• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection |OT| Once is not enough.

Wasn't showing up. Relaunched Steam with my VPN active, set for U.S. Downloading now.

So... The water is jacked up?

That's disappointing. The water was one of the things the original game did really well.

leng jai

Started the download just before going to work. If it's not showing up just restart Steam. It's going to be a waste of 12GB of my cap if they water looks that gimped on PC as well.

Patrick S.

Banned
Started the download just before going to work. If it's not showing up just restart Steam. It's going to be a waste of 12GB of my cap if they water looks that gimped on PC as well.

Man, you see that water like two times in the whole game, is it really such a big deal?

mario_O

love my fiber.

56ac.png

Charcoal

First impressions: Bioshock 1 looks and runs great. Gotta run to the airport, but should be able to play more later.

1440X2560 and rock solid 60fps. 980TI and 6770 at 4.5

aravuus

Aww yeah, there they are. It's almost 2am though, gotta wait till tomorrow. Or later, will have to see if I have the time and/or the energy to play them.

Glad to see I got Bioshock 2 and Minerva's Den too, even though I bought them just a couple of days ago.

Arkanius

I've seen a lot of low detail textures on Minervas Den, but its clearly a bug because if I enter or exit the room multiple times, the texture ends up loading correctly.

SillyJoe

Oh I could have sworn there was no AF option in the original...I'm gonna have to go check that out again. Definitely more sliders than I remember.

Just looked at it and looks to be set to 4x by default with no slider (have to manually configure it in configuration file), so you're right. I was just pointing out that there were a lot more options in the original (I assume you were only taking about AF?)

First impressions: Bioshock 1 looks and runs great. Gotta run to the airport, but should be able to play more later.

1440X2560 and rock solid 60fps. 980TI and 6770 at 4.5

You could easily downsample from 4K with that setup. I'm playing at 4K and only have around 50% GPU usage.

Anteater

Hmm, would lack of graphics options suggest it is locked to one setting, console setting?

If so that'd be a shame.

It's a remaster of a game from last gen, it wasn't going to have additional effects exclusive for PC, the only downside here is that you can't lower/turn off stuff.

Someone can put it to Nvidia DSR in fullscreen mode?

Yeah. I just ran Bioshock 2 that way. Ran fine in the first area. Minerva's Den was there.

2 has less graphics options than 1 even.

You've got vsync on / off
windowed on / off
And AA on / off.

Lol.

Also didn't seem to have the water ripples the DX10 version of Bioshock 2 has from the player.

Ripples were definitely there in Bioshock, I just checked. I'll double check if 2 had these in the first area or not.

Just looked at it and looks to be set to 4x by default with no slider (have to manually configure it in configuration file), so you're right. I was just pointing out that there were a lot more options in the original (I assume you were only taking about AF?)

mostly, yes...there are still a few more options than I remembered. I'm going to boot up the original and play around a bit.

DjRalford

It's a remaster of a game from last gen, it wasn't going to have additional effects exclusive for PC, the only downside here is that you can't lower/turn off stuff.

Ah well, I will download them when i get home in the morning, looking at other peoples results i should get 4k 60fps locked on my OC'd nano / 4790k.

galv

Unconfirmed Member
I'm assuming the options are bad because the games are already maxed out - you can play BioShock/BioShock 2 on toasters. The remasters are probably no different.

Do they look like they're missing anything the originals had in-game? Waiting for a Digital Foundry style comparison video...

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I normally don't care about these things but fuck:

• Bioshock
  • Bioshock 2
  • Bioshock 2 Remastered
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Bioshock Remastered

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

You can hide the ones you don't want to see, or just set them to a different category. Making use of categories has done wonders for my library and backlog.

Top Bottom