to support them then don't buy it, but to make statements like you're making without having any clue of the challenges the dev team faces when taking on these projects is very childish.

Hopefully the issues will get fixed cause I want to replay these games and the water especially
Is very important for the atmosphere of this game.

I've worked on games so I have an inkling of insight into the process but I'm just mostly frustrated. I also have the games on steam so I don't have to pay for the patches.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The PC ones don't have a rewritten engine, just a tweaked one, so it will be fine!
That's what I keep telling myself...

In a perfect world the PC version is the vanilla game with the actual improvements + 60 FPS physics. But we'll see in a few :p

If anybody could let the thread know how big the PC downloads are when they show up, that would be awesome. I won't be home for a few hours, guessing I may not get to actually play tonight.

For real? So it's still on a weird mix of Unreal Engine 2?

That's just what I was telling myself aka 'hoping'.

leng jai

I'm with you on the audio. I keep hearing splicers whistling like they're right next to me when they're actually far away or in completely different rooms.

The original game had this issue was as well - splicers that were far away would sound like they were right next to you. The mixing in Bioshock was never particularly good, and it sounds like they haven't done much to fix it.

Patrick S.

Banned
I've got the uncensored PEGI version in Steam but I live in Germany, where the 1st game is censored. I hope I get the uncensored version.

Haha, it says purchased in 2013...

Wow, from 5gb to 21 gb, hope it's worth it.

Fuchsdh

I'm with you on the audio. I keep hearing splicers whistling like they're right next to me when they're actually far away or in completely different rooms.

It's probably a case where the remaster magnified previous issues. Halo CE had an issue where weapons could get stuck in walls and rotate around, causing a racket, but it only became noticeable to me because of the frequency it occurs in Halo PC and Halo CEA. CEA had its share of slight issues with the original graphics (some effects were indeed downgraded from the Xbox version) but the ability to switch back and forth between the graphics and the much better version of the new graphics made it a small issue. Here, it's much more noticeable.

The games are in the weird twilight area of proper graphical updates being limited due to the power differential between the two generations of consoles, but this still feels like a pretty weak offering; there should be a lot more to offer than just "get the games and DLC on a current platform". I feel like the fact that it's free on PC is a big indicator that they realized people would feel ripped off otherwise.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I normally don't care about these things but fuck:

• Bioshock
  • Bioshock 2
  • Bioshock 2 Remastered
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Bioshock Remastered

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Patrick S.

Banned
Here we go!

Of course, Bioshock 1 comes first

0cd68dbc516849ab9307d30d438c4101.png

Cabrón, why u internet so fast? :O

When I signed up for Telekom VDSL50 in 2013 it was like the fastest thing ever and now it's already slow... And I pay like €50 a month for internet and a few calls to cellphones...

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I normally don't care about these things but fuck:

• Bioshock
  • Bioshock 2
  • Bioshock 2 Remastered
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Bioshock Remastered

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
At least it's not like
BioShock
Bioshock 2
BIOSHOCK 2 REMASTERED ©
Bioshock: REMASTERED

edit: looking at you, DARK SOULS™ II

Clopezi

Cabrón, why u internet so fast? :O

When I signed up for Telekom VDSL50 in 2013 it was like the fastest thing ever and now it's already slow... And I pay like €50 a month for internet and a few calls to cellphones...

Haha, Telefónica delivers it, looks like one of the best fiber in Europe

Yes, times change!

Downloading :)

I hope Minerva's Den is there, cause it lists it as available for me to buy, but shows that I have it for Bioshock 2.

eerik9000

Damn, I thought I was clever by downloading both 1 & 2 days ahead of time wating for a simple update, but the whole game needs to be re-downloaded. :|

Top Bottom